Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New forums, development, updates and other stuff

New forums, development, updates and other stuff

Now that the new forums are up, we're adding the Pimps Talk section back to the forums.

Here is an update from me about a few different things.

Forums\Communication:
    As many of you noticed, the old forum software became so buggy that many users couldn't even register. I wasn't even able to post from my account for the last several weeks. So some of these issues made it hard for some developers to show up on the forums for quick posts.

Thankfully we have new forums now that seem stable so quick posts by developers here and there are much more possible now.

Project Progress \ History:
    For newer people looking for a quick update on our progress so far:
    • We worked on a prototype of 7 Days to Die, eventually doing a Kickstarter campaign this past summer.
    • The campaign was successfull and we reached all stretch goals. The campaign ended mid-August.
    • We continued development through September, also dealing with occasional server issues related to rapid growth of the testing pool.
    • Released Alpha 1.1 during September.
    • We became the #1 game on Steam Greenlight in less than a month on the site, and were greenlit for sale on Steam.
    • We added some new people to the team along the way.
    • Through October we've settled back in to normal development habits, with less server\technical issues to distract us.
    • New forums are up, so new users can register and developers can post again.
    • Currently working on finishing up the Alpha 2 update for the public testing build.

The Pimps Talk Section:
    Now that the new forums are up, we've added this section to use for occasional updates or random bits of information posted by developers.

The game development process can be time consuming and there won't always be frequent news updates. However we'll try to use this area as we can to share small newsworthy things as we can that might be interesting to players, but not quite newsworthy enough for the announcements section.

Thanks for keeping in touch with the community.

Scavenger
    I know I'm not alone when I say the entire community is very grateful for this post. Love the game and I'm desperately hoping it doesn't die out like most of the other voxel based survival games I've been keeping my eye on.

Keep up the great work and keep the communication going.

Thanks.

I can't wait for 2.0. Crossbows anyone?

weren't you guys sued over something?, did that get settled?

Quote Originally Posted by spiceytacos View Post
    weren't you guys sued over something?, did that get settled?
    They weren't sued, they bought a model on the unity store there should have not been there and were asked by the owners to stop using it, its all been solved since it was just a matter of taking that model away. It was solved pretty quickly.

Its good to Murray again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stignos View Post
    They weren't sued, they bought a model on the unity store there should have not been there and were asked by the owners to stop using it, its all been solved since it was just a matter of taking that model away. It was solved pretty quickly.
    Was that also the reason they got banned of steam?

okay sounds like a who-ever put the model on the store was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkan View Post
    Was that also the reason they got banned of steam?
    Yep the company that owned the model told steam and had the banned until the issue was resolved, once they removed it they lifted the ban on steam... no biggie

Yep the company that owned the model told steam and had the banned until the issue was resolved, once they removed it they lifted the ban on steam... no biggie
    Didn't knew they would ban so fast for just a "stolen" model.
    But ooh well I'm happy its solved.

Yeah it was taken down until we got rid of the Clot Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Yeah it was taken down until we got rid of the Clot Zombie
    Alpha 2 removes it right? Surely steam will let you have it back on there when Alpha 2 is released?

The WarZ did a lot more intentional stuff and its still going on yet Valve doesn't seem to do anything.

Wait, theres an actual "The Fun Pimp", are you the collective consciousness of the pimps, or king of the pimps?

Quote Originally Posted by milton_71 View Post
    Alpha 2 removes it right? Surely steam will let you have it back on there when Alpha 2 is released?

The WarZ did a lot more intentional stuff and its still going on yet Valve doesn't seem to do anything.
    its already back on steam and wtf is that pimp thing? is that not just a trolling player?