Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156
Results 2,326 to 2,329 of 2329

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Some feedback after playing A18 every Friday night with my gaming group:

Praise
    1. Horde nights feel amazing compared to how they felt in the past. We had so many zombies spawned in attacking us at once it was intense, and while the game certainly ran worse than normal during the horde nights, it was a huge step up from the past. Still needs polish. But massive step forward. Haven't had so much fun with horde night... probably ever.
    2. Quantity of zombies in PoIs feels much better. Haven't noticed any silly clown cars yet in A18.
    3. Leveling speeds between miners, looters, etc. feels much better. (Miners still have the edge early game. But it flip flops later and becomes much slower than questers/looters. So it balances out imo.)
    4. A million other things. Seriously, this alpha is a huge success in my eyes.

Potential Improvements
    1. Biggest complaint across the board is that base stat level ups feel really bad. Particularly the higher rank ones where you might have to spend 8 or so levels getting a stat to 10 so you can pick up the final ranks of the skills that actually feel meaningful and interesting. Feels real bad knowing your next 8 level ups are basically meaningless.
    2. Cooking skill needs a look. We found so many food recipes in loot that I will be ignoring the cooking skill outright next time we restart. I got 4 ranks in it, and the farmer wound up doing all the cooking anyways with 0 ranks in the skill because it was just easier for him to take his harvest right to the cooking pot. And having the cooking skill doesn't actually DO anything if you know the recipes. Reduced cook time is useless. Make 1 more campfire and voila, you've doubled your cooking speed. Cooking skill should reduce the food poisoning chance of the food you've cooked at the very least.
    3. As the mining guy of the team, I found it silly that I needed to ask the Int guy to que up the iron bars, steel bars, etc. since they crafted way faster for him than for me. It was just really inconvenient. Let me craft that kind of stuff faster too. Would also be nice if I somehow improved the meltdown time of the raw resources in the forge.
    Last edited by Minandreas; 9 Hours Ago at 09:04 PM.

Tracker
    Military Stealth Boots are not on the trader or loot tables, can only be crafted and crafting is artificially capped at quality 5.

It is impossible to get Military Stealth Boots at Quality 6.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue View Post
    Military Stealth Boots are not on the trader or loot tables, can only be crafted and crafting is artificially capped at quality 5.

It is impossible to get Military Stealth Boots at Quality 6.
    Same for Fireman's Helmet. I reported both as bugs, got a reply dismissing the issue on the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Same for Fireman's Helmet. I reported both as bugs, got a reply dismissing the issue on the second one.
    Well its a tinted mining helmet so that should show how much they care about it