Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grim's UAE BETA

Reconstructionist grimreefer24601's Avatar

Grim's UAE BETA

This thread is specifically for BETA releases of my Unity Asset Editor. Since we now have a tools thread I've decided to make a new thread for the BETA version specifically. This version is for testing only. By using this version you are agreeing to test this software out, knowing that it is a non finished version that will have bugs and cause errors. This BETA may add new features, but all parts should be considered experimental and should be used with caution. Do not count on anything working with the BETA version. You are helping me find bugs, and to make a better product.

For all those that try it I thank you, and appreciate your input on everything. I may not be able to fufill all your wishes, but I always keep them in mind.

I'm putting three links in this post because I can't edit it later. The posts will go in order of stability. BETA 1,2 and 3. 3 will be the most recent while the two previous will hold earlier versions. As of posting this not all versions are ready, so the links will contain defaults. Beta 3 will always contain the latest version.

Look in the posts to find information about what is added with each version.

BETA 1
    BETA 2
    BETA 3
    Last edited by grimreefer24601; 07-28-2014 at 02:11 AM.

This new Beta includes my "unnamed asset" fix, plus some other things I've forgotten while I was away. It does not yet include my bundle code because that has caused me some recent problems that may require a rework of UAE.

This is still highly experimental, and it is just for testing, however, some of you experiencing difficulties with unnamed assets may want to use this specifically for that purpose while using UAE v0.2 for stable mods.

I'm cracking away at getting you guys bundle access, and I thought I had it but I have memory overflows that prevent me from releasing it. I can import and export from bundles now, but with crashes, and strange UI errors. I'll keep going at it, but since I know at least a couple of modders are waiting for the "unnamed asset" fix I'm releasing this version to help them.

As always, let me know if you get any bugs, and as my first BETA in awhile, expect it to not work at all. My last few releases proved that.

Have fun, and let me know what you experience is.

Refugee
    Awesome. Will try it out. Looking forward to the bundle access.

ahhhh. I was gonna play tonight. Guess not. Thanks for the build!

I managed to get two seeds working in my mod but when I tried to add more I began to have issues again, though I am afraid to say for certain, because it could be my mistake. The initial importing error that added the extra DWORD at the beginning of the file is confirmed fixed for me.

Thanks for the release. Will be testing it out today ( if I get the time ) +1 as always.

Glad you guys are testing it for me. Make sure to let me know any bugs or errors or anything you find. Thanks.

Grim, does the mod installer handle newly created ( user ) added assets? or is it only for replacing existing assets?

Great to see you back at the grindstone Grim. Good things usually follow your releases!

The mod installer is still kind of defunct in v0.3. I haven't updated that portion yet.

@HAL: In my experiance, all hell breaks loose after I release because there are inevitably problems. We'll see, but having people test it helps me in so many ways. A lot of bugs, and errors I don't find until someone else uses it.

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    I've been using the BETA 3 for a while now without issue, but I don't mess with the mod installer function.

Refugee
    Hi, Just wondering how the bundle access is going and if any progress has been made? Keep up the good work

Thank you for making this tool, it is very useful. So far I have had no real problems with it.

Indeed, thanks so much. I've used it now to reset spawn times back up to 600 (300 in cities), as this is a significant ramp up in difficulty over 9.0, but not as taxing as 9.1. Again, thanks, looks like I'll have to play around with other values some more and see what I can tweak.

Hey Grim I'm back with the same Problem (model_10.xml)
    I try everything but I don't get it to work.

I only know now, It only doesn't work if you save "model_10.xml" with the Mod Creator.
    It only works if I save it with ".assets". But I'd like to get it as a Mod?
    Would you take a look on it?