Thread: Forges causing massive stutter?

Refugee

Forges causing massive stutter?

Hello

When I play 7D2D my performance is usually fine UNLESS I turn on the forges. When I turn them on I get massive amounts of stutter no matter where I am and its extremely annoying. Worth noting is that my fps is still high when I turn on the forges (until my screen freezes).

Information:
    I have only tried this in a multiplayer world hosted by me, friends doesnt seem to experience stutter.

Is there a fix for this? I would appreciate it if someone from the The Fun Pimps could look into this because it is making it harder to enjoy this game!

Survivor
    try switching windows a few times, it helps me for unknot reason, stuttering is gone as soon as I switch few times.

Refugee
    Not really a good solution :/

Are you still having this issue in the current A18.1 B8 stable build?
    Are you running a local dedi and the client on the same machine or is it a hosted P2P game?
    Please upload your output logs to paste bin and we'll take a look.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by schwanz9000 View Post
    Are you still having this issue in the current A18.1 B8 stable build?
    Are you running a local dedi and the client on the same machine or is it a hosted P2P game?
    Please upload your output logs to paste bin and we'll take a look.
    Yes im still having the issue in the latest stable build.

https://pastebin.com/HC1yYL1C (if you are wondering I changed some settings to improve performance so dont mind me changing from full screen to windowed, etc..)

I am playing with 2 other friends and just hosting P2P (no dedicated server)

- - - Updated - - -

Also the stutter doesnt come immediately, takes about an hour for the stutter to come. Restarting fixes the stutter for another hour

Figured I'd add this, I didn't have an issue with forges causing FPS stutter until I had exactly > 20k clay in both forges. Turning them off resumes normalcy. I haven't tested if it stops if it's exactly 1 or more below 20k, but as soon as I had >20k clay in them, boy oh boy the stutters. being away from the chunk doesn't cause it, either.

Refugee
    I'm having the same problem.

After messing with forges, every 3 or 4 seconds it consistently stutters for ~500ms. FPS drops from 80-90 to 20ish, every 1/2s or so. It also doesn't start until I actually open the stations (forges, mixers, chem stations).

Is 7 forges and 7 cement mixers too many? What about 10-20k smelted mats in them?

Alt-tabbing doesn't help but I'm windowed, I'll try exclusive full-screen. So far it only goes away when I exit the world.

It's a self-hosted P2P with one other person, and they never experience it.

It's 6c/12t 4930k @ 4.2ghz, 32gb RAM, so not a 'toaster', yet..

[edit] NM: There is no exclusive full-screen, just borderless, so alt-tabbing doesn't help.

[edit2] Fixed: Going from P2P to dedicated got rid of hitching. Both dedi+client running on same box at same time.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-07-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Just wanted to say I've also noticed this issue in A18.3b3 - it's actually pretty bad, but I've not noticed it previously as I've now got a new base design that relies on a LOT of dart traps, so I'm producing somewhere in the realm of 24,000 darts, and in previous games didn't use the forges that much.

No matter what I do, both running a local server (P2P with friends connecting to my game), or in single player, when the forge is smelting 6000 scrap iron in each slot (crafting doesn't seem to matter), every 3 or 4 seconds you get a stutter. Took me ages to figure out what it was as I just didn't expect when I'm questing in a completely different chunk and just leaving my forges smelting that it could cause this. However turn my forges off and the stutter is gone.

It also seems to get progressively worse as the game is running as long as I keep on forging, no change in graphics settings or drivers etc help (as I didn't realise it was the forges for a while, I tried everything, rebooting, driver updates, bios changes, nvidia graphics settings, in game graphics settings, dropping resolution etc).

Confirmed and Reported. Thanks! Schwanz9000

Refugee
    Anyone find a fix for this? So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbsix View Post
    Anyone find a fix for this? So annoying.

Yup! Just gotta wait for A18.4.
    Schwanz9000

Refugee
    Ok, sweet. Great to hear!! Not to sound impatient or anything but when does 18.4 drop? Thanks Schwanz9000