Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perpetual server disconnections

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Error: Assertion Failed: Using broadcast address on Mac OS X will fail, need to enumerate network interfaces

It's a Mac, and I can't find any info on this error. Do you have multiple network adapters? Maybe the client is attempting to use the wrong one.
    I have no network "adapters". I've been playing the game for a couple years without any problems. The problem started with version 18.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathis View Post
    I have no network "adapters". I've been playing the game for a couple years without any problems. The problem started with version 18.
    If you have no network adapters, you have no way to connect to the internet or local LAN. It's just another name for the interface. Maybe you have a Ethernet port, and wifi, and the client is attempting to access the incorrect adapter.

Refugee
    If you have no network adapters, you have no way to connect to the internet or local LAN. It's just another name for the interface. Maybe you have a Ethernet port, and wifi, and the client is attempting to access the incorrect adapter.
    Yeah, all Macs come with Ethernet, but I've never heard it called an "adapter".

It connects to the game just fine, but only stays connected for 5-15 minutes.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Mathis; 12-08-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Scavenger
    Error: Assertion Failed: Using broadcast address on Mac OS X will fail, need to enumerate network interfaces

Do you have multiple network adapters?
    In my case, no. My iMac is connected only with ethernet to the router. The application hard crashes almost like clockwork 20 minutes after you start the application. You can exit a game, and go back in as many times as you want, but it still crashes at the 20 min mark.

I noticed it happening on multiplayer after I turned on EAC. Happy to give the OSX team more information if they need it.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW my specs are:
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
    3.6 GHz Intel Core i9
    40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB