View Poll Results: Do you throw away glass jars?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 31.86%
  • No

77 68.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Do you throw away glass jars?

I selected "YES". HOWEVER.....only when looting/questing and bags are full with better stuff. If I'm in my base, the empty jars (from drinking) go into a box. 😂😂😂😂

Hunter
    one of my buddies hates it when i throw out jars, but I find there are more than i ever need. I don't even scrap them because I don't want broken glass anywhere in my Inv. In the beginning they are super important, but after a while, particularly if you live in a desert, it's just too easy to make more.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    You know you can craft a million jars at a forge right?
    Ok, so let me stop you right here. Yes you CAN craft a million jars in the forge, but the forge only crafts one thing, and it attracts Bell, bertha's loud and obnoxious skinny goth sister who invites her friends to your house. So you COULD make a million jars with your forge, OR you could make: rebar frames, bullet casings, bullet tips, buck shot, forged ingots, cement.

Considering the time and the heat risk involved, it is smarter to just save jars from loot.

I need glue and molotovs. I don't want to waste a forge doing jars. Seems wasteful to chuck them.

....of course, I have an actual cupboard full of real empty jars in my kitchen. They're so darn useful!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou View Post
    Ok, so let me stop you right here. Yes you CAN craft a million jars in the forge, but the forge only crafts one thing, and it attracts Bell, bertha's loud and obnoxious skinny goth sister who invites her friends to your house. So you COULD make a million jars with your forge, OR you could make: rebar frames, bullet casings, bullet tips, buck shot, forged ingots, cement.

Considering the time and the heat risk involved, it is smarter to just save jars from loot.
    agreed.

Edit: after hearing everyones feed back makes a lot of sense to keep them.
    see: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1062707

Survivor
    I may throw away some when I am out of inventory space but I try to keep as many as I can.

Tracker
    I tend to "smash" them, as I break the junk on POI floors to be quieter, so I end up with a stack of broken glass, so I just add used bottles to it as I go, turn it back to sand at home when the forge has a minute (or when I have a dedicated glass forge)

of course if I need space my "bag O glass" gets chucked sometimes...wish I could mod a blunderbuss to use glass shards as ammo XD would make a shotgun playthrough interesting if ammo could be like Blunderbuss ammo(normal)/Glass Shards(20% bleed chance a "pellet") and maybe Nails (the AP ammo for blunderbuss)
    Last edited by Synvastian; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:01 AM.

Yeet the bottles, #jartosser masterrace!

66e.jpg

But really, once I've looted / acquired 500+ bottles by day 3, I ignore them lol.

for the sake of the test.
    just removed the empty jars from the loot. Life has become much easier, thanks to this I manage to loot two more additionally houses a day. Huge time savings.

#nextleveljartosser.
    Last edited by custom_hero; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    Yeet the bottles, #jartosser masterrace!

66e.jpg

But really, once I've looted / acquired 500+ bottles by day 3, I ignore them lol.
    JarTosser.jpg
    ever feel like you put too much effort into a joke? :/
    Last edited by kuratowakiru; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuratowakiru View Post
    JarTosser.jpg
    What's a Jar Josser?.......awesome sketch! I😂😂😂

I hoard them like there's no tomorrow... you never know when you'll need 7.963 jars of (murky) water

- - - Updated - - -

JarTosser.jpg
    Also, lol

Colony Founder
    Heh. Those jokes. Nice.

But seriously, you guys all keeping them, what do you leave behind for it? Or you all playing with big ass backpack mods?

I never struggle to have enough jars i can make in the forge. Usually i do one big pile of them like every 3 weeks. Not even an effort compared to leaving something behind far away from my base that i have to go back for.

JarTosser.jpg
    Side note...we need a Russian hat added to the game....would be a great snow biome hat to go with the puffer coat..😂

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    Heh. Those jokes. Nice.

But seriously, you guys all keeping them, what do you leave behind for it? Or you all playing with big ass backpack mods?

I never struggle to have enough jars i can make in the forge. Usually i do one big pile of them like every 3 weeks. Not even an effort compared to leaving something behind far away from my base that i have to go back for.
    I scrap a lot of things. after a while if it is less than 200 dukes i don't hold on to it. in single player i have a crate that i am filling up with dukes because there is just not too much to buy. I have not even sold the gold, silver or cash i find either, so i probably could pay back the duke by now....