Thread: Attirbute affecting these weapons?

Survivor

Attirbute affecting these weapons?

Do Fireaxe, Pick and Shovel gain bonus from STR?

Does Blunderbuss count as a shotgun and gain bonus from STR?

do M60, SMG, and AK-47 all count as machine guns and gain bonus from FORT?

Hunting Rifle and Sniper Rifle both gain bonus from PER?

Ranger
    Blunderbuss does count as a shotgun. M60 and Ak-47 count as machine guns. SMG is actually a handgun and benefits from Agi. Hunting and Marksman rifles are both PER. I'm not sure if Fireaxe, Pick, and Shovel actually gain a bonus to entity damage from any stats.

Survivor
    Secondary question: Will stun baton stun higher level zombies like ferals or irradiated?

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by daydark View Post
    Secondary question: Will stun baton stun higher level zombies like ferals or irradiated?
    Yep. Will stun them like any other zombie.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjustus548 View Post
    I'm not sure if Fireaxe, Pick, and Shovel actually gain a bonus to entity damage from any stats.
    Those gain a bonus to entity damage from miner69er (as well as block damage, though the entity damage boost is lower), but it is unclear whether or not they gain a bonus from the strength attribute to headshot damage and dismemberment chance.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    Those gain a bonus to entity damage from miner69er (as well as block damage, though the entity damage boost is lower), but it is unclear whether or not they gain a bonus from the strength attribute to headshot damage and dismemberment chance.
    It would be interesting to know the results if someone could test. I would but I don't know how.

- Does Fireaxe benefit from Strength headshot & dismemberment chance?
    - Does Fireaxe benefit from the Skull Crusher trait (description says 2 handed weapons, not just Sledge)
    - Does Fireaxe gain bonus entity damage from Miner 69'er?

If so, this could make Fireaxe a viable weapon. I'm trying to do something different than Sledge, Club, or Knuckles, and this could be it.
    Last edited by daydark; 1 Week Ago at 12:08 AM.

Tracker
    tools gain no STR benefit, just the miner 69er boost to damage (and have abysmal dismember chance, they are tools made for work not killing after all) but the fireaxe has a small leg up over the others with the Fireman's Almanac book set giving some great benefits

they have a xml tag as harvest tools only, not weapons so the bonuses from head smasher and various others don't apply (unlike bladed weapons which have a weapon AND tool tag....like knives and the steel knuckles {which can harvest bodies slowly but gain 100% of the harvested items})

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Synvastian View Post
    tools gain no STR benefit, just the miner 69er boost to damage (and have abysmal dismember chance, they are tools made for work not killing after all) but the fireaxe has a small leg up over the others with the Fireman's Almanac book set giving some great benefits

they have a xml tag as harvest tools only, not weapons so the bonuses from head smasher and various others don't apply (unlike bladed weapons which have a weapon AND tool tag....like knives and the steel knuckles {which can harvest bodies slowly but gain 100% of the harvested items})
    Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I am not sure about that... Those tools do not gain anything from perks, but XMLs have the Strength attribute assigned to them. So maybe?

Someone needs to make a test. I will be able later on.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Khulkhuum View Post
    I am not sure about that... Those tools do not gain anything from perks, but XMLs have the Strength attribute assigned to them. So maybe?

Someone needs to make a test. I will be able later on.
    I think those xmls are there just for identifying which tree the miner 69er perk comes from (a "tree" tag if you will)

Not really, as Miner 69'er has a seperate tag. Similarly, all other perks have seperate tags. I know, been checking the xmls a lot recently.

Survivor
    Interesting. I wonder if anyone would do any actual testing for this? I would but I don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by daydark View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if anyone would do any actual testing for this? I would but I don't know how.
    New Game > Navezgane or one of the PREGENs
    f1
    dm
    cm
    giveselfxp 10000 (repeat until enough for the test) (check help if I spelled it wrong)
    press u for creative menu to spawn in items, the axes most importantly
    numpad * to toggle enemy AI on/off
    F6 to choose a zombie to spawn

numpad 0 to see stats on the target if needed

Have fun

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by theFlu View Post
    New Game > Navezgane or one of the PREGENs
    f1
    dm
    cm
    giveselfxp 10000 (repeat until enough for the test) (check help if I spelled it wrong)
    press u for creative menu to spawn in items, the axes most importantly
    numpad * to toggle enemy AI on/off
    F6 to choose a zombie to spawn

numpad 0 to see stats on the target if needed

Have fun
    Hey thanks! I did some testing. Here are the results. I used an unmodded Iron Fireaxe quality 3 with 20 damage and 39 power attack damage. I spawned Zombie Darlenes with 125 HP for testing.

base
    left body 13
    right body 26
    left head 25
    right head 50

10 str
    left body 13
    right body 26
    left head 40 (60% increase)
    right head 75 (50% increase)

10 str + 5 miner 69er
    left body 18 (38% increase)
    right body 30 (15% increase)
    left head 53 (32% increase)
    right head 91 (21% increase)

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode
    no change

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode + 5 skull crusher
    no change

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode + 5 skull crusher +5 pummel pete
    no change

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode + 5 skull crusher +5 pummel pete + 10 agi
    no change

Conclusions
    - STR increases regular attack and power attack damage on zombies with Fireaxe (headshots only)
    - Miner 69'er increases regular attack and power attack damage on zombies for with Fireaxe (all hits)
    Last edited by daydark; 1 Week Ago at 02:44 AM.

Oo, nice. And a little surprising, I wasn't expecting STR to give anything for the Axe headshots. Cool