Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A18.1 b8 hotfix bug report thread

QA Lead

A18.1 b8 hotfix bug report thread

Good evening !

We released A18.1 b8 hotfix stable to public!

Find the A18.1 Release notes on our official website.

For feedback and balancing suggestions, please go to our feedback thread.

For ideas outside of balancing please visit our dev diary.

To potentially help with FPS problems:
    #1 lower game's texture quality
    #2 lower AF in driver settings or use "gfx af 0" ingame
    #3 lower game's screen resolution
    #4 lower texture filter settings

Fix for MAC Retina Display can be found here

Have fun and enjoy !

Hated

Here is what changed since A18.1 b7:

Fixes:
    • Player names causing FPS drop

Known Issues
    (regularly updated):

• RWG has some road issues
    • RWG may cause blurry textures right after it is generated. Restarting the game will fix this.
    • RWG world generation results may vary from PC to dedi
    • Large FPS drops may occur if texture streaming is “OFF”
    • Repairing item results in using hands and item
    • Buried Supplies Quest may fail when arriving at location
    • Taking aim with night vision goggles show like you don't have them turned on
    • Dropped time charges and molotovs are ARMED
    • Stealth goes to 100% when an ally/party member cuts down a tree
    • Game doesn’t shut down properly on PC and Linux after long play session
    • Trader Jen has a male voice
    • Killing with auger & chainsaw does not reward any XP
    • No sound effect when refueling auger and chainsaw
    • Placing solid blocks under burnt wood 4 makes it go invisible
    • Rapid fire with the bow can break its animation
    • Hunting rifle reload can go out of sync
    • Bike continues sprint speed without stamina
    • Zombies can push the player into the void if they fall on top of the player while in a 1 wide hole
    • Zombies can still dig while doing their pain animation
    • Missing water in POI’s
    • Boats collapse at docks_03 Haulwell Freight Co.
    • Crawlers can’t climb over bars, fences, or any other plate style blocks
    • Crawlers don’t try to hit blocks they can’t climb over
    • Crawlers can hit players on the other side of blocks
    • Leg dismembered zombies can jump up and start walking
    • Leg dismembered zombies that don’t start walking again have a weird climb animation
    • Drawbridge exploit
    • Vehicles placed underground exploit
    • Land claim block with infinite settings are not working properly
    • RWG y offset issues
    • Iron and steel spear lighting in the dark
    • High end AMD cards and poor FPS with ultra settings
    • Eyebrows don't change when creating a new character profilew
    • Junk turret kills can be hit again to receive double XP
    • Forge max crafting will only allow 80% of available smelted resources
    • Arrows will float after the block they are stuck in is destroyed
    • Zombie disabled vehicles will not explode
    • Zombie disabled vehicles will consume repair kits until picked up and put back down
    • Zombies can disable vehicles too fast
    • Switching from ADS to hands with number keys will result in stretched arms
    • No blur vision through scope
    • Linux mousewheel is inverted
    • Map markers are active on the whole screen and interact and work on the whole screen
    • Spears stuck in world, despawn when player dies and comes back also relogging
    • 5 or more turrets making reload sound
    • resourceLeadBundle lines are duped in localization.xml
    • sound of exploding arrow/bolt when paused
    • moldy bread not in chem station
    • treeJuniper4m is invisible
    • Silenced AK's first round is the only one muffled
    • AMD 5k and 6k cards may have flashing triangles on the ground
    • Low VRAM GPUs may experience low frame-rates
    • Mac reflections may cause color issues in general or brightness issues on movement
    • Mac: Stun/Bleed may cause overly strong screen effects, please lower intensity of stun/bleed/knockdown in buffs.xml until we can fix it
    • Mac: If you are crashing, please try to disable EAC
    • Linux machines with 8 GB RAM may crash on generating RWG worlds or loading into RWG games

BUG REPORTING FORM

Please use this form to report bugs. Testers will then respond. If the form is not used, we will assume you are just chatting to each other.

COPY BELOW THIS LINE

Summary: (a short description of the bug)

Game Version: (A18 b155 / A18.1 bxxx / etc)
    Platform: (PC / Mac)
    OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac)
    CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc)
    System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc)
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc)
    Screen Resolution: (width and height)
    Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))
    Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on dedi, RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)
    Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)
    EAC on or off?

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs.
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    Once done click OK.
    There will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder containing the screenshot.

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

SCREENSHOTS
    Please use the following for all screenshots:
    Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs.
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    Once done click OK.
    There will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder containing the screenshot.

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

PASTE BIN
    Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

OUTPUT LOGS
    Your output log files are in C /steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/ you will find a list of logs, the last one being the most recent.

RWG INFO
    If you generated your own RWG world, please provide the generationinfo.txt from its generated world folder, so we can reproduce this C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedW orlds\yourworld\GenerationInfo.txt
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:55 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    Link to the b7 to b8 patch notes, please?

Not much in there:
    Fixed: Player names causing FPS drop

Also added it to the original post for convenience!

-Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:14 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    Is it a known issue that maps generated by the server are widely different than maps generated by SP? I'm collecting data to submit a bug report, but it strikes me that this is the sort of thing that you are probably aware of.

Thank you, yes we are aware.
    GPU and CPU generated worlds differ quite a lot. Will double check known issues and add to them, in case I missed putting it on there before.

-Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:15 PM.

Refugee
    This reply is for Hated -
    Spoiler: 
    you locked the A18.1 b7 thread just as I was about to reply to you with the info you requested on my bug report in that thread (at link: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1061435 ):

I tried using your dbs report tool & screenshot-taking function to get screenshots into the game folder of all the skill trees, but it was a massive hassle and having the console up meant you couldn't see half the skill tree anyway because of the red error spam in the console. So I used Steam's screenshot function to get the screengrabs you wanted instead, which was a lot easier for me to get clean screenshots (I closed the console and took each screenshot in the brief second before the console popped back up again with the next error message) and also upload them all as a block.

Anyway you can find all my 7DTD screenshots on Steam at the link below - there are only 2 screenshots in my 7DTD Steam screenshot folder unconnected with this bug at time of writing - and I have captioned the 5 skill trees with each skill tree's name so that you can pick those out easily. You did not say if the skill trees included the perks as well (as some of those unlock recipes too), so I took screenshots of all my perk unlocks for you as well, and they are at this link too:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Malkry...iles&view=grid

While taking the last few screenshots I felt the client was lagging a bit - weirdly it does this even in solo play, which it shouldn't as no networking is involved in a solo game, but only when I am close to a Forge and Cement Mixer that are processing large amounts of cement and concrete - which I have been doing on both my SP game and the main MP game I have been playing, processing large amounts of concrete and concrete blocks for building with. It has been particularly bad since yesterday's A18.1 patch in particular - lots of hitching/lagging around the forge and cement mixer - and considerable UI lag when in the workshop screens for both of those pieces of equipment.

Accordingly I just struggled towards my cement mixer and forge (which are next to each other), turning off the console every second and inching forwards, intending to stop all my crafting jobs to try and stop the lag so that I could complete the screenshot task for you without further hassle (as even my steam screenshot key was lagging and not taking the screenshot until a second too late, after the error message console had flashed back up all the red error message text) and something very odd happened... the red error message spam stopped as soon as I stopped all the crafting jobs on the forge and the cement mixer.

Now I stopped the Forge jobs first (it was making Cement from Small Stones I had smelted) and then I immediately stopped all queued jobs in the Cement Mixer (it was making Concrete Mix from Crushed Sand, Small Stones and Cement, though it also had another job queued but not started to make Wet Concrete Blocks from Concrete Mix), and I did it so fast that only then did I realise that the red error message spam had completely stopped. So it was one of those two worktables and/or recipes that was causing the spam, so if it's a recipe causing the error as you say then it is either the Cement recipe on the Forge, or the Concrete Mix recipe on the Cement Mixer. I am fairly sure it took me more than a second to stop both jobs, so my gut instinct is that the Cement recipe was causing it, as I stopped that recipe from processing on the Forge first.

It may be because I have been processing such large quantities of Cement or Concrete (thousands of both, the past few days) that is causing both the lag and the error spam, or maybe an issue with the recipe in A18.1 is causing both - the weird thing is that it affected my single player game only, but not my multiplayer game where, if anything, I am processing even more cement/concrete than in my solo game (as in my solo game I am just upgrading and intending to build a fortified moat around an existing Fire House, while in my multiplayer game we're basically building a mega-project, fortifying an entire steep hill over 100m tall to be a fortress).

Anyway it looks like my SP game is playable again for now - just as well, as I don't know how to revert game branches or do the other things you suggested to start a new character in the same world - and tbh without my skills on my existing character I would have been in a mess anyway, as I wouldn't have the skills to progress with the partially built defences in my game just 2 days from a Blood Moon.

Do you want me to report again if the red error text spam returns and what triggers it? I fully intend to try making more cement and concrete so do you want me to follow repro steps and see if there is a certain amount of concrete/cement or a combination of things that causes the error spam?
    Thank you, you overwrote my reply once though I'll give this a testdrive and let you know what I find.
    -Hated

Sadly, so far i am unable to reproduce this at all, evne with an exact copy of book and skills learned.
    On the plus side you can play the game again, very happy to read that.
    If you happen to find a way to reproduce this using the cement mixer and forge, please do, I'll keep you informed, if i stumble over something on my end.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:11 PM. Reason: Adding detail

Refugee
    Bug Description: AK-47 with silencer only first couple of shots are silenced, after that its default
    Spoiler: 

Game Version: (A18.1 b8)
    Platform: (PC)
    OS/Version: (Windows)
    CPU Model: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700)
    System Memory: (32GB)
    GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia RTX2080Ti)
    Screen Resolution: (2560x180)
    Video Settings: (High)
    Game mode: (Client on dedicated Linux, RWG)

Did you wipe old saves? (No)
    Did you start a new game? (No)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC (On)

Bug Description: AK-47 with silencer only first couple of shots are silenced, after that its default
    https://youtu.be/A1eoqcRB9J0

Reproduce steps: Fix it xD

Thank you, I am unable follow the repro steps myself, but I could reproduce the issue and a ticket for this exists.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:14 PM.

Decaying animal remians block is not present on the creative menu
    This is due to it's creative mode tag. I'm sure there is some sort of reason for it being tagged that way. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:21 AM.

The update frequency is too fast. No experience at all. Can we do a little more to update this book, b4b5b6b7b8? Whether the next update can be B200

This is not a bug. PLEASE only report FULL bug reports here. Chat can be done in the A18 Dev Diary found here.
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...66#post1058366
    - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:03 AM.

"Game doesn’t shut down properly on PC and Linux after long play session"
    Spoiler: 

Can I get clarification if this is covered for servers as well? Still getting hang ups when the shutdown command is issued via the api. With my host, this triggers the server to reboot. The server never fully shuts down and has to be manually restarted each time.

Edit: Server running on Windows.

To clarify, this line is directed mostly at client side hang ups. Server side hang ups are also a known issue.

As always, please provide a FULL bug report and your output log. We cannot help you without it. Thanks! - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:29 AM.

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds4life View Post

Can I get clarification if this is covered for servers as well? Still getting hang ups when the shutdown command is issued via the api. With my host, this triggers the server to reboot. The server never fully shuts down and has to be manually restarted each time.

Close manually using Task Manager
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:24 AM.

Spoiler: 
    Server is hosted. Shouldn't need to have to force stop the server if a shutdown command has been executed.

Spoiler: 

The 7dtdserver should not be perfect. If it runs for a long time, it will occupy many threads and cause the server to get stuck. Remember that the community administrator said that the server should be started manually once every two hours

- - - Updated - - -

Server is hosted. Shouldn't need to have to force stop the server if a shutdown command has been executed.
    Managed server you can set automatic restart command

Spoiler: 
    I have tried every 3 and every 2 hours with no success. Alpha 17 I could get away with 6-8 hours and not have to worry.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:25 AM.

Spoiler: 
    I have tried every 3 and every 2 hours with no success. Alpha 17 I could get away with 6-8 hours and not have to worry.
    The most fluent 7DTDserver is a15.2. Later versions have questions
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:25 AM.

Survivor
    Spoiler: 
    hello

typing mem console command well shut down server : typing any garbage collector command does the same

ive tried the following commands:

mem
    bc-trash
    gc

*any command that calls the garbage collector shuts the server down.
    in a17 and prior builds mem worked fine only been having this problem in a18.

thanks

Tried mem command on my local dedi without issue. What is bc-trash and gc. They report back as unknown commands. Are you running mods or a server tool of some kind? - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:47 PM.

Colony Founder
    Summary: End Table Lamp Weird description

Spoiler: 
    Version: A18.1 b8 Stable
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 Professional Version 1903
    Game mode: all game modes

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC? On

Bug Description: End Table Lamp has a weird description, not sure if this is supposed to be this way.

Reproduce steps: Check End Table Lamp.

Log: N/A
    Dbs Screenshot:
    Youtube Summary: N/A

Hi am not finding anything strange with the description, Twigg

Edit: The description looks like its for creative menu. It just does not fit the rest of the game, I guess its just me. Thank you. -ZombieSurvivor

I put a ticket in for this since it is craftable by the player and shouldn't say it's from the Creative Menu. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:21 PM.