Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A18.1 b8 hotfix bug report thread

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by zootal View Post
    Spoiler: 

Are you looking for logs of this? Most of the time my client will not shut down and I have to forcibly terminate. About 25% of time the game won't even start from Steam, either, and I have to run it from the console. IIRC A17 had the same problem, this is an old bug.

FWIW, my server has never once refused to shut down.

I can give you some logs if you are looking for them.

I rarely get the hang up with the game closing, but when I do, all I have to do is spam click the game and then windows will ask if I want to close it. This has been reported and the devs are working on it. Unfortunately the logs can't really showing us much with this one. Thanks for the offer! - Schwanz9000
    I'm running under Linux and it does the same thing. And yeah, the logs show nothing. When it tries to shutdown, it just stops responding and does not make any log entries out of the ordinary.

What I usually do on Linux is first start midnight commander, and from there run the 7D client. Then, when I need to close it, I just Ctrl-O in the console to get back to the midnight commander, and close midnight commander. Since the 7d client is now a child of MC, it shuts down nicely. Otherwise I have to go into htop and kill a dozen threads before it finally dies.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Scavenger

Angry Custom prefabs not appearing in RWG worlds

Summary: Custom prefabs not appearing in RWG worlds

Spoiler: 
    Game Version: A18.1 b8
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 (1903)
    CPU Model: Intel i7-7700K
    System Memory: 32 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 2080 8 GB
    Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440
    Video Settings: Ultra
    Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No (irrelevant as I'm creating a new world/save every time)
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Prefabs does not appear in RWG world (possibly prefab size related)

Reproduce steps:

1. Create a (big) prefab
    2. Edit rwgmixer.xml and include the prefab in i.e. the "wildernessGroup" prefab rule:
      Code:
      <prefab name="your_custom_prefab" min_count="1" max_count="3" prob="1" min_repeat_distance="1000" />
    3. Generate a new RWG world
    4. Observe that the prefab is not a part of the world

Actual result: Prefab does not appear in an RWG world.

Expected result: Prefab should appear in an RWG world.

OUTPUT LOGS
    Logs from generating a RWG world are "identical" wheter the prefab is added to rwgmixer.xml or not, so there are no information from the logs to be gathered.

RWG INFO
    It happens for all seeds, so the specific seeds are irrelevant.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

The prefab in question can be provided on demand (I don't want to post it publically).

When I created a small prefab (just some terrain and a few blocks) this DID appeared in an RWG world when I added the aforementioned XML to rwgmixer.xml.
    I then created a new (and quite larger) prefab. I changed the name of the prefab in rwgmixer.xml to match the new prefab name instead of the small one. This prefab did NOT appear in a new RWG world even though the XML was the same (except the name, which I obviously made certain had no typos).

I thought this originally had something to do with A17 prefabs loaded into A18, but seeing as I created a brand new prefab in A18, and that didn't load either, then incompatibility is ruled out.

hi, this is being looked at, but maybe i can help, can you pm me your prefab and i will see whats up - Twigg

PM sent - Muriel
    Last edited by Muriel; 11-15-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Animals don't show up on map or compass when using animal tracker some of the time.
    Spoiler: 

Game Version: (A18 b155 / A18.1 bxxx / etc) A18.1 b8
    Platform: (PC / Mac) PC
    OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac) Window 10 (up to date)
    CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc) NVidia GeForce RTX 2080
    System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc) 16GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc)
    Screen Resolution: (width and height) 1080p
    Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))
    Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on dedi, RWG or NAV) MP host

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) No
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes
    Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) No
    EAC on or off? on

Bug Description: Sometime when animals are sensed they don't show up on the map or compass. I have seen rabbits and dear but sometime it turns green and nothing is there. 3 out of 5 times animals did not show up on the map. I added animals in creative mode and they sensed everytime, chicken, rabbit, snake and dear.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs.
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    Once done click OK.
    There will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder containing the screenshot.

1) put 2 points into animal tracker
    2) move around and hide until the 20s green animal indicator shows animals are sensed. Look at map see if animals are there.
    3)

Actual result: No animals appear on the map.

Expected result: Animals should appear on the map

A18.1_2019-11-15_14-00-00.jpgA18.1_2019-11-15_14-00-00.jpg

OUTPUT LOGS
    https://pastebin.com/fzC7u0sH

RWG INFO
    If you generated your own RWG world, please provide the generationinfo.txt from its generated world folder, so we can reproduce this C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedW orlds\yourworld\GenerationInfo.txtA18.1_2019-11-15_14-00-00.jpgA18.1_2019-11-15_14-00-00.jpg

This should be fixed in a future update. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 04:24 AM. Reason: adding screen shot

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFleegman View Post
    Summary: Doors can't be interacted with and inventories become unresponsive after a few seconds. Items can't be picked up if they were dropped because of the inventory freezing while being moved.
    Spoiler: 
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    CPU Model: i7 7700HQ
    System Memory: 16 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: GTX 1050 ti 4GB
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Video Settings: Medium
    Game mode: Client on dedi, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new game? No
    Are you using any mods? Yes, this one https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/491
    EAC on

Bug Description: After logging in, doors can't be interacted with and inventories become unresponsive after a few seconds. Items can't be picked up if they were dropped because of the inventory freezing while being moved. Issue goes away if I leave our base either with god mode or by breaking a wall, or if I log in from outside of it, but not if I log in while standing on the open roof. There are no claim blocks inside, just bedrolls, and everything is unlocked. Issue cropped up after server was updated to a18.1 from a18.0

Reproduce steps: Make a house at the first screenshot's coords, log out, log in.

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs.
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    Once done click OK.
    There will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder containing the screenshot.

Attachment 30553

Attachment 30554

Actual result: unresponsive doors and inventories

Expected result: normal operation

log https://pastebin.com/R81gYLjC

generationinfo.txt

World Name: South Nifovu County
    Original Seed: seed1
    Data Export Time: 3 minutes 47 seconds
    Total Generation Time: 45 minutes 5 seconds
    Try removing that mod and see how it works out. We can't do much for you with mods installed. - Schwanz9000
    No change without the mod.

log
    https://pastebin.com/1PjHjXax

PM sent. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Refugee
    Possible bugs:

Spoiler: 
    -Forge smetling can sometimes causes fps to stutters. The fps problem disappeared when I (1) turn off the forge, (2) leave far away from the smelting forges. However, it continues to come back if I stand around the forges.
    We've seen reports of this, but don't have a solid repro yet. - Schwanz9000

-Vehicle duplicates.
    I drove my truck to go explore some poi.
    I died 1km away from my base. Hop on my motorcycle to get my stuff pick up.
    I put the motorcycle back into my inventory. Drove my truck back home. I saw my motorcycle located right infront of my base. (With more gas, than the motorcycle I have in my bag)
    So now I have 1 free motorcycle.
    It is a nice bug to have lol.
    You got lucky there! Did you log out at any time or any other details you can think of? - Schwanz9000

-character ragdoll when getting on or off vehicle. Not sure if it was intentional.
    I was running away from 20 zombies and trying to get on my truck to escape. The truck caused me to fall flat onto the ground and before i was able to get up, i got obliterated. While zombies were having their finest breakfast, the breakfast at heaven sure wasn't as great as I expected.
    If you parked on a hill, it's possible to push you down. Possible double tap of the e key maybe? - Schwanz9000

-zombies could squeeze through the door sometimes. I had a v3 door on horde night, and occasionally, one or two zombies could squeeze themselves through the door.
    This occurred when there are massive of zeds.
    Or maybe because i was using explosives, which blew them into the door. (The door was shut though)
    They "may" have fallen down and then the get up animation allowed them to pop on the other side. - Schwanz9000

-Truck refused to get repaired.
    My truck had 0 hp after a horde night. I was not sure what happened as I parked it away from my base.
    I used about 9 repair kits and my truck still had 0 hp.
    I picked up the truck, replaced it and use 1 repaired kit, and the hp went up to 100%.
    Will be fixed in a future update. - Schwanz9000

First. Please use the bug reporting form. One bug per report please. See notes above inside spoiler. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Refugee
    Spoiler: 
    Possible bugs:

-Forge smetling can sometimes causes fps to stutters. The fps problem disappeared when I (1) turn off the forge, (2) leave far away from the smelting forges. However, it continues to come back if I stand around the forges.
    We've seen reports of this, but don't have a solid repro yet. - Schwanz9000

-Vehicle duplicates.
    I drove my truck to go explore some poi.
    I died 1km away from my base. Hop on my motorcycle to get my stuff pick up.
    I put the motorcycle back into my inventory. Drove my truck back home. I saw my motorcycle located right infront of my base. (With more gas, than the motorcycle I have in my bag)
    So now I have 1 free motorcycle.
    It is a nice bug to have lol.
    You got lucky there! Did you log out at any time or any other details you can think of? - Schwanz9000

-character ragdoll when getting on or off vehicle. Not sure if it was intentional.
    I was running away from 20 zombies and trying to get on my truck to escape. The truck caused me to fall flat onto the ground and before i was able to get up, i got obliterated. While zombies were having their finest breakfast, the breakfast at heaven sure wasn't as great as I expected.
    If you parked on a hill, it's possible to push you down. Possible double tap of the e key maybe? - Schwanz9000

-zombies could squeeze through the door sometimes. I had a v3 door on horde night, and occasionally, one or two zombies could squeeze themselves through the door.
    This occurred when there are massive of zeds.
    Or maybe because i was using explosives, which blew them into the door. (The door was shut though)
    They "may" have fallen down and then the get up animation allowed them to pop on the other side. - Schwanz9000

-Truck refused to get repaired.
    My truck had 0 hp after a horde night. I was not sure what happened as I parked it away from my base.
    I used about 9 repair kits and my truck still had 0 hp.
    I picked up the truck, replaced it and use 1 repaired kit, and the hp went up to 100%.
    Will be fixed in a future update. - Schwanz9000

First. Please use the bug reporting form. One bug per report please. See notes above inside spoiler. - Schwanz9000

Sorry about that. I will make sure I use the bug reporting form next time.

-For the duplication problem, I did not log out and i couldnt think of any other reason.
    -I guess the landspace was not completely flat. I was spamming e like crazy.
    -Correct, the zombies that got blew up by grenades caused them to stood up in my base.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 01:42 PM.

continual crash to desktop.
    Spoiler: 
    random times, random events occuring when crash happens. no steps to reproduce.

output log
    https://pastebin.com/2Z7p0JeV

game not stopping when using exit from menu. have to end steam and force close 7DTD

Output log indicates that it is a GfxDevice issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card. You may also try lowering some of the video settings to see that helps. The Dev team is continuously improving video related issues to help older hardware. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Survivor
    Summary: New Mac graphics bug...
    Spoiler: 
    Game Version: (A18 b8)
    Platform: (MacBook Pro late 2018)
    OS/Version: (Mac Catalina latest)
    CPU Model: (Intel i7)
    System Memory: ( 16 GB )
    GPU Model and VRAM: (AMD Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB)
    Screen Resolution: (2880 x 1800, Retina)
    Video Settings: (Low, resolution 1280 x 800)
    Game mode: ( SP )

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC off

Bug Description: Screen is asynced all in horizontal lines of itself with red lines as if GPU works incorrectly

Reproduce steps: just run the game full screen it goes off right from the start ie logo screen.

Actual result: asynced flickering screen.
    IMG_5400.jpg

switching to window mode solves the issue but it is unplayable in 1280x800 resolution on retina it is way too tiny...
    while switching windows in full screen screen turn fine as if there is no glitch but as soon as you focus on the 7d2d it starts flickering again.
    using external monitor also han no problem, problem only occur with embedded Retina display.

After a little google searching I've found several articles about this issue happening with Mac's.
    Do you have any issues watching YouTube or Netflix in full screen mode?
    See this article for further details.
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...afari.2137450/

- Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-16-2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add more info

I had reported several times that the junk turrets location icons no longer show up on the compass or map to locate one that was placed and not picked up.

Spoiler: 
    Can someone confirm this bug is in the tracker? (I've not seen any comments on the report because of new version bug report threads and closed older threads.)

This is by design, please use the bug report form - Twigg
    Last edited by Hated; 11-22-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Refugee

macOS firewall request

Summary: macOS firewall request
    Spoiler: 

OS/Version: macOS 10.15.1
    Game mode: SP/MP host

EAC on

Bug Description: Every time I continue my SP savegame the macOS firewall asks me if I want to accept incoming traffic, despite the game is already listed as an allowed app.

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 17.46.32.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 17.55.13.jpg

Sent to the MAC team for evaluation. Thanks! - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-21-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Refugee
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by mdedmon View Post
    Same problem with MAC crashing. Refer to post: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...19#post1061319 Removing the EAC didn't make any difference. Game is still crashing with the b8 release.
    Same here. 7D2D quit unexpectedly. Happens randomly every 7-12 minutes.

OS/Version: macOS/10.15.1
    CPU Model: Intel i7 4770k
    System Memory: 32GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: AMD RX Vega64 (GB
    Screen Resolution: [email protected]
    Video Settings: low/medium
    Game mode: client on dedi

EAC on

Here are logs where the game crashed:
    https://pastebin.com/05JNrAYZ
    https://pastebin.com/na5AUMgd
    https://pastebin.com/MRPtvURf
    https://pastebin.com/xeZQGUnw
    https://pastebin.com/1mimWA0C
    https://pastebin.com/WKvVuL0x
    https://pastebin.com/0H2BR1db

To compare here is one where I ended the game:
    https://pastebin.com/N8E9Za4i
    https://pastebin.com/KsWD3YiV

As you can see in the logs, there are a lot of errors in the macOS release.
    I think most of them could be solved switching from OpenGL to Metal (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Metal.html), since Apple slowly deprecates OpenGL support.

This is a known issue that will be addressed at a later date. Thanks! - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-21-2019 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Added more logs

Survivor
    just checked YouTube and Netflix, nothing of a kind appears there...

Survivor
    Fix for MAC Retina Display tearing
    Spoiler: 
    schwanz9000
    Dear Developers, maybe it makes sense to separate Platform dependent bug threads?

Also found a resolution to problem with glittering screen on macOS Catalina previously posted by me. schwanz9000 thank you for sending me to Google
    So to get rid of glittering and artefacts on Retina Display you should do the following:
    1. Open Finder and navigate to /Users/{your_user_name}/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die
    2. Rightclick 7DaysToDie app and choose settings
    3. There locate the checkbox listed as Run in low resolution and check it.
    You're done!

Please add this as sticky for BugReport Threads or we should gather all these tweaks for Mac users in a separate sticky thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineJakob View Post
    Same here. 7D2D quit unexpectedly. Happens randomly every 7-12 minutes.

OS/Version: macOS/10.15.1
    CPU Model: Intel i7 4770k
    System Memory: 32GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: AMD RX Vega64 (GB
    Screen Resolution: [email protected]
    Video Settings: low/medium
    Game mode: client on dedi

EAC on

Here are logs where the game crashed:
    https://pastebin.com/05JNrAYZ
    https://pastebin.com/na5AUMgd
    https://pastebin.com/MRPtvURf

To compare here is one where I ended the game:
    https://pastebin.com/N8E9Za4i

As you can see in the logs, there are a lot of errors in the macOS release.
    I think most of them could be solved switching from OpenGL to Metal (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Metal.html), since Apple slowly deprecates OpenGL support.
    try running game with EAC switched to off had same trouble before.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 11-21-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Industrial & Opaque Business glass black texture

Spoiler: 
    OS/Version: Windows
    CPU Model: AMD FX 8300
    System Memory: 16 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb)
    Screen Resolution: (1680 x 1050)
    Video Settings: tried with all settings
    Game mode: Mp Host, Sp - RWG + NAV

Did you validate your files? No
    EAC on or off? irrelevant

Bug Description: Since Alpha 18.1 the Industrial & Orpaque Glass Blocks + Paint textures are just unnormal Black (they was blue before).
    This was reportet from every of my friends that played on my Server

A18.1_2019-11-17_20-27-37.jpg

Sorry but i cant repro this, what are your texture settings ? - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 11-18-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Refugee
    Summary: (a short description of the bug)

Game Version: ( A18.1 b6)
    Spoiler: 
    Platform: (PC)
    OS/Version: (Windows)
    CPU Model: (AMD Ryzen 7 2700x)
    System Memory: (32 GB)

BUG 1 (OCCURS ON BOTH mine and friends VIDCARDS)
    GPU Model and VRAM: (AMD RX 580 8 GB)
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1070 8GB)

BUG 2 (OCCURS ONLY ON nVidia)
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1070 8GB)

Screen Resolution: (1920 x 1080)
    Video Settings: (Medium)
    Game mode: (Client on dedi, RWG)

EAC on

Bug Description:

Bug 1: When placing SMG Auto turrets, causes forge and other entities to disappear. <See attached Screenshots>

Reproduce steps: Placed x4 SMG Auto turrets in basement of our POI, converted into a pillbox and causes Forge, Cement Mixers to ghost, and Signs to disappear.

Bug 2: Nvidia card holders are seeing trees in middle of POI's where AMD user is not. AMD cannot interact with tree, but nVidia user can chop it. 1 hit, and POI appears on screen for AMD user, and location where tree was now has holes where solid blocks used to be.

have you tested this in 18.1B8 ? with a shiny new game, also 1 bug per form please, they can get lost otherwise,There is a deco manager problem that is bieng sorted regarding trees etc - Twigg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Twigg; 11-18-2019 at 08:01 AM.