Page 114 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3497

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Do they swing that gun around or just carry it?
    lol Good point. I retract my comparison.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    well. what would you do to change it? look wise
    Didnt see an issue with the original model tbh.

Just the game itself feels their rushing things to get the game gold rather then giving the detail to things like they use to before talk of going gold was even thought of. And well went from not worried bout gold and giving detail to need to go gold asap seems things are rushed. And now all of a sudden time between alphas are short and things being rushed in half assed
    Last edited by stallionsden; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:56 PM.

I Petition for stallionsden to take over weapon design so we may please his ego, and bow to his exceptional vision and expertise.
    Also this will give us someone new to $&%&$%^%^ at.

All in favor speak now.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketness View Post
    I Petition for stallionsden to take over weapon design so we may please his ego, and bow to his exceptional vision and expertise.

All in favor speak now.
    Lol pass but can point you to a few other modders who could 😁

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketness View Post

All in favor speak now.
    Agreed..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Didnt see an issue with the original model tbh. Just feels their rushing things to get the game gold rather then giving the detail to things like they use to before talk of going gold was even thought of. And well went from not worried bout gold and giving detail to need to go gold asap seems things are rushed. And now all of a sudden time between alphas are short and things being rushed in half assed
    I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think the new iron club is less creative than the old one. How could anyone honestly look at the new one and think "half-assed and rushed" after seeing the original one?

The fact that TFP is creating their own original assets rather than using ones you can buy in a store and can be seen in half a dozen other Unity games shows that they aren't trying to rush anything. Rushing and half-assing it would be to call it done by using canned art assets.

Also Joel just announced that gold wouldn't be coming in 2020. Seems they are taking their "rushing" at a pretty slow pace....

It's fine if you don't like the art style of the new club but saying that it is rushed or uncreative or half-assed especially compared to the original design is going too far in my opinion. It is surprising.
    Last edited by Roland; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:52 PM.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think the new iron club is less creative than the old one. How could anyone honestly look at the new one and think "half-assed and rushed" after seeing the original one?

The fact that TFP is creating their own original assets rather than using ones you can buy in a store and can be seen in half a dozen other Unity games shows that they aren't trying to rush anything. Rushing and half assing it would be to calle it done using canned art assets.

It's fine if you don't like the art style of the new club but saying that it is rushed or uncreative or half-assed especially compared to the original design is going too far in my opinion.
    I never said anything bout it not being creative i said it looked horrid.

That is all i saying bout the club is i dont like it. The half assed comment was bout the game in general. The shorter version cycles the lack of additions etc. But re reading what i wrote in that comment i see how it was taken by others bout it relating to the club.

Edit: fixed lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Agreed..... lol
    Lol shhhh you 😜
    Last edited by stallionsden; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:57 PM.

Tracker
    Hey, can we lighten up on the personal characterization?

My only problem with the new iron club is scale, I like the way it looks but I think its scale doesn't match the existing one. If it turns out this new club also has about half the reach but hits lots harder, well, okay then. That might even be interesting, wooden club = kinda long, but not a lot of hitting power; current iron club = a little longer and hits a bit harder, new iron club = it's pretty short, but it packs a real wallop; baseball bat = Goldilocks's dream, long and plenty of damage if you can land your headshots.

But I guess we'll see it in the game soon enough. Okay, not soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Edit: fixed lol
    Allegedly shorter alphas....show me the proof other than the developers stating that their goal is shorter alphas. Also as I said Joel even stated that Alpha/beta will continue through all of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by quyxkh View Post
    But I guess we'll see it in the game soon enough. Okay, not soon enough.
    too soon for some....apparently.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Allegedly shorter alphas....show me the proof other than the developers stating that their goal is shorter alphas. Also as I said Joel even stated that Alpha/beta will continue through all of 2020.
    Faatal also stated it as well. Weeks not months. And exactly alpha/beta. From what i see there is still a long way to go before beta. Rwg needs massive work. Water needs a major re work. Navezgane and the story need alot of work. End game is currently non existing and with all this work that is needed i dont think 2020 is near beta stage.

Bugs meh that is what beta is for so not considering that.

They just need to go all in on the fantasy theme. #BringBackTheLavaMan entity that never made it into the game.
    Not even joking or being sarcastic.

Banned
    Maybe this will help get an idea of the size. Lets assume that the handles are close to the same size then one should easily be able to visualize the size when comparing to the stone axe. That is if you have ever played this game and remember the size of the stone axe in your hands.

Spoiler: 
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:43 AM.

I agree with some people regarding the iron club being the last tier. No one would make a club like this when there’s a ton of bats laying around in houses. As far as the books go just put the perks on both the bat and the iron club.

On a side note I hope in the future when you get to tier 3 their will be a lot more weapons variations that are tier 3.

I would want to explore different weapons that are attached to the perks I have, instead of a linear weapon system that would make the past weapons obsolete.
    Last edited by Zombiepoptard; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:02 AM.

Refugee
    I feel like the few people complaining about the new club are the minority. According to my sample of myself, my kids, and my sister: 100% like it. So statistically someone is off! (source: math)

Also, unrelated question: Is there any chance in the future (A19 or later) that the passenger of the 4x4 will be able to shoot while the other drives? To me that would give a very strong reason to upgrade past motorcycles, but maybe that's just me.