Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2645

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Fluorecent light is not craftable but is wirable and functional, is it only available at traders? Also, industrial light consumes 7W, the others 5W, and the gigantic spotlight is 5W too. Some balance is needed there

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Not likely, we have ordered localization for an 18 patch so 18 is pretty much locked down in terms of content or serious changes.

No I like blowing holes in walls to make quick escapes. How many games let you shoot actual holes in walls? None, so I want that feature.
    My only real issue with that is that shotguns with buckshot are frequently used in home defense scenarios expressly because they won't over-penetrate walls like a 5.56 or 7.62 can. Yes, I know fun gameplay trumps realism, but the damage to containers from an accidental shot or near-miss is actually a problem.

Could it be lowered at least on the standard ammo so that a point-blank shot where one block gets all pellets will still shatter it, but a stray pellet from a middle-distance shot won't wreck the chest you're working towards? That would keep from having to switch ammo but still alleviate the issue.

the game needs a setting for the cost of the goods for the trader. This would be a logical continuation of the loot settings.
    For example, I want loot to be small, but the cost of the items found was high.

also need to add settings the RW gen. So that you can create a world without a trader. Many people would like to play without a trader.
    Last edited by custom_hero; 11-23-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou View Post
    I want to mod the spear with a grenade, so that when it sticks to the zombie, it explodes. it takes out a chunk of durability, but does more damage. Maybe add a grenade bouquet mod so that it completely destroys the spear, but you get a mass explosion. It would be very useful for pvp if someone tries to escape in a 4x4 and you hit it with a spear.

For some extra crazy shennigans, maybe even an electric fence mod for the spear, you throw a spear out while standing next to an electric fence pole, and the spear now adds a line of electric fence. and hell, while we are at it, why not a mounted harpoon gun that is powered by electricity that uses spears as ammo? give it a slow rate of fire but a 400% chance of crippling because it would be awesome to play with. Penetration is determined by type of spear used. That gives non spear players a reason to craft crummy level 1 spears if they have the schematic.

As for the home run ability, it needs to quadruple zombie fall damage. It is absolutely annoying clearing out the shotgun messiah factory on gamestage 200 when i knock a feral off the building during a quest. I then have to go back down find where the idiot is beating against the wall, and bash his brains in for the 600th time. Knocking a zombie off of a building, and having it break all it's limbs then die would be a hell of a lot more rewarding and fun to watch instead of these meat terminators that just get back up and try to rip walls down.
    The forest has molotov spears.

I was testing a base with a pitfall with big altitude (around 30 height) and I noticed the zombies no longer get a lot of fall damage. Normally knocking zombies out of a window from the fourth floor should destroy whatever bones they have and leave them paraplegic. And it should be more evident the heavier the zombie is (e.g. soldiers with heavy armor, construction workers, and cops).

Thanks for the feedback everyone lots of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by custom_hero View Post
    the game needs a setting for the cost of the goods for the trader. This would be a logical continuation of the loot settings.
    For example, I want loot to be small, but the cost of the items found was high.

also need to add settings the RW gen. So that you can create a world without a trader. Many people would like to play without a trader.
    The game doesn't need 80 billion settings, you simply need mods. I'm not saying having an economy slider is a bad thing, but it just makes balancing default settings a moving target by adding more stuff.

A lot of you have completely forgotten what its like to be a new player and continue to want things that take 250 hours of play time to even think about.

No, we're not doing no trader versions, we're filling the world with NPCs not removing them. Have some self control and don't use them, noone forces you to use them.

This is 7 Days to Die, not a simulation. That is what mods are for. Lets stay on topic and talk alpha 18 balance, not pimp dreams or mods.

Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    My only real issue with that is that shotguns with buckshot are frequently used in home defense scenarios expressly because they won't over-penetrate walls like a 5.56 or 7.62 can. Yes, I know fun gameplay trumps realism, but the damage to containers from an accidental shot or near-miss is actually a problem.

Could it be lowered at least on the standard ammo so that a point-blank shot where one block gets all pellets will still shatter it, but a stray pellet from a middle-distance shot won't wreck the chest you're working towards? That would keep from having to switch ammo but still alleviate the issue.
    What chests are you destroying? Most every good loot container has a decent amount of health, and all the boxes have a protective wooden shipping crate around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunknmunkey View Post
    @jwagne51

True however, spec-ing into heavy armor does the same thing. It's a bit of a moot point. Heavy armor spec-ing shouldn't give more mobility but rather more protection. Being sneaky doesn't really work right now so that's a bit moot as well. Doesn't matter if you're wearing light or heavy. Zeds wake up the same and stay asleep the same regardless.
    None of this is true.

I don't know where exactly the break point was, but I noticed that with Rank 5 Archery, 4 ranks of Run and Gun and with the Bandolier mod I'm able to fire a compound crossbow faster than the compound bow with non-charged shots. Not sure if you want the crossbow to be able to completely overtake the bow like this.

Edit: Went and retested this and found it was only true when going by the ammo counter. By spam clicking I'm able to occasionally get what I can only describe as double shots where the game is sorta fighting itself between the actual reload and drawing the bow. Not sure what could be done to make it smoother but the charge up bar does make it awkward to try to fire the bow at its fastest speed. It does give me the idea of a weapon mod that disables the charge up mechanic to facilitate faster firing, I believe charging up the shot only makes the arrow fly quicker but doesn't add damage, or at least it feels that way.

You also can't detonate landmines by shooting them with bows or crossbows, but they will be destroyed like a regular block when you shoot them with enough arrows.
    Last edited by Vintorez; 11-23-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Scavenger
    None of this is true.
    The difference between Steel and Military @ skill lvl 5 and improved fittings
    armor rating 16%
    mobility 17.7%
    Noise, not improved by specs: Military=50% Steel=100% only muffled fittings changes this so you're still 50% loud in light armor.

In my personal opinion these numbers are not a very good difference between light and heavy armor in the sense of choosing one over the other.

The game doesn't need 80 billion settings, you simply need mods. I'm not saying having an economy slider is a bad thing, but it just makes balancing default settings a moving target by adding more stuff.

A lot of you have completely forgotten what its like to be a new player and continue to want things that take 250 hours of play time to even think about.

No, we're not doing no trader versions, we're filling the world with NPCs not removing them. Have some self control and don't use them, noone forces you to use them.

This is 7 Days to Die, not a simulation. That is what mods are for. Lets stay on topic and talk alpha 18 balance, not pimp dreams or mods.
    You're absolutely right madmole! Btw. the alpha 18 is amazing
    Last edited by HornBloweR; 11-23-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunknmunkey View Post
    @jwagne51
    Being sneaky doesn't really work right now
    ???
    Being sneaky works great. You barely have to run 20m to lose a pack of zombies at night, and if you don't walk over trash like a doofus, you can easily sneak right past MOST zeds. Not all, but most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plamdown View Post
    Hello,
    Edit: i forgot to mention, one thing is missing from the crafting part, you don't actually see the general stats about what you are about to craft, base melee damage, resistance, ligth armor rating, and so on. This means you have to craft an item to actually see the stats, i know there is some rng about the stats too, but the base statistics should be display before crafting (imo).
    This please.

Scavenger
    @Axebeard

I should have specified in regards to sleeper zeds. It just doesn't seem to matter if you get to close to them but, maybe that has changed recently.

Hunter
    @Drunknmunkey

To be fair, I always use a bit of stealth in the early game, but I see sleepers as easy targets so I never try to sneak PAST them, just AROUND them to get a good angle for a headshot.

Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post

had to laugh at this one. i can just see myself handing my shotgun over to one of my boys and telling him to be careful when blowing holes in walls :-)

seriously though (actually not) i handed it over to #1 for his first try - i had taken the shells out when he wasnt looking - and yelled out BANG when he pulled the trigger. he wasnt impressed but his 3 younger brothers still give him s**t about it.