Page 180 of 184 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2755

Thread: Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Colony Founder
    Yeah I seen that place in the game but I am talking about other places in the game. Several POI's across the map.

Professional Camel puncher! - - Madmoles worst nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Do they. I've never visited the site in the game but I do remember seeing a pic of it, or maybe I seen it on Neebs Gaming...i cannot remember. anyways, then I did a little research to see if I could find navezgain in real life or at least an area that maybe its based off of. Looked at some sat images but I don't think navezgane is actually based on any real life area. Just stuff in arizona taken and thrown in the level. \_(ツ)_/

The only place thats in the game I was able to find in real life is those ancient ruins.
    iv never been to Arizona but from that pic it looks the same from in-game.

Colony Founder
    Well I have ridden through it on my way to Utah. I didn't see much though.

Zombie Hunter
    I've played the game without putting points on every attribute now, and I have one important balance conclusion:

The Intellect tree is significantly more important than any other tree. The lack of Better Barter locks you out of rare items on the trader; Daring Adventurer significantly reduce value of quest rewards; Advanced Engineering makes crafting much more expensive. Lack of Chemistry also makes crafting more expensive, but on a lower, more reasonable scale.

I've gone through three playthroughs, and every other attribute was excluded in at least one of them, and none of them had this much impact. Strength came second, though, because of mining.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    I've played the game without putting points on every attribute now, and I have one important balance conclusion:

The Intellect tree is significantly more important than any other tree. The lack of Better Barter locks you out of rare items on the trader; Daring Adventurer significantly reduce value of quest rewards; Advanced Engineering makes crafting much more expensive. Lack of Chemistry also makes crafting more expensive, but on a lower, more reasonable scale.

I've gone through three playthroughs, and every other attribute was excluded in at least one of them, and none of them had this much impact. Strength came second, though, because of mining.
    This.

I think having a new skill tree for 'general' skills is the best solution, better for SP and MP.

Ill tell localization to change the name of Intellect to General....

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I’ll tell localization to change the name of Intellect to General....
    But.........

Having "Intellect" makes me feel smart Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I’ll tell localization to change the name of Intellect to General....
    nope, needs a split, general wouldnt have weapon trees.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    nope, needs a split, general wouldnt have weapon trees.
    But 3 out of 4 players(*) use a turret as a side weapon, so the turret is the general "sidekick".

(*) Statistical average calculated from a sample size of 4

Difficulty: adventurer
    Time: 90 min days
    Horde Nights: Every 30 days

Nearing Day 60 on a private PVE server with about 6 others and have some more feedback (not necessarily new feedback)

1) Trader questing still seems alittle OP for the following combined reasons (early game)

- Better Barter Perk / Daring Adventurer
    - Unlimited Questing
    - Known issue with POI resetting (double looting)

Perhaps an easy small adjustment is to add a cooldown on POIs that have already been quested so they cant be repeat farmed within a short amount of time?

Perhaps also limit how much cash reserves a trader has every reset?
    Last edited by Laz Man; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Perhaps an easy small adjustment is to add a cooldown on POIs that have already been quested so they cant be repeat farmed within a short amount of time?
    We were talking about a feature to not give the same quest location back to back - even if that meant increasing the travel range - so that a greater variety of POI would be offered.
    Not Right Meow, but maybe. =)

Zombie Hunter
    Another feedback after three playthroughs:

Sledgehammers are way too common in loot, even steel ones, and so are knuckles. On the other end of the spectrum, machetes are incredibly rare. Hunting Rifles and Marksman Rifles are rather rare as well. That puts Perception and Agility at a disadvantage compared to Strength and Fortitude, when it comes to fighting.

Zombie Hunter
    Here's a few thoughts on things bothering me on guns and mods:

* You can put a silencer on a double barrel shotgun and on an m60, but not on a magnum.
    * Speedloaders are a thing, and the magnum could use it.
    * There's at least three mods exclusive to clubs, and none exclusive to the sledgehammer -- it even lost its exclusivity over the weighted head.
    * Gimme a mod that adds a blinking light to the spear, please?
    * Why isn't the machete a knife, when it comes to the night stalker bonus? It's the only attribute weapon to get singled out like this.
    * I'd also love a "tracer rounds" mod for automatic weapons. I suppose it would be more properly an ammo type, but, hey, it's a game.
    * The shotgun with slugs is armor piercing, does 50% more damage than the magnum, the shotgun holds more ammo, has a tuber extender, can have a silencer, and three other exclusive mods, whereas the magnum has no exclusive mods at all. Balance?
    * For that matter, pistols with magnum ammunition are a thing.
    * Grenade bundles?
    Last edited by dcsobral; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    We were talking about a feature to not give the same quest location back to back - even if that meant increasing the travel range - so that a greater variety of POI would be offered.
    Not Right Meow, but maybe. =)
    Sounds legit. Btw, not saying I don't enjoy doing quests and such but that it feels like it dwarves any other alternate activity in terms of time efficiency which is the name of the game...ala inbound horde nights.

The fine line of balance/fun is tricky here but I'm sure you guys will find it.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post

I've seen several youtubers saying "intellect tree is a must" and having played this game since A16, I can state that since A17 I have never ever put a single point into daring adventurer or charismatic nature. Sure you get benefits, but I dont think they are necessary. AT ALL.

I do agree with the better barter tho.

For the other perks, I think just removing the bonus from the perks would balance it out. I understand TFP wanna try to give some benefits to those who invest into the perks so they dont feel cheated later on, when you get schematics of stuff you already learned by perk. But I believe removing the bonuses would be a way to make intellect tree much less prioritizing.