Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Solar Bank - How does one find in A18?

  1. #1
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Solar Bank - How does one find in A18?

    Hi,

    Really, just looking for a definitive answer. I hear they can only be bought at traders with some levels of better barter.
    I've just popped level 4 BB and I have found some cells at the trader now but no solar bank as of yet. Do I need level 5? Can you find them as quest rewards etc?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0
    A quick look through blocks.xml, loot.xml, quests.xml, and traders.xml, and afaict there is literally no way to harvest or find or get rewarded with a solar bank, they can be obtained only by purchasing them from one specific trader once you have level 5 of the barter perk.

  3. #3
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    the filthy south
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyrling View Post
    A quick look through blocks.xml, loot.xml, quests.xml, and traders.xml, and afaict there is literally no way to harvest or find or get rewarded with a solar bank, they can be obtained only by purchasing them from one specific trader once you have level 5 of the barter perk.
    That needs to be fixed, because that means if you are not an int build, then you will never get one.

  4. #4
    Colony Founder Scyris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,374
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyrling View Post
    A quick look through blocks.xml, loot.xml, quests.xml, and traders.xml, and afaict there is literally no way to harvest or find or get rewarded with a solar bank, they can be obtained only by purchasing them from one specific trader once you have level 5 of the barter perk.
    Ouch thats kinda harsh. Thats worse than the supercorn issue, where there is only 1 poi in the entire game in vanilla you can get the supercorn from to make seeds out of, whats worse is, its also the 5th rank perk for a perk line and it relys on a very rare poi in RWG to be of any value.

  5. #5
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyrling View Post
    A quick look through blocks.xml, loot.xml, quests.xml, and traders.xml, and afaict there is literally no way to harvest or find or get rewarded with a solar bank, they can be obtained only by purchasing them from one specific trader once you have level 5 of the barter perk.
    Ow. Thanks for looking. Man that's harsh.....so how do you know which trader it is?

  6. #6
    Colony Founder Scyris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,374
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou View Post
    That needs to be fixed, because that means if you are not an int build, then you will never get one.
    Its not like you need one, Generators use gas based on how much charge its actually using. I have one with 6 engines in it, and I use about 13 watts of power, I put 750 gas into it, and 2-3 game days later it was down to 738. Just have the traps on a seperate power line/switch line so you can shut them off when you do not need them, to save gas. Though I do guess solar power being completly free is a nice bonus, but its not nice enough to be worth wasting all those points in intel to get it.

  7. #7
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Its not like you need one, Generators use gas based on how much charge its actually using. I have one with 6 engines in it, and I use about 13 watts of power, I put 750 gas into it, and 2-3 game days later it was down to 738. Just have the traps on a seperate power line/switch line so you can shut them off when you do not need them, to save gas. Though I do guess solar power being completly free is a nice bonus, but its not nice enough to be worth wasting all those points in intel to get it.
    Yeh exactly the cost isn't proportionate to the reward. Level 3, max 4, should be the needed barter and they should be widely available but cost a lot. As you say using gennies in't much of a problem so the extreme difficulty of solar just makes them pointless.

  8. #8
    Zombie Hunter Marinxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    1
    Yup. Level 5 barter, you get them in special tab.

    And ye....you don't NEED them, but all the rest needs maintenance or refueling etc. So they are awesome. You run a bank with some cells, connect that to a battery bank, and that will run your defenses and lights and everything, and you never have to worry about changing batteries or refueling. Especially if you play online, when time pass while you are asleep or otherwise busy RL, you have that security that your base will be powered.

    If you play on real difficult settings, you can even use this setup to repair batteries to sell at increased value etc.
    Last edited by Marinxar; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:26 AM.

  9. #9
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    the filthy south
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Ouch thats kinda harsh. Thats worse than the supercorn issue, where there is only 1 poi in the entire game in vanilla you can get the supercorn from to make seeds out of, whats worse is, its also the 5th rank perk for a perk line and it relys on a very rare poi in RWG to be of any value.
    The insult/injury is that super corn is kinda useless. You just eat it and get food poisoning. Now if it had some recipes then it would be quite awesome. Like if it could be used to make an ethanol for gas suddenly maxing out living off the land becomes worth it. Like maybe have 5 supercorn in one recipe, and 100 regular for the other.

  10. #10
    Reconstructionist Beelzybub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    1
    Maybe they could make the solar bank and solar cells a possible quest reward for high tier quests.

  11. #11
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundy View Post
    Ow. Thanks for looking. Man that's harsh.....so how do you know which trader it is?
    Upon further research it looks like traders currently all use the same trader_id, so there's no actual distinction between them.
    This will probably change at some point, but for now it doesn't matter which trader you go to, just check out their secret stash once you have Barter5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •