Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A18.1 b6 EXP Bug Reporting Thread

Scavenger
    Summary: not all graphics settings persist

Game Version: A18.1 b6
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440
    Video Settings: High/Custom (turned down AF)
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new game? No
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? Yes
    EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: if you set AF to Medium or High it only affects the current runtime, if you restart the game client the AF setting will correct show the setting which you chose but seems not to be effective.
    Because my performance difference is _significant_ between 8 or 16 AF and 4x, i see really fast that there is something wrong.

RESOLVE: change any graphic settings forward and back. (e.g. if you had af set to medium, set af to ultra, back to medium and apply) fps will increase to the level which you usually have with this graphics settings.

Refugee
    Where do things sit with this known issue?

-AMD 5k and 6k cards may have flashing triangles on the ground

I keep checking back to see if it drops off every new revision. just curious if i should stop checking for at least a couple months if its not a priority. Visually it makes thing unplayable for me, just too much static. would love to test more of the new features and provide feedback on things, but i cant force myself to look at this white noise.

Dev's are working hard to give older hardware some boosts and fixes. Please stay tuned for further updates. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo

Refugee
    Quick update. Same thing happent on 35 Night. 3 Glowing soldiers came and they never died. I had to make them lose my tracks after the end of horde night, around 04.20 If anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PeterpanG13 View Post
    Summary: Zombie soldiers don't die in 28 horde night

Platform: (PC )
    OS/Version: (Windows / )
    CPU Model: (Intel i5 3570)
    System Memory: ( 8 GB )
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 660 2 GB )
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1980 120hz
    Video Settings: Medium
    Game mode: SP
    Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC on or off?On

Bug Description:I was playing the 28 horde night when some soldiers came and didn't die like all the rest. I keep shooting them ,they were falling down and shortly after the were continuing like nothing happened!

Reproduce steps:
    1)I entered the game
    2)Horde night started
    3)After 2-3 hours in-game appeared the soldiers

Actual result:1) I was shooting the zombie soldiers at 28 horde night
    2)They keep falling down and then get up like nothing happened
    3)I kept hitting the with my M60 for 5-6 minutes and they didn't die

Expected result: (I expect them to die when i shoot them with the M60 100
    + bullets)

OUTPUT LOGS
    https://pastebin.com/ykbXWD7j
    RWG INFO
    https://pastebin.com/C8mDtrkr

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
    Spoiler: 

Thanks, that's what I assumed the setting does. But I stand by the bug report: for me at least, it does not seem to do what it is supposed to do. I'm on GS > 50, and I get something like 50-100 zombies during the horde (did not count). But only about 10 (probably 8) come at the same time. The rest come only after zombies are killed, so there is room for more. With the setting set to 64 zombies per player on a horde night, I expect all or most of the zombies to be alive simultaneously. Making for a fun experience But that does not happen. Can you test if it works for you? Maybe it is a Mac issue? I don't think the setting ever worked...

Please provide an output log and we'll take a look. Thanks! - Schwanz9000
    Thanks, here's the log. It seems that I got three groups of zombies, 84 per group, and that for some reason "max alive" is restricted to 20 zombies. If you use another restriction apart from the amount of zombies and the player setting (set to 64 max zombies alive), that would explain why there were not nearly 64 zombies alive at the same time even though there were much more zombies in the blood moon horde than that.

It seemed to be less than 20 alive, I have to say. But although the zombies had a clear route to me, maybe some of them were stuck whacking some wall so that less than half of the 20 were visible at the same time. The logs do show that I killed about as many zombies as spawned (6 less in fact, seems that there were six vultures that spawned and only one was killed – after the blood moon, because they could not get to me).

https://pastebin.com/Dg2KAAGc
    Last edited by Morrandir; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:15 PM.

Refugee

Got the local output log from player

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith_Of_Sin View Post
    Summary: Backside of a house resetted and player items disappeared

Spoiler: 
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    CPU Model: Nitrado Gameserver

Game mode: Nitrado Gameserver Survival Multiplayer

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? Yes
    EAC off

Bug Description:
    The Backside of the house "Working Stiff Tools" (ca. 692N 733E) resetted. A player on our server used the roof of this house as base only for the first days before building his own. The walls on the backside were broken, the containers was farmed. The last 3 days worked fine. Today she came online and the whole backside of the house was resetted, the wall was like new, the chests were packed up again and everything what she placed on the roof upper this area was disappeared! (forge, chests, zement mixer, ...)
    But only this area, not the full house, only the backside of this house was like resetted to original and the items on the roof were gone.
    She also got the console error "failed to read past end of stream" when she came online at the house, but i don´t know if this is the reason for this bug

We had this kind of bug on the last save too and thought our save is broken, so we started a new server again 3 days ago. (fully new installation and new world!)
    The last time it happened on a own built base on a island and suddenly the half house was gone with it´s items. It was not the same player as now.

Reproduce steps: Don´t know how to should reproduce

SCREENSHOTS
    No Screenshots avaiable because the bug can´t been screenshotet

OUTPUT LOGS
    No Server Output Logs since A18.

Can't really say what this is if you have mods installed. Why don't you have an output log? - Schwanz9000

I searched the Nitrado files and there are only: configstore_log.txt, connection_log.txt, connection_log_25902.txt, content_log.txt andstats_log.txt
    So i called nitrado and they said that there isnt a log for errors any more since A18.

I just got the local output log of the player wich had this issue, but its too big for here.

A18 has output logs. Nitrado doesn't have them setup correctly. Due to a change in Unity, the -logfile argument now requires an absolute path, otherwise no log is generated at all.
    It should look something like this.
    -logfile c:\nitrado\something\yourservernumber\log.txt - Schwanz9000

Im gonna tell Nitrado this, thank you!
    Last edited by Faith_Of_Sin; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:33 AM. Reason: Got the local output log from player

Refugee
    I have a output log but its too much text the forum says.

Instructions are on the top page.
    Please use paste bin for output logs.
    PASTE BIN
    Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

- Schwanz9000

Thank you, i didnt noticed that this is for that!
    I edited my 2 posts on the 5th page now with the output logs. This post can be deleted if you like. Thanks!
    Last edited by Faith_Of_Sin; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:43 AM.

Survivor
    hello, ive noticed several bugs from a17 that has carried over into a18.
    Spoiler: 

a) lcb decay: when a lcb decays it still has perma protection for other players online: even though it shows red and has decayd it still gives off ding noise and area is still protected.

b) players spawning on other players bedroll

c) players seeing other players bed on compass

Please fill out the proper bug reporting form. One bug per form please.
    A.) What are your LCB settings? A server log would be very helpful.
    B,C.)It would be helpful if you could provide repro steps, pictures, video, output logs or any other information. I've tried repro'ing the bedroll issue for several hours in our current experimental build without any luck. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:26 PM.

Refugee
    hi i am having a graphics problem which only seems to appear in any version above 17.4 which i presume to be this as noted
    "AMD 5k and 6k cards may have flashing triangles on the ground" ? ... but mine is AMD Radeon HD 7670M

i am also including 2 gifs i made uploaded onto imgur to show exactly what i am seeing in 17.4 which is fine no graphics glitches and the other with the graphics glitches

https://i.imgur.com/DHuYmWk.gifv
    https://i.imgur.com/uAOu6cD.gifv

any ideas on how to fix this?

kind regards

JJ

I had reported this in b5 right before b6 was released, but it doesn't look like it was acknowledged.

"Please forgive the lack of proper format, but this is an easy one.

The junk turret has an icon that was showing up on the top compass and on the map (like vehicles) when a18 dropped, but in the latest exp, (b4) it no longer shows up on either the compass or on the map.

There was also a range that it no longer showed up when it worked.

(As a request, when its being fixed, could that range limitation be removed? You pretty much always have your vehicle, but its pretty easy to forget you left your junk turret somewhere and have to go hunt it down again...lol!)

(Or maybe that can be added to one of the tiers or turrets syndrome?)"

As you can see, it was reported in both b4 and b5.
    Last edited by Gareee; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:49 AM.

Refugee
    does anyone know whether or not the god mode fly speed bug will be addressed in alpha 18? Ive posted about it on multiple occasions since alpha 17 but havent gotten any indication on whether or not it will ever be addressed. Its a crippling bug for some of us who like making content.

Yes. We are aware of the issue and it has been reported. In the meantime, you can use SHIFT + "yourgodmodekey" to speed around the map much faster than the old version. You could also use the automove command (see "help automove" for parameters).-Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielspoa View Post
    Summary: Molotovs don't last as long as they are said to

Pretty straightforward, start a game, throw the molotov, watch how long it lasts.

Yes, the particles on the ground only last about 6 seconds, but the buff applied to a zombie can last up to 16 seconds. Throw one at a nurse and she'll die in about 8 seconds. Throw one at a Radiated Wight and it will last the full 16 seconds. - Schwanz9000
    sorry to go back to this but, is this intended or a bug afterall? Like, when it says 16s duration I expect it to be the molotov fire and not the buff duration on each zombie. Am I the only one to think like this?

Either way thanks for clarifying that part

I am not going very in depth because devs should not have released 18a yet - it needs way more time to bake.

Bugs
    Players are making ludicrous xp
    RWG worlds chunk saves are acting up and essentially eating whole bases
    People are getting randomly kicked
    Something in math algorithm seems to be horribly broken affecting drops, vending machines, resources, config modifications, zombie spawns, damge, damge output, exp output, tps and fps
    Logging in issues and general disconnect - When I first tried vanilla server I actually forced to disable "LiteNetLib" and enable steam networking. Which in 17.4 was the opposite

Now I know you "FUNPIMPS" are a great company and the only reason I took the time to say anything is so that community leaders fix these game breaking issues asap but also because I care about the future of the game. I want you all to have a GOTY tag at some point for Zombie survivals. The other reason I am bringing this to your attention is because I know your not "bethesadic -(pathetic)" and care about your fanbase. Been here since 14.1 and I am not leaving - hope this feedback helps.

One last thing I both completely removed older versions and redid everything and I hosted the server on a 100% dedicated tower with proper port forwarding etc.

Good luck and may we all be funpimping

Ps headed back to 17.4 when bases don't magically poof XD

Quote Originally Posted by P3rf3ctVZer0 View Post
    I am not going very in depth because devs should not have released 18a yet - it needs way more time to bake.

Bugs
    Players are making ludicrous xp
    RWG worlds chunk saves are acting up and essentially eating whole bases
    People are getting randomly kicked
    Something in math algorithm seems to be horribly broken affecting drops, vending machines, resources, config modifications, zombie spawns, damge, damge output, exp output, tps and fps
    Logging in issues and general disconnect - When I first tried vanilla server I actually forced to disable "LiteNetLib" and enable steam networking. Which in 17.4 was the opposite

Now I know you "FUNPIMPS" are a great company and the only reason I took the time to say anything is so that community leaders fix these game breaking issues asap but also because I care about the future of the game. I want you all to have a GOTY tag at some point for Zombie survivals. The other reason I am bringing this to your attention is because I know your not "bethesadic -(pathetic)" and care about your fanbase. Been here since 14.1 and I am not leaving - hope this feedback helps.

One last thing I both completely removed older versions and redid everything and I hosted the server on a 100% dedicated tower with proper port forwarding etc.

Good luck and may we all be funpimping

Ps headed back to 17.4 when bases don't magically poof XD
    This is not the way of reporting bugs kid

QA Lead
    We have set A18.1 b7 to stable, please go here for reports.
    Expect A18.2 on EXP in a couple of days.