Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Moderators & Clean Forums

Quote Originally Posted by xiiMaRcLeoN View Post
    I remember the time where weren't any mods here that was insane.
    Ya, so much chaos in so little amount of time, not having any mods didn't last long though, lol...

Don't think I have any infractions, and I know 98% of my posts are either meant for humor or for constructive feedback, so hopefully the 2% I've made otherwise that are harsh but fair criticism won't disqualify me.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthis View Post
    Don't think I have any infractions, and I know 98% of my posts are either meant for humor or for constructive feedback, so hopefully the 2% I've made otherwise that are harsh but fair criticism won't disqualify me.
    You also need to be unbiased to be a moderator.
    Last edited by EnableScope; 08-09-2014 at 12:39 AM. Reason: so your hatred of worms and use of debug mode abuse to fight the worm boss in game disqualifies you

Aye, moderating can be a chore at times, but needed. I sincerely appreciate those that do have the title and responsibility. I've moderated different forums dating back to 1998. The average joe's attitude has really gone sour since then, but overall it's a thankless job for the most part, but much needed.

It's comes down to healthy discussion be acceptable until it reaches an impasse. All hell can break loose within a post or two though... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    Yup, that and being level headed... never allow the emotions to get in the way (which is sometimes very difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by Brains View Post
    We have several Community Moderators that have been chosen to help us keep a clean forum and keep the peace. Any type of disrespect (foul language, threats, etc) towards them when receiving an infraction will not be tolerated. Community Moderators have full ban access and will not hesitate to use it should you break the forum rules.

TFP ask that you show them the same respect you would show us as they are doing a job we have tasked them with.

Who can we bring any possible appeals to if we feel something is out of the ordinary, or feel a moderator is incorrect in his or her decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNation2012 View Post
    Who can we bring any possible appeals to if we feel something is out of the ordinary, or feel a moderator is incorrect in his or her decisions?
    PM sent...

Survivor
    So when can we get this "Cant edit posts after 15 minutes" removed? That would cut down on people needing to make unneeded update posts when they release stuff.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgar View Post
    So when can we get this "Cant edit posts after 15 minutes" removed? That would cut down on people needing to make unneeded update posts when they release stuff.
    This feature actually prevents people from radically changing the subject and retains people's need to see the history of the conversation. For example I could make a thread and then one day totally update it in such a way that all the proceeding posts wouldn't make much sense.
    Last edited by EnableScope; 08-09-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: actually I changed my mind it is good to not be able to edit for preservation of history sake

Maybe it could be a reputation thing to obtain or given permission until it's abused type situation? It would be a HUGE benefit for us community modders/prefab makers. Updating the original post months down the line with continual updates would be magnificent instead of a giant thread with only replies from the original poster.

I've released a few updates to my prefabs to only have people still downloading my original because they won't even look at the last post of the thread to see the updated link(s).

Instead of highjacking this thread, we should create another for this... heh.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Warsaken View Post
    Maybe it could be a reputation thing to obtain or given permission until it's abused type situation? It would be a HUGE benefit for us community modders/prefab makers. Updating the original post months down the line with continual updates would be magnificent instead of a giant thread with only replies from the original poster.

I've released a few updates to my prefabs to only have people still downloading my original because they won't even look at the last post of the thread to see the updated link(s).

^^ This. I understand the reason why its used. Still should be allowed with certain things. Like modders. Shouldn't have to make 15 posts to update a prefab or tool. Should be allowed to edit original thread. I can understand not editing the title, but the body should be allowed.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthis View Post
    Can I inquire as to how one becomes said Moderator of these forums? I'm interesting in possibly applying if there is an application process.
    I don't think any of the current mods went through any application process. I was asked directly if I wanted to be a mod - I think Fox and Red Eagle were the same.

If your goal is to be a mod, I would recommend getting in the habit of reporting posts that you feel need moderating - that's the best way to get on the radar as someone who knows what's not appropriate and to demonstrate your willingness to help keep things clean. It also helps to be generally helpful when people ask questions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgar View Post
    Just report the post that you want changed / updated and ask one of us (mods) to make the changes for you. We don't mind as long as you are clear in your instructions about what needs to be changed.
    Last edited by LeastConcern; 08-09-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by EnableScope View Post
    This was "tongue in cheek" right?

The moderators here are some of the most bias moderators there are. I expect that is intentional, you want your mods to be bias toward the game and the devs otherwise who are they helping?

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaken View Post

How about just lifting it from the modding section of the forums? Modders need to self promote the work easier then the rest (and I am not a modder for here, I just dabble).

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    How about just lifting it from the modding section of the forums? Modders need to self promote the work easier then the rest (and I am not a modder for here, I just dabble).
    That isn't a bad idea, actually, Tin. Moderators/Devs, any way we could come up with a solution for this sort of thing short of us contacting one of you to make changes to original posts for the original posters?

It's the little things that will make our community grow, and this is but one more little thing! Even if it's just a trial period or something.