Page 76 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2124

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

  1. #1126
    Tracker TopAce6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    1
    The Burning Barrel is a very good Thematic Light-source and Decoration, i would hate to see it removed.
    However as far as being a Recipe ingredient... I'm fine with switching it or leaving it.

  2. #1127
    Inventor Kattla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Norway, land of trolls
    Posts
    972
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tete1805 View Post
    Make rotten flesh with acid and fresh meat?
    Or just scrap fresh meat?

  3. #1128
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    *tokes up and sits back thinking* I change my mind. If there are bandits, that would open the window to a lot more possibilities for new quest designs
    Yeah, the bandits open up a lot of possibilities. I'm hoping we end up with something that functions like STALKER: bandit groups randomly hanging out at different places, random missions to secure gear etc.
    Last edited by Axebeard; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:27 PM.

  4. #1129
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,558
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    By all means, post away.
    Its mainly concept art. I don't want to get people all excited for bandits when they are still a long ways off yet, I'd rather show stuff in the game and working they can get their hands on reasonably soon.

  5. #1130
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,558
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    Now that you mention it, it is tricky. Is it like a torch or is it a decorative element that can be added to the "misc" block? I think it should remain as a "furniture/misc" kind-off block , not as a recipe ingredient, because using a bit of gas and plastics instead is believable enough in the long run (for crafting the station) . 2 beakers are the real gate anyway.

    Schematics for furniture/misc objects are also cool for further awesomeness.
    Is the Burning barrel as a misc block that provides light extremely unbalanced ? Well that's the reason why I ask for misc objects schematics.

    Edit: The schematics would ve unlocking each item in the selector separately, like unlocking paint tiles for the paint brush.
    Decorations are worthless for fort defense and player progression, why gate them behind schematics? Besides we've moved to helpers to place a million different blocks, it feels like stuff could go there.

  6. #1131
    Tracker Bird Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    I live where my PC lives.
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Its mainly concept art. I don't want to get people all excited for bandits when they are still a long ways off yet, I'd rather show stuff in the game and working they can get their hands on reasonably soon.
    Speaking of concept art, is the new trader bob's post going to go into the game soon? And by new I mean the concept art that was shared of it from awhile ago for the A17 Concept art video. Also; are wolf companions also still planned or are they gone like the Behemoth?

  7. #1132
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    385
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Its mainly concept art. I don't want to get people all excited for bandits when they are still a long ways off yet, I'd rather show stuff in the game and working they can get their hands on reasonably soon.
    Do you have to do a mo-cap session for the bandit A.I.?

  8. #1133
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,558
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TopAce6 View Post
    The Burning Barrel is a very good Thematic Light-source and Decoration, i would hate to see it removed.
    However as far as being a Recipe ingredient... I'm fine with switching it or leaving it.
    Yes it is. I removed it from the chem station recipe, but for now it is still craftable. I think it could be nested under misc helper object or something.

  9. #1134
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    603
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    If I showed you guys stuff it would blow your minds.
    Do it!

  10. #1135
    Tracker Bird Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    I live where my PC lives.
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Yes it is. I removed it from the chem station recipe, but for now it is still craftable. I think it could be nested under misc helper object or something.
    The metal helper block might be a better choice for that, not sure though.

  11. #1136
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    603
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    Or just scrap fresh meat?
    Oh, thats a great idea.... I'm going to mod that in to my game, I think.

  12. #1137
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,558
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Nerd View Post
    Speaking of concept art, is the new trader bob's post going to go into the game soon? And by new I mean the concept art that was shared of it from awhile ago for the A17 Concept art video. Also; are wolf companions also still planned or are they gone like the Behemoth?
    Trader outposts will be getting overhauled, but there is no guarantee it will look anything like the concept, but hopefully they can surround it with stacked cars and the bus models, etc. Each trader will get his/her own sign and Joel will no longer have a franchise on Bob, Jen, Hugh, etc. Companions are vaporware until we can do some planning around that. Most likely it would be a human IMO, since 4 leg creatures have too many challenges navigating a voxel world. I never take Dogmeat in Fallout 4, I go straight to Piper since she can shoot a gun and isn't quite as annoying as Dogmeat who won't stop barking. I don't care if there is a tin can there dude, let it go.

  13. #1138
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,509
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Trader outposts will be getting overhauled, but there is no guarantee it will look anything like the concept, but hopefully they can surround it with stacked cars and the bus models, etc. Each trader will get his/her own sign and Joel will no longer have a franchise on Bob, Jen, Hugh, etc. Companions are vaporware until we can do some planning around that. Most likely it would be a human IMO, since 4 leg creatures have too many challenges navigating a voxel world. I never take Dogmeat in Fallout 4, I go straight to Piper since she can shoot a gun and isn't quite as annoying as Dogmeat who won't stop barking. I don't care if there is a tin can there dude, let it go.
    My feedback: Allow an option to remove trader protection. It adds a lot for solo and co-op games and for servers where there is fear that the trader will get killed they can keep protection. Think about it....

  14. #1139
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0
    Any chance we might see copper and zinc mining so we can smelt our own brass? Copper could be used in a number of electrical items as well if it were added into the game (i.e. electric fences).

  15. #1140
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tete1805 View Post
    Make rotten flesh with acid and fresh meat?
    That's more work than it should be. Just convert it 1:1 or something, you're just turning the meat bad. Maybe make it take a while or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •