Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New forums, development, updates and other stuff

Believe it or not, I actually found out about the game then looked into it to see the kick starter just to find out I was I don't remember 30 40 min to late to donate so I just bought it real early instead to show my support. Keep up the good work Fun Pimps. P.S. I am glad you guys made the new forum since at the end of the last one I had serious problems commenting etc, now it works great.
    Last edited by JayzenFreeze; 11-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Refugee
    now I am wondering when the next update will come out..

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Raith View Post
    now I am wondering when the next update will come out..
    the fun pimps launched alpha 5 last night :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scroowd View Post
    the fun pimps launched alpha 5 last night :P
    I think he means the next one.

Refugee
    I'd just like to say thank you Pimps for making this game, I've spent a few days now playing with it and I am really excited for the new content to come.

gr8 news

I really enjoy the new forum. Although I feel a little bad that all previous posts we made are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto873 View Post
    I really enjoy the new forum. Although I feel a little bad that all previous posts we made are gone
    You can still see them here.

Refugee
    Hello Peeps and Pimps,
    As asked before, I am wondering if you have any sort of release schedule. I am loving the game and even running a server. There are some items in "Create" mode that I have not seen deployed yet and am anxious to see how they add to the game. Oh, another thing, do the Pimps take suggestions? One thing that would help me is to have items auto stack to the 64 max, when combining another stack, and leave the remainder floating on the mouse (i.e. stack of 50, second stack of 20, combined is a stack of 64 and floating 6). Just a thought from a hoarder, lol.

Refugee
    Like anyone that likes this game, I am looking forward to an update. That being said, I hope the developers take their time. I feel lucky to be able to play this game in the alpha stage. I realize there are issues, and am more that willing to deal with some... buginess? If that's a word.

It's not

I am more than willing to be patient. The game-play that is currently available is great. Intense!

Keep up the good work!

Refugee
    Im not sure where to post this otherwise.

I find the interface in general improvable. In-game i which i could have a options menu besides the quite button to for example lower the volume during night-time, change the sound in general or switch graphics. The interface for searching the servers is worth some improvements as well. Like it shouldn't refresh the search itself and filter options would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_the_sedate View Post
    Im not sure where to post this otherwise.

I find the interface in general improvable. In-game i which i could have a options menu besides the quite button to for example lower the volume during night-time, change the sound in general or switch graphics. The interface for searching the servers is worth some improvements as well. Like it shouldn't refresh the search itself and filter options would be great.
    My assumption for not seeing an options menu while in-game is that it prevents ppl from changing things that could possibly affect the stability of the game... like changing graphics settings. So by not giving us that option right now, it saves the devs from having to fix more glitches all the time. I'm sure they'll add it in later in development along with many other little things.

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    My assumption for not seeing an options menu while in-game is that it prevents ppl from changing things that could possibly affect the stability of the game... like changing graphics settings. So by not giving us that option right now, it saves the devs from having to fix more glitches all the time. I'm sure they'll add it in later in development along with many other little things.
    I think the reasoning is more to do with the initial code design and layout. Since the Multi-player and SP are really the same code. They haven't yet spent the time to iron out which functions and where should be paused locally but not paused at a server level. As such any "pause" function would cause some levels of issue remaining synchronized with servers (just guessing from peeks at the code). Once they've had a chance to revisit those code items (probably during optimization and/or when they choose to more secure the server/client relationship) I don't doubt they think about how to handle such functionality.

Refugee
    Hi Devs!!! I am currently the highest viewed streamer for 7 Days to Die on twitch.tv. I love the game and stream for close to 10 hours everyday. There are a lot of interested people out there that have yet to buy the game. I have so far given away 2 copies to 2 lucky followers in the past week. But as I was getting to, I have been streaming your game for about a month now and I average the largest viewerbase that the game has on twitch. I was wondering if you have any future testing that you would like me to stream. This would not only help you with testing out new things you are adding to the game but also allow people to see where the game is headed on a developmental standpoint. I would appreciate any type of response as I must go stream now. twitch.tv/darthemane

Brains
    Closing thread as these last few posts are off topic and the thread is old.