Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 2,266 to 2,279 of 2279

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

  1. #2266
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello guys!! Me and my friend has an issue, the wood and the iron hatch is buggy can't place it without it being destroyed.
    We are playing on the experimental version.

  2. #2267
    Hunter Perlin_Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Unless you have XP cranked up to max or play in a party that just isn't the normal use case. I don't start seeing ferals until about day 28 and they are sparse. Radiated until level 40 to 50... demolishers even later. What settings do you use to get GS so high so fast?
    Sorry I did not mention. I am playing MP with two others, all default settings. It is absolutely chaotic on day 21.

    Would also like to congratulate you on a very successful alpha. The game is downright fun and addicting now.

  3. #2268
    Inventor Jay_ombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK - Birmingham
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    1
    It should be compulsory to start a fresh game and map if you play on RWG at each build.

    Its the only way to be sure for clean reports and error referencing.

    So far, new game 18.2 and no issues to report. (so far)



    I did find a purple pistol on day 2 I think it was, that correct (seems way to generous) ?
    Last edited by Jay_ombie; 1 Day Ago at 09:48 PM.

  4. #2269
    Hunter Perlin_Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    1
    Deleting old saves is also a must from what I recall

  5. #2270
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    This is likely in the works so i apologize for any reiterations of previous conversations. Melee hit boxes aside; which work wonderfully for me on either hosted P2P, dedicated server, or joining my friends. I think that the range of melee weapons is perfect and requires a bit of skill to anticipate and react to Z's that have been struck.
    What I think would add great balance to the game is additional skill books for each of the melee weapon types. I've seen talk of spears, but sledges, stun batons, machetes, etc. Need some additional bonus'. Currently the baseball bat is the most superior weapon due to the ability to get those additional perks from Batter Up. Which i love! But no other weapon sees those benefits (of course all ranged weapons have their skill book).
    Otherwise this game and the community are fantastic. Cannot wait to see the additional changes that come with the rest of A18 and moving into A19.

  6. #2271
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Perlin_Worm View Post
    Deleting old saves is also a must from what I recall
    That I don't understand. Why does the presence of old saves causes issues on a new game?

    For bug reporting I use a 7d2d shortcut that sets UserDataFolder. That way I can painless delete the bug-reporting UserDataFolder, without forsaking my saved games.

  7. #2272
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    444
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ombie View Post
    I did find a purple pistol on day 2 I think it was, that correct (seems way to generous) ?
    There is a very small chance to find exceptional loot, including purples, any time. It's like winning the toilet lottery.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    That I don't understand. Why does the presence of old saves causes issues on a new game?
    Generally it shouldn't and doesn't, but there was that one alpha where it did matter. Something about reading the save games for the list of which one to load up and continue caused a problem. As a matter of paranoid caution this and other events have caused the generally accepted wisdom that saves, configs, previously generated things of all types ought to be purged between version changes. Some even recommend deleting and reinstalling the game.

    Voodoo is also unreasonably popular.

  8. #2273
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    444
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknight68 View Post
    Hello guys!! Me and my friend has an issue, the wood and the iron hatch is buggy can't place it without it being destroyed.
    We are playing on the experimental version.
    If it's being placed somewhere that doesn't really have support it will sit for a moment, then fall. However, putting support beside or below it should let it remain in place. For underneath, try a ladder. For beside, any supporting block ought to do. I like doing both...even if it's just a plate or something similar on one side. I've done so in both 18.2 alpha builds and had it work fine.

  9. #2274
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunham3 View Post
    Voodoo is also unreasonably popular.
    I see nothing unreasonable with supernatural solutions, given the supernatural nature of the problems.

  10. #2275
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Polska
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    You want to get read by devs? Do it in a way they will most likely read.

    If I say I only read blue text, then you best be posting in blue text or it is not getting read.
    Might I ask, WHY isn't this information included in the forum rules?!?

    Also limiting the post lenght might do the trick. If 10000 characters is too much for you, maybe a limit of a 1000 characters will get the message accross?

    I only ask since I'm new here and I wrote my initial two post in detail because ... I could.

  11. #2276
    Colony Founder Prisma501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NL - Tilburg
    Posts
    1,305
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrutus View Post
    Might I ask, WHY isn't this information included in the forum rules?!?

    Also limiting the post lenght might do the trick. If 10000 characters is too much for you, maybe a limit of a 1000 characters will get the message accross?

    I only ask since I'm new here and I wrote my initial two post in detail because ... I could.
    Its not a rule. Its a tip. ^^

    And now you know.

    Cheers

  12. #2277
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Polska
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadGerry View Post
    (...)
    Cool thoughts - but I reckon you'll get a better discussion framing it as a discussion rather than a lecture - and I don't mean that disrespectfully; but I feel it's easier to ignore or dismiss anyone who includes phrases like 'this is too easy because I.....'
    Thank you for your reply. I must apologize for my tardiness and late reply, but I was working 12 to 14 hours a day for last two weeks, and today was the first day I could find a bit of time.


    I think you’ve misunderstood my initial intention. I never intended my post to be a start of a discussion of how to improve this game. I’ve read large part of this thread and parts of dev’s thread and I came to the conclusions that my ideas have almost zero chance of attracting the FP interest. Therefore presenting them in a way of suggestions made no sense to me.

    Instead I made a post about my experiences and about what I plan to do to make the 7 Days to Die interesting again for me and me alone. This was intended as purely informative message. Thus all the “I will” moments.

    Honestly I have not even considered to make my changes into a mod, and definitely did not think about an impact on MP gameplay and server resources. Maybe it was my mistake to put those two issues together, and possibly I could have put it more clearly.

    Rest assured though that should I ever think on making a mod for this game, I will consider your feedback.
    Last edited by MarcusBrutus; 2 Minutes Ago at 11:37 PM. Reason: Edited out wierd characters that got pasted in.

  13. #2278
    Ranger
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    1
    The are three major problems with PVP/PVE:

    First, players usually start with different levels. This can be alleviated by digging underground and hiding
    Second, cars are the only reliable source of engines but those are destroyed by the players above them. To alleviate this the player has to do quests and respawn cars. However, those cars are rare and there is a high chance players will camp in those locations because they are rich in loot. This can be fixed by repeatedly doing the same quest.
    Third and perhaps the most severe thing out of all of those mentioned is the explosive damage. I'm currently playing on a server that greatly reduced the damage of rockets and dynamites because those can level entire bases not just on pvp but on pve as well. This obviously needs to be scalable e.g. block explosive damage needs to be scalable on multiplayer to avoid grieving .

    So the solutions are:
    -Engines always spawn when a car is wrenched destroyed
    -Engines are more common
    -Quests could be looped indefinitely in a daily basis as they are now (without having to quit and rejoin the server)
    -Damage of explosions on blocks be customizable on multiplayer to avoid grieving.

  14. #2279
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Polska
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Thank you for your detailed post although it could have been much shorter and said more.
    OK, I'll try to respond in your manner: I call BS on everything in this response of yours, except for the parts of last paragraph. Is that short and yet informative enough?



    For those on this forum that would like to actually read "more_than_one_sentence" posts:

    Your post, Madmole, is an absurd mix of logical fallacies: ignoratio elenchi, petitio principii and false premise laced with a healthy dose of arrogance.

    This entire argument of your's is based on two false assumptions:
    a) that you actually correctly and completely understood what I wrote;
    b) that you know (not guess, but really know) what my gameplay style is like and what I like to do in this game.
    Both are false.

    Cases in point for the first:

    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You talked about not ever having a problem for food, yet you want to make huge farms available on day one and remove all risks of food contamination through cooking.
    Prey tell – where have I wrote about those huge farms?!? You've missed entire section of my post where I talked about limiting the number of farmed blocks by limiting access to seeds. How could I have huge farms when on the first day I am able to plant ony the seeds that I found (or bought) and can't make seeds from collected plants?!? And you completely omitted my ideas about adding food spoilage and permanent contamination chance.

    BTW, after a bit of thought I've decided that I will add new foods and drinks – the risk free versions made from non-contaminated, farmed plants. "Old" consumables will remain in the game as they are. Pointing out that my initial idea would allow for cooking save food from contaminated vegetables would actually make a valid argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You will even be crafting high tier weapons and tools, magically? You talk about immersion, yet you will craft the best gear on the planet without even once reading a schematic? You must have modded INT to go to 20 or 30 to be that smart.
    Not at all – I want to be able to craft them using the same system that was used in A17 and is still used in A18 (at least in some part). Example: One can craft hunting rifles by buing first level of Dead Eye perk. But to craft the marksman rifle after spending four more points in to the same perk (and much more into Perception) is suddenly "magic"? It is the same mechanic – as one gains experience, one gains levels and "learns" by spending earned points! I wrote that clearly enough.
    Note as well that in your current system a total blockhead "dumb as a box of rocks" can read and understand any and all recipes and schematics. No investment in Intelligence is needed to understand more complex things. This makes your argumentation "pot and kettle" at best.


    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Oh a new workstation? Great, I suppose you craft it as well, from sharp sticks perhaps? Adding new workstations doesn't do anything. Its just a gate. Imagine repair at a repair bench? No field repair? No thanks.
    I've never wrote what the new forge or any other workstation will be made of. You are putting words into my mouth. If you think that is proving your point – it does not!
    I wrote what the new workstations will accomplish. Saying that it will not "do anything" is not an argument – is is simply a negation, which by itself does not prove a thing. Also if you'd read my post carefully, you'd notice that the idea of a static repair station was already rejected by me. You are therefore flogging a dead horse here.


    Now for the second assumption of yours.



    You repeatedly claimed that I "want to sit on my ass". How do you know that? Where have I wrote that I do that, exactly? The only thing I wrote was that I play long games, developing my character to the fullest and that because of my own permadeath condition I play rather cautiously. I've never wrote how exactly I play, I've never posted any of my full gameplays on the internet (just bits from Starvation mod). Therefore you simply can not know how I play. You've tried to guess and I'll have you know that you've missed – the only time I did not leave the general vicinity of my base for 30 days was during the gameplay in A15 where I just could not find the minibike book. I found it on day 55, IIRC. By staying in the vicinity I mean I looted every POI in the settlements within a day of walking from my base. And I definitely did not "squat on cacti "!

    What you failed to understand I that what I want is balance, meant in the actuall dictionary sense as an equality of chances of looting and crafting, finding the schematics and learning to craft by spending perk points to get a specific item. I want to be able to think through, plan my gameplay and not just react to what RNG will throw me.

    Which brings me to the last quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You are one of those guys who (...) were uber powerful by day 30 from minimal grindy thoughtless activities.
    This bit, I think was designed to belittle my imaginary gamestyle. I've seen you use the same "argument" many times: players should move out, take risks loot, and thus gain items, not "sit on their asses". This line of thought, when used to previous alphas contains a build in fallacy. You see the players who players in A16 by sitting in their bases (if there were any – I do not know) were simply using the abilities and functionality of the game that you have provided. You put all those "grindy thoughtless activities" in there, so by describing them as such, you actually belittle yourself.


    I understand that you have changed your mind and want the players to play differently. But making large changes in the game, even in alpha stage, carries a certainty of hearing / reading disagreeing voices. A developer should be prepared for that and accept that not a 100% of players will like those changes. It simply is a fact of life. But instead of accepting that, you inform me that you have a 93% rating of Steam. Kudos for you, really. However that is a pure example of argumentum ad numerum – it means precisely nothing to me, and you should realize that since I've already told you that I just do not like this alpha.

    The last thing you failed to understand is that I do not want you to "piss of" anyone. I wrote clearly that those changes were something I want, and something I will put into my game. What is so hard to understand about that? Maybe I will like the changes you are planing, maybe not, time will tell, but I simply do not like this alpha so far. Your post has not changed that.
    Last edited by MarcusBrutus; 1 Minute Ago at 11:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •