Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Grim's UAE BETA

Hello Grim. I get in the data structure of the asset-files and think i knew a little bit now.
    So I tried to get the empty gasCan from Wsiegel into it.
    Thinking i make everything right except the "Word and DWord" settings in the Game Object. Tried for hours to get some Help from the
    mighty Google. But couldnt find anything that helped out. Could you please take a look at my files? Send you a PM with the link.
    Thanks

Survivor
    Hi Grim,
    Is it possible to create some kind of mapping, so we can add our own names for some of all these unnamed assets ?

Like if I would like to call type 0xFFFFFFE8 for ItemList, I could add 0xFFFFFFE8=ItemList or something like that to a file in the UAE dir.
    I hope you understand what I mean, I'm Danish, so English is not my Native language.

BR
    LCPL

Hello Grim

I'm wondering whether it is possible to import my own 3d models into the game using your tool or not. If so, is there any specific format I would want to use?

I'm using Blender, and wanted to create a custom rifle mod, using its own model in game.

Is there any way of doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gipothegip View Post
    Hello Grim

I'm wondering whether it is possible to import my own 3d models into the game using your tool or not. If so, is there any specific format I would want to use?

I'm using Blender, and wanted to create a custom rifle mod, using its own model in game.

Is there any way of doing this?

Hi, I get an Katana and an MG42 into the Game! But what ever I tried, could't get them as New Game Objects in (wich means with new Textures, Transforms, Mesh-Filters, Mesh-Renderers and Mesh's don't know if I miss something).
    I took given, not used or not necessary, Mesh's and Overwrite them. Here and there some things changed with an Hex-edt.

Hey there!

My UAE crashes when i try to switch to Hexadecimal.

Using Win7, i already tried the NodX.dll but it didnt work either.

Using UAE 3

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPL_Punishment View Post
    Hi Grim,
    Is it possible to create some kind of mapping, so we can add our own names for some of all these unnamed assets ?

Like if I would like to call type 0xFFFFFFE8 for ItemList, I could add 0xFFFFFFE8=ItemList or something like that to a file in the UAE dir.
    I hope you understand what I mean, I'm Danish, so English is not my Native language.

BR
    LCPL
    Sorted, you can make a plg file for this purpose.
    I better learn how to make a plugin.

Made some funny things!
    Thanks again Grimm.
    HK (1).jpgHK (23).jpgKatana.jpgMG.jpgMg2.jpg

Survivor
    YOU did it Pacco.. Nice MG42 i Love it.
    Could you post a tutorial or some details on how you succeeded in a different thread ?

Sorry my english is so bad. If I write a tutorial, I have to write a tutorial how to read the tutorial.

Why not make a vid whitout the voice and let some one else leurn from it and let then others make noob tutorial so your pro skils dont get lost

Im working on a big mod in every free second I got. if its ready and i got some time, i will make a tutorial for sure.

I happened to read somewhere that this tool may not work with U5...is that true? And if so, are you panning to update it for compatibility? I apologize if his has already been asked/answered. For many of us, our Mods would not be possible without it.

Reconstructionist grimreefer24601's Avatar
    I have not tried UAE with any Unity 5 games. By default it wont flip out just because of Unity 5, but it probably can't handle any change to the format in Unity 5. I've not even seen anything built with Unity 5 yet, so I don't know.

That said, I've been doing some work on UAE, but I've been much busier this winter than I usually am. Winter is usually my slow season, so I mod a lot, but this winter I'm so busy working that in my free time I usually just play games, not mod them. Well I mod a bit, I can't help it.

All I can say is I'll look into making my latest builds U5 compatible.

I'm not sure if Cities: Skylines was released with Unity 4 or 5 but I got a runtime error trying to open an asset file.