Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

i hate CAMELS! - Professional Camel puncher!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Its part of the alpha process and part of some sloppy practices in the past. A lot of decisions were made quickly and hacked in as fast as possible just to prototype something. Then another system came on line the same way. Finally when we decided which systems felt polished and players liked the most, those systems were sort of the "gold standard" then the one offs that didn't match get removed or changed to feel like the whole game belongs together instead of having a frankenstien of systems/rules/consistency.
    oh cuz i remember back on the A18 diary

you were talking about removing Silver , gold and diamond ores from the game, and it made me with that (oh does that mean that they can only have said amount of items in the game???) Now idk why i thought of that. but then my PC pooped out and got a better one so until like a week ago i could not see what was up with the game. what was fixed added etc

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Sure, someone not having the issue doesn't mean it isn't there. I just wonder if people complaining about stuck vehicles don't even try to dig it out seriously because they think from past experiences that it doesn't work anyway.

If you show me the picture of a bike stuck in dirt that is floating above ground because you dug away every block possible and it still can't be moved, you proved me wrong.
    Think you missing the points. It isn't just about stuck/glitch vehicles or whatever you wish to call it are just one problem that you can't predict when it will happen. Other problems come from map layouts that you absolutely can't predict how rwg will do. So now we go into the matter of what the left hand people opinion on fun is VS the right hand people. So one side finds it that it be fun to come across that road that the vehicle can't climb so they wanna park and build a ramp to get up it that in some cases could be hours to do. Other option would be go around but as said we shouldn't be driving off road in wasteland that vehicles should be on road and you should need to be on foot. Then those mountains that the roads go straight up and so on and so on. Just because that hand of people feel you shouldn't be able to pick up vehicles. While the other hand don't find those things fun for something that don't add nothing to the game besides annoyance especially when you can do all this other stuff in game so what makes this one thing that would be so annoying be so far fetched?

Glad you find taking the option out to be fun nothing wrong with that and if the map layouts get 100% fix I can probably get on board to a degree and deal with the rare chances for the bugs that come and go. Until then (and I doubt it will be reliably solved) I can't. If it by chance does my only complaint would then be leaving my vehicle out for griefers on servers when I'm off line again annoying but that is a different subject.

Survivor
    Hey MM anything you can say on the addition of new vehicles? An old huey for example?

Also with every update lately, new prefabs have come, same for A19? Any chance we will get a few new loot pallet models, cash pile pallets and gold ingot pallets specifically? And hopefully large 3x3 vault doors?
    Last edited by Alexsanderr; 12-06-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    oh cuz i remember back on the A18 diary

you were talking about removing Silver , gold and diamond ores from the game, and it made me with that (oh does that mean that they can only have said amount of items in the game???) Now idk why i thought of that. but then my PC pooped out and got a better one so until like a week ago i could not see what was up with the game. what was fixed added etc
    Yes in some cases the tech changes, bugs or we were exceeding memory/poly budgets are discovered that lead to removal being the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    Then you have to add an adrenaline rush to the game)
    Of course, just so it can not be left.

I'm sure there are more really interesting things/effects to come up with with this.
    Last edited by n2n1; 12-06-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexsanderr View Post
    Hey MM anything you can say on the addition of new vehicles? An old huey for example?

Also with every update lately, new prefabs have come, same for A19? Any chance we will get a few new loot pallet models, cash pile pallets and gold ingot pallets specifically? And hopefully large 3x3 vault doors?
    POIs will continue to be upgraded or added. I think we are done adding new world model art for now. We're focusing on bandit modeling, upgrading trader art and zombie art as a lower priority.

Right now the roadmap I'm involved looks like this:

Dec: New books, Perk reduction (making many 5 rank non combat perks 3 ranks)
    New candy items for vending machines, which will reduce food some in vending. Candy boosts attributes and skills and is not food.
    Jan: Vehicle mods and crit system for vehicles and players.
    Feb: Legendary items.
    March: Testing/Balance.

That is just me specifically, other people are working on stuff, like DMS, POIs, quest improvements, new quest types, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Think you missing the points. It isn't just about stuck/glitch vehicles or whatever you wish to call it are just one problem that you can't predict when it will happen. Other problems come from map layouts that you absolutely can't predict how rwg will do. So now we go into the matter of what the left hand people opinion on fun is VS the right hand people. So one side finds it that it be fun to come across that road that the vehicle can't climb so they wanna park and build a ramp to get up it that in some cases could be hours to do. Other option would be go around but as said we shouldn't be driving off road in wasteland that vehicles should be on road and you should need to be on foot. Then those mountains that the roads go straight up and so on and so on. Just because that hand of people feel you shouldn't be able to pick up vehicles. While the other hand don't find those things fun for something that don't add nothing to the game besides annoyance especially when you can do all this other stuff in game so what makes this one thing that would be so annoying be so far fetched?

Glad you find taking the option out to be fun nothing wrong with that and if the map layouts get 100% fix I can probably get on board to a degree and deal with the rare chances for the bugs that come and go. Until then (and I doubt it will be reliably solved) I can't. If it by chance does my only complaint would then be leaving my vehicle out for griefers on servers when I'm off line again annoying but that is a different subject.
    At the moment I don't have any opinion on whether someone should be able to pick up vehicles. The only fact is that we still don't know whether there is A) an unsolvable bug, B) a bug that conveniently simulates stuck vehicles or C) the result of defining vehicle attributes in the physics engine resembles what happens if you drive off-road and land in a ditch, but may need some balancing or not.

Your argument just assumes A and postulates and makes demands from there. My personal observation is it is B or C and I'd like to know the facts before concluding for example that the voxel engine is unfixable.

And the story of whether RWG is able to make ultra-steep roads ultra-scarce or not is also not finished and vehicles can still be picked up. And in our present MP game I actually built a bridge to be able to drive straight to our trader. So I'm pretty calm about this

We don't have feet in fpv.
    Shame...I'd settle for uppercuts though...😂

Can we get a 4% chance of being electrocuted by the vending machine?
    Not being electrocuted would be a cool feeling, just before being poisoned by what we bought.
    You know : risk - risk - reward.

POIs will continue to be upgraded or added. I think we are done adding new world model art for now. We're focusing on bandit modeling, upgrading trader art and zombie art as a lower priority.

New candy items for vending machines, which will reduce food some in vending. Candy boosts attributes and skills and is not food.

That is just me specifically, other people are working on stuff, like DMS, POIs, quest improvements, new quest types, etc.
    Thanks for Sharing!!!! Sounds exciting! What is a DMS?

Added these to the first post:
    New super filling foods
    Gumbo Stew
    Shepard's Pie
    Spaghetti
    Tuna Fish Gravy on Toast

Survivor

Thanks for the response, all sounds good. I'll convince you guys of the gold and cash pallets someday! The vault door I have to believe yall will see it's greatness on your own lol. What's a DMS?

Survivor
    Added these to the first post:
    New super filling foods
    Gumbo Stew
    Shepard's Pie
    Spaghetti
    Tuna Fish Gravy on Toast
    Any recipes that utilize super corn?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexsanderr View Post
    Thanks for the response, all sounds good. I'll convince you guys of the gold and cash pallets someday! The vault door I have to believe yall will see it's greatness on your own lol. What's a DMS?
    Death management system? 😂😂😂

We can always go there if we need to. I have a devastating uppercut book we need to work out how to perform it.
    Will this be one of the finishing moves that was mentioned in the original Kickstarter video? I remember one that was described was if your club broke you could shove your broken club shards into the zombie's face. Not to mention since you hired the guy who made the first person animations for Doom 2016, we could get actual glory kills lol.