Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some videos regarding mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Goodbye Ava (cancer) I'm sorry ava. I think about you constantly.
    https://youtu.be/TfEjBMZ01Z8
    Hey, thanks for sharing. Prayers of healing and comfort ava and her family and friends. God bless.

Sorry, but overtly religious posts, even in Off-Topic, aren't generally an accepted thing here, as, along with politics, there's a small number of select topics that tend to always arouse a little too much passion. Therefore, I've locked this thread.

Late edit: Deprecated comment given the merger of various threads.
    Last edited by OzHawkeye; 1 Week Ago at 10:16 PM.

You Are Loved (suicide is never the answer)

You Are Loved
    https://youtu.be/RoN-0Nguy24

Song from a friend of mine "Please Stay Here" https://youtu.be/A0dT6NPORqM
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 1 Week Ago at 07:09 AM.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    All users share this sub-forum, so let's keep things tidy by grouping similar posts under one thread.

Ranger
    I was initially put off by the Please Die video because I thought this guy was treating a friend with anger and disgust rather than asking him to get help in a mental health program.

On the other side, I have been in many, many mental health programs since I was 14 and sometimes these programs are not really what they say they are and some of the people in these places concern themselves with feelings of apathy and their paychecks being more important than actually helping and this mistreatment can make things worse. There are 3 types of workers in the mental health facilities. 1) Psych Techs - they unlock doors, maintaining order and really not qualified for much more. RN's - They are the ones that deal with more medical and mental treatments and some are good people 3) the Psychiatrists and Psychologists - the Psychologists usually run group and individual therapy. The Psychiatrists are the guys that make all decisions about medication and advanced treatment and pretty much rule with an iron fist.

There are also: Physical and Occupational therapists and run activities such as groups that focus on socializing and special interests such as sports, music appreciation and sports.

There are 2 types of mental health facilities and I have been in them all: Locked facilities - these can be both criminal and serious risk patients and unlocked (almost outpatient) that will allow day and overnight passes as well as trips to the communities.

They are not all bad and I have met some really caring people in these places, but some people cannot be helped by just your own willpower or your friends and family thinking tough love will help. So I really hated this guy at first because he really does not know what he was talking about by yelling and disrespecting his friend, but then I did not watch the entire video either.

The second and last time I wanted to commit suicide was ironically in a mental hospital.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 1 Week Ago at 02:44 PM.

This thread is regarding mental health, to those posting here, the etiquette on these forums is the post should be on-topic to the thread - and within our rules about respecting other users. Please keep that in mind when posting here.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    CC had merged regular music videos in this thread, hence the posts...

- - - Updated - - -

Very confused what this thread is for ...

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    CC had merged regular music videos in this thread, hence the posts...

- - - Updated - - -

Very confused what this thread is for ...
    I've amended the thread title to more accurately reflect the post-merged thread content.

Where did my mental health related youtube links go?

Ranger
    Yeah this is pretty odd to be talking about and is such a non-popular-subject I doubt anyone will post anything

I just posted my reaction to the video that was here about a guy with depression that was kicking his own ass thinking that the depression is just a phase or something that needs a good pep talk or some tough love by calling himself a piece of crap to keep from commuting suicide. I do not think this is the greatest therapy for suicidal people but he sure kicked the habit this way, maybe it should be used more often, using insults and self hatred to battle depression instead of some of the conventional ways such as trying new activities, medication and maybe socializing with people in groups that are in the same situation.

Maybe when I was 15, when I was suicidal I should have attempted to step outside myself and call myself a worthless sack of garbage, nobody likes you and the world would be better off without you, this may have made me feel like living would be a better idea knowing all those terrible things, but instead I was hospitalized and was around some other kids like me and I got better.

My first time in the hospital I was 14 and I met my first girlfriend who was also 14 and tried to to commit suicide by overdosing on pills. All I did was throw a bottle through a window and I ended up with a cute girlfriend in the process, oh to be young again says the 52 year old. The second time in, I really wanted to kill myself and I felt so hopeless that an explanation of my heart and mental state would be impossible to explain, that time I did not meet a girl unfortunately, but I still liked the place (even though it was a locked facility) and I felt like I fit in with the other guys and man could I play volleyball and ping pong, only the staff could beat me in ping pong and I would damn near beg them to play with me. One of the three times at that facility, I for some reason could not breath and I asked the staff what to do and they said "go drink some water" I cannot breath and drinking water would have helped I guess, I don't know.

I just rambled on way too much I think. I must sound like I am bull****ing here but it is all true. Anyone want to know about my miserable 6 1/2 years in California State Hospitals, let me know I have some stories.

I guess the mods decided "Please Die" may have been a strange labeled thread to create, I mean "Please Die" does sound strange even to me, I guess that's why I clicked on it. In general if someone says "please die" they probably do not think very highly of you, and maybe, just maybe, they really dislike you a lot.
    Last edited by bobrpggamer; 1 Week Ago at 08:29 AM.