Thread: Cannot Spend Skill Points

Refugee

Cannot Spend Skill Points

I mistakenly posted my issue in another section of the Forums. Another Forum member was trying to assist me but I thought maybe posting here would get more help since I can't seem to get my original post moved. (idk where to click to report it, couldn't find anything)

I have deleted all files of 7dtd from my PC and done a completely fresh install. However, I continue to have the problem that even though I have 8 skill points to spend, I can't do it. Every perk I click on, that clearly shows the "shopping cart" icon, does nothing. Nothing happens. No error, no information.
    The other forum member suggested the help link for sharing logs, however my log is so freakin big, it's even too much for Pastebin. That aside, I did notice that one line was repeated in my output log, over and over upwards of at least 100+ times.

This line does not change at all, the exact same words and numbers are repeated.

"(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\GfxDevice\opengl es\DeviceStateGLES.cpp Line: 72)

OpenGL Error: Invalid texture unit!"

As I said, no part of this changes as it is repeated over and over in the log.

Some background: I did change the renderer in the Launcher from Direct X to Open GL. I did this because I was having issues with the game freezing and locking up my entire PC after barely 10 minutes of play. This is the ONLY game that was doing this to my PC. Some Google searching led me to suggest this change because I'm using AMD and not Nvidia. With this change, the freezing has stopped entirely and I can play through the game just fine, albeit except the issue mentioned above.

Could you post your output log to paste bin so we can take a look?-Schwanz9000

Quote Originally Posted by Allelya View Post
    my log is so freakin big, it's even too much for Pastebin.
    The game creates a new log file each time you start it. Maybe just start a game, try to spend
    a skill point, then stop the game. That should get you a small enough log file to upload to PasteBin.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Allelya View Post
    I mistakenly posted my issue in another section of the Forums. Another Forum member was trying to assist me but I thought maybe posting here would get more help since I can't seem to get my original post moved. (idk where to click to report it, couldn't find anything)

I have deleted all files of 7dtd from my PC and done a completely fresh install. However, I continue to have the problem that even though I have 8 skill points to spend, I can't do it. Every perk I click on, that clearly shows the "shopping cart" icon, does nothing. Nothing happens. No error, no information.
    The other forum member suggested the help link for sharing logs, however my log is so freakin big, it's even too much for Pastebin. That aside, I did notice that one line was repeated in my output log, over and over upwards of at least 100+ times.

This line does not change at all, the exact same words and numbers are repeated.

"(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\GfxDevice\opengl es\DeviceStateGLES.cpp Line: 72)

OpenGL Error: Invalid texture unit!"

As I said, no part of this changes as it is repeated over and over in the log.

Some background: I did change the renderer in the Launcher from Direct X to Open GL. I did this because I was having issues with the game freezing and locking up my entire PC after barely 10 minutes of play. This is the ONLY game that was doing this to my PC. Some Google searching led me to suggest this change because I'm using AMD and not Nvidia. With this change, the freezing has stopped entirely and I can play through the game just fine, albeit except the issue mentioned above.
    I have the same problem on a SP game. Random gen. About day 13, Int is 8 unbuffed, 2 points available and I cant purchase Science hell yeah perks. I can get others, Turret syndrome is also locked out for me even though I should be able to start buying into it. There is a Cart icon, I click it but nothing happens. Its llike I have no points but I have 2 waiting.