Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum Moderators & Clean Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zer010 View Post
    This was "tongue in cheek" right?

The moderators here are some of the most bias moderators there are. I expect that is intentional, you want your mods to be bias toward the game and the devs otherwise who are they helping?
    You clearly haven't been around that much... We're not "fanboys", some of us have had major issues with the game and argued about it for quite a while, most notably the smooth terrain era. Our job isn't to try to promote the game or defend it, our job is simply to just maintain the peace in the forums which is exactly what we do, there's plenty of negative opinions and reviews of the game in the forums in which we didn't do anything about. Also, we always get consults when a situation appears where bias can occur... for example, when someone disrespects a mod, we get a second opinion on the action to take so that our actions aren't biased and vengeful.

In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    You clearly haven't been around that much... We're not "fanboys", some of us have had major issues with the game and argued about it for quite a while, most notably the smooth terrain era. Our job isn't to try to promote the game or defend it, our job is simply to just maintain the peace in the forums which is exactly what we do, there's plenty of negative opinions and reviews of the game in the forums in which we didn't do anything about. Also, we always get consults when a situation appears where bias can occur... for example, when someone disrespects a mod, we get a second opinion on the action to take so that our actions aren't biased and vengeful.
    I can totally back this up. The mods here are definitely not fanboys and, whether you're for the game or against it, if you break the rules badly enough, down will come the ban hammer. I have not seen an ounce of bias and I've spent a lot of time on here because I have no life Our mods are good people

Quote Originally Posted by LimeyRon View Post
    . I have not seen an ounce of bias and I've spent a lot of time on here because I have no life
    You're not the only one.

In The Festering, Disease-Ridden Bowels Of South-East London
    Quote Originally Posted by xiiMaRcLeoN View Post
    You're not the only one.
    Surely we have better things to do...

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by zer010 View Post
    This was "tongue in cheek" right?

The moderators here are some of the most bias moderators there are. I expect that is intentional, you want your mods to be bias toward the game and the devs otherwise who are they helping?
    You're joking or haven't been around long - look at the feedback page for madmole - you'll see negative rep from myself and Red Eagle - yeah, that's right - 2 mods gave negative rep to a TFP staff member. Biased? lol. I've voiced my opinion pretty strongly when I felt TFP was messing up. And I'm not the only one. Now this doesn't mean I will leave flames and insulting posts - you can be as critical as you want as long as it's constructive, polite and respectful. If it's not, then yeah - you will be censored. But that's not bias - that's just doing our job.

I'm nevuh gonna be a moderator.

I found the back of Fox's hand to be smooth, and silky. I often wondered what type of moisturizer he was using.

The really funny thing is, where I got back handed, unicorns and rainbows started showing up?
    (Sorry Fox couldn't resist, I had to tell someone)

But seriously trust me. They go after whom ever is causing a problem. For or against camp's get nuked quite equally.

Thanks to all the mods.

I enjoy these forums a lot! Couldn't imagine it without you guys. Although i would never be mod myself, i like to smoke too much and be lazy and just game until my brain becomes one with the game, I really do appreciate your work. Keep up the good fight.

Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthis View Post
    Can I inquire as to how one becomes said Moderator of these forums? I'm interesting in possibly applying if there is an application process.
    There is no application process. We look for individuals that help others and have a keen eye for making the forums a better place. We look for those that report issues / posts, but do not report posts simply because they don't like what was said, but for breaking the forum rules. Reputation via the reputation system is not looked at but having negative rep, does tend to persuade us to continue looking.

I can assure you mods are not fanboys. There are several posts where they disagree with portions of the games or rules, but they still enforce them. We ask they do it in a professional manner though which they do. Moderators are community moderators which means they are regular people that enjoy playing the game so of course there will be disagreements with the way things function. However, they disagree with them in a professional manner. We also look for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNation2012 View Post
    Who can we bring any possible appeals to if we feel something is out of the ordinary, or feel a moderator is incorrect in his or her decisions?
    Simply use the report post / pm feature, all staff get the notification along with moderators. If you feel reporting an issue could cause it to get worse, feel free to submit a support ticket and it will get looked at by staff only.

As for the editing of posts, there is a thread for that which I already replied. Please use that thread instead of this one.

Thanks!

So we have a "new" Mod? I'm saying "new" because Red always looked like a moderator to me, it's everywhere! (so Steam forums and now here).

Well, congrats for that, and good work. Also to other mods, Fox and LeastConcern (there's no one else, right?)

And nope, they're not fanboys, that's true xD
    Last edited by Katxalote; 08-11-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spe

Brains
    Yes, Red is new on the forums.

Also there is DocHussey who is QA / Support and does moderating as needed

Ups, yes, and he was posting at the dev's diary talking about moderation when i was posting that here. Sorry then and also good work to you.

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    Thanks for all those that gave congrats. Yeah, I was actually moderating on the Steam forums for a while before I was made a moderator here as well. In both instances I was rather surprised at the invite but I like the game enough to put the time in.

As for being a fanboy. Well, I am a fan of the game. One would have to like it to be willing to dedicate the time.

That being said I don't blindly agree with things the developers say or their decisions. Look through my posting history. I've voiced my disagreements on many occasions. I've no intention of letting moderator status change my ability to give my opinions. Rather the reverse, if it ever became a choice between giving my input and thoughts on various topics or being a moderator, then being a moderator will lose, every time.

Survivor
    I can't think of anyone who deserves this ( wait...deserves? isn't this really just more 'work'? haha ) but anyway, grats and thank you for the awesome insights you provide on modding. Someday I will try to delve deeper into that scope but for now I just wanna explore and keel zombies

BTW, is A9 still due this weekend?

We need mods to be spock. This forum, and the steam forums are filled with capt. kirks. That's all I can say without getting nailed to the wall.

Being a "troll" as a rule is too easy to abuse, and since you don't get any feedback on reports, They are free to do whatever they feel like.

That being said, this is a private board and no one has any rights here. Except moderators. tow the line, or park the boat. Those are your options.