View Poll Results: Do you throw away glass jars?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 31.86%
  • No

    77 68.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: POLL: Do you throw away glass jars?

  1. #31
    Leader Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,264
    Rep Power
    1
    I selected "YES". HOWEVER.....only when looting/questing and bags are full with better stuff. If I'm in my base, the empty jars (from drinking) go into a box. 😂😂😂😂

  2. #32
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    0
    one of my buddies hates it when i throw out jars, but I find there are more than i ever need. I don't even scrap them because I don't want broken glass anywhere in my Inv. In the beginning they are super important, but after a while, particularly if you live in a desert, it's just too easy to make more.

  3. #33
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    the filthy south
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    You know you can craft a million jars at a forge right?
    Ok, so let me stop you right here. Yes you CAN craft a million jars in the forge, but the forge only crafts one thing, and it attracts Bell, bertha's loud and obnoxious skinny goth sister who invites her friends to your house. So you COULD make a million jars with your forge, OR you could make: rebar frames, bullet casings, bullet tips, buck shot, forged ingots, cement.

    Considering the time and the heat risk involved, it is smarter to just save jars from loot.

  4. #34
    Reconstructionist Feycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    1
    I need glue and molotovs. I don't want to waste a forge doing jars. Seems wasteful to chuck them.

    ....of course, I have an actual cupboard full of real empty jars in my kitchen. They're so darn useful!

  5. #35
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,420
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou View Post
    Ok, so let me stop you right here. Yes you CAN craft a million jars in the forge, but the forge only crafts one thing, and it attracts Bell, bertha's loud and obnoxious skinny goth sister who invites her friends to your house. So you COULD make a million jars with your forge, OR you could make: rebar frames, bullet casings, bullet tips, buck shot, forged ingots, cement.

    Considering the time and the heat risk involved, it is smarter to just save jars from loot.
    agreed.

    Edit: after hearing everyones feed back makes a lot of sense to keep them.
    see: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1062707

  6. #36
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    I may throw away some when I am out of inventory space but I try to keep as many as I can.

  7. #37
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Washington (not DC)
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    1
    I tend to "smash" them, as I break the junk on POI floors to be quieter, so I end up with a stack of broken glass, so I just add used bottles to it as I go, turn it back to sand at home when the forge has a minute (or when I have a dedicated glass forge)

    of course if I need space my "bag O glass" gets chucked sometimes...wish I could mod a blunderbuss to use glass shards as ammo XD would make a shotgun playthrough interesting if ammo could be like Blunderbuss ammo(normal)/Glass Shards(20% bleed chance a "pellet") and maybe Nails (the AP ammo for blunderbuss)
    Last edited by Synvastian; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:01 AM.

  8. #38
    Colony Founder Jugginator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    JarTosser HQ, TX
    Posts
    1,333
    Rep Power
    1
    Yeet the bottles, #jartosser masterrace!

    66e.jpg

    But really, once I've looted / acquired 500+ bottles by day 3, I ignore them lol.

  9. #39
    Hunter custom_hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Astana, Kazakhland
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    for the sake of the test.
    just removed the empty jars from the loot. Life has become much easier, thanks to this I manage to loot two more additionally houses a day. Huge time savings.

    #nextleveljartosser.
    Last edited by custom_hero; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:13 PM.

  10. #40
    Survivor kuratowakiru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hunting JarTosser
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    Yeet the bottles, #jartosser masterrace!

    66e.jpg

    But really, once I've looted / acquired 500+ bottles by day 3, I ignore them lol.
    JarTosser.jpg
    ever feel like you put too much effort into a joke? :/
    Last edited by kuratowakiru; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:58 PM.

  11. #41
    Leader Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,264
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kuratowakiru View Post
    JarTosser.jpg
    ever feel like you put too much effort into a joke? :/
    What's a Jar Josser?.......awesome sketch! I😂😂😂

  12. #42
    Survivor eXSe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0
    I hoard them like there's no tomorrow... you never know when you'll need 7.963 jars of (murky) water

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kuratowakiru View Post
    JarTosser.jpg
    ever feel like you put too much effort into a joke? :/
    Also, lol

  13. #43
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    1
    Heh. Those jokes. Nice.

    But seriously, you guys all keeping them, what do you leave behind for it? Or you all playing with big ass backpack mods?

    I never struggle to have enough jars i can make in the forge. Usually i do one big pile of them like every 3 weeks. Not even an effort compared to leaving something behind far away from my base that i have to go back for.

  14. #44
    Leader Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,264
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kuratowakiru View Post
    JarTosser.jpg
    ever feel like you put too much effort into a joke? :/
    Side note...we need a Russian hat added to the game....would be a great snow biome hat to go with the puffer coat..😂

  15. #45
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    the filthy south
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    Heh. Those jokes. Nice.

    But seriously, you guys all keeping them, what do you leave behind for it? Or you all playing with big ass backpack mods?

    I never struggle to have enough jars i can make in the forge. Usually i do one big pile of them like every 3 weeks. Not even an effort compared to leaving something behind far away from my base that i have to go back for.
    I scrap a lot of things. after a while if it is less than 200 dukes i don't hold on to it. in single player i have a crate that i am filling up with dukes because there is just not too much to buy. I have not even sold the gold, silver or cash i find either, so i probably could pay back the duke by now....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •