View Poll Results: Do you throw away glass jars?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 31.86%
  • No

77 68.14%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: POLL: Do you throw away glass jars?

Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    Heh. Those jokes. Nice.

But seriously, you guys all keeping them, what do you leave behind for it? Or you all playing with big ass backpack mods?

I never struggle to have enough jars i can make in the forge. Usually i do one big pile of them like every 3 weeks. Not even an effort compared to leaving something behind far away from my base that i have to go back for.
    I have 5 chest (3-2) in the center of each town, 3 chest contain weapons, armor, tool, mods, read schematic, quest/treasure note, ~$100 clothing item, 1 chest for common resources like metals, electrical/mechanical parts, leather. ect, 1 for foods/water and medical stuff.

and I scrap the hell out of all the metals to save space (pipe, fishing lead, can .ect), only scrap brass if I really have too.

I drop it off after each poi, I can loot a whole town in a day (120 mins) if I cleared it once before. Then I made a few trips to bring back all the stuff to my base (once I get a jeep, I guess it can cut down to 1-2 trip), instead of making a trip after each poi. I might or might not be a hoarder.

I generally keep what I deem "common items" always on me, things included in such are: leather, cloth, glass jars, murky water, lead, iron, brass, wood, duct tape, mechanical parts, electrical parts, plastic, springs, short iron pipes. Generally stuff you can get very often when out looting stuff. The mech parts, elec parts, plastic, springs are more if I am planning to wrench anything, which I usually am.

I'm a bit of a klepto with wrenching things, if I see a chair, or computer, and a few other things I always wrench them, same for those blinds that give plastic, and those pallets that give plastic and paper, and the cobble stone and cement ones. The pallets other than the plastic/paper ones are depending if I need or not. Past a certan point in my base I no longer really need cobblestone so I start ignoring those pallets, always can use cement though. I do try to ignore said pallets till the point I got a tool that can 1 shot them, unless I despertly need the stuff, mostly cobble/cement very early game. The plastic ones I usually wait till I can 1 shot them with a good steel fireaxe, as I tend to find more paper than I need, and plastic I really only use for shotgun slugs.

Glass jars are the first thing I throw away when my backpack starts to fill up. This is one of the few mannerisms that I've kept doing since I started playing and haven't stopped ever since.

Depends on whether you can craft them easily or not. As long as without a forge or with only a single forge that is occupied by more pressing stuff: precious. Afterwards: garbage!

Colony Founder
    Ofc i am aware of scrapping. Still not enough room for loot to keep glas jars after i have a forge up. I literally never went low on glass jars once i had a forge. And if i need some inbetween @White-Gandalf iŽll just cue up like 20. Enough for a day. You just need a bit of sand for a full stack. Easily and fast done. Way more easy than travelling back because glass jars take up a spot. But well, personal preference really.

Nope. Always fill mine with murky water, as I will need more glue/duct tape at some point.

Zombie Hunter
    Just yesterday i collected empty glass jars from multiple left behind boxes on my way to our base back from the trader, because the glass jar supply in our base was nearly empty.