Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 2,011 to 2,016 of 2016

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I always hoped they would add mutant spiders, scorpions, and/or ants. But they went a different direction. I do like the vultures more than I ever liked the bees. Their shadow is my warning and it often freaks me out. But I can't count how many times seeing a shadow saved me at the last minute as well.
    yeah, it would have added more spice. Big ants would have been a nice little homage to the film "Them!(1954)".

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    It was off theme. Inspiration alone can't make them on theme... only additional enemies like that can. Lack of motif.
    It's like if van Gogh painted a solid yellow sun into Starry Night.
    It may have not ended up being so, but the start was there for it to be expanded upon. So yeah, it 'fit' part of the initial 'theme' of them wanting mutants at one point. It wasn't until people pitched a fit, because they didn't want them in a "Zombie" game. Hell, the game originally called the current "zombies", "infected", in the beginning.
    Don't worry, the likelihood of them returning is next to nothing. you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    A lot of people hated the hornets and thought it was off theme. Maybe they too didn't realize it was a game inspired from Fallout with mutated stuff.
    I liked the hornets. I also donít care about realism in 7dtd. Itís only going to hold back this games potential to do some really crazy fun things. I like Junk turrets and the idea of the junk drone and the metal club/ mace. I think there should be mutants and wild characters that had gotten really screwed up in this post nuclear event. I would even like a explosive mine launcher. Donít keep all the cool crap on intelligence.

Its going to be a melee junk turret that smashes ♥♥♥♥ with a sledge hammer arm thing.
    Is it going to be on sledge hammer going to be on strength tree. I just down want every cool mechanical weapon to be put in the intellect tree.

Can the brass knuckles evolve into somethink like the hydraulic fists aka Static Striker from Killing Floor 2.

https://youtu.be/-dksnANoNLs?t=39

Its going to be a melee junk turret that smashes ♥♥♥♥ with a sledge hammer arm thing.
    It is about the right height to hit you in the junk, hence the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Ok, I see where this is going, I'll give you 10k cash and I'll change my steam review if you give me some info.
    Will you review me as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shin View Post
    Always??? It has taken you guys more than a few years to end up with this decision. Everything up to A16 showed something completely different than what you say here.. So either you changed your mind or you just wasnt good enough to make what you wanted before... Then again you change your mind about what is good more often than some people here change underwear.

In any case I'm not complaining, I've had more than my fair share of fun in the past. I'm sure you find new customers with your constant changes. Money talks.
    I change my underwear when a new Alpha drops.. That's normal, right?