Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 1817

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

  1. #361
    Ranger Weazelsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    And yet I turned the XP gain down to 50% (and installed a modlet that gave me 2 perk points per level, of course), but it felt much too slow to me, to the point that I got bored and just deleted the save. Then again, I'm used to charging head-first into the levels, so maybe that's just me. :P

    But yeah, the transition between ferals and irradiateds... Is a bit sudden, imo? Then again, gotta make sure the new players see everything.
    I have to agree, but for me I handicap myself by choosing to play a on an mp server that is 5/6 difficulty.

  2. #362
    Reconstructionist Dimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    well what about weapons that were specially made for the wasteland like the junk turret

    granted i would rather uses a pistol then make a gun that has a high chance of blowing my hands off but some weapons that were made for different purposes

    like a Dart rifle that gives other uses for darts but would also be a nice stealth weapon with nice penetration

    a special shotgun that can uses both blunderbuss rounds and shotgun shells


    heck even some mods for the junker/junk turret

    like one to shoot arrow heads , bullet tips , glass , nails etc. one that has a chance to set enemies a blaze , a railgun like mod that has a slow firing rate but wrecks zombies! with a charged shot (much like a bow). and a air compressor that allows it to shoot faster?

    idk just a idea
    Yeah, the guns (except for hunting rifle and double barrel) in 7dtd have been developed for fighting humans, and a lot of the same logic that informed their design wouldn't apply to fighting zombies.

    Since zombies are tougher, raw stopping power and ammo efficiency is a lot more important. On the other hand they can't engage at long range, so stuff like weapon handling, long-range accuracy, and suppressing fire ability could be sacrificed. Portability is of no concern as long as I have the ability to fit a car in my backpack.

    I'm thinking once bandits come into play, the two weapon types could be balanced: modern weapons are good against bandits, and post-war weapons are good against zombies.

  3. #363
    Colony Founder Adam the Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Professional Camel puncher! -the Man that gives ideas
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy View Post
    Yeah, the guns (except for hunting rifle and double barrel) in 7dtd have been developed for fighting humans, and a lot of the same logic that informed their design wouldn't apply to fighting zombies.

    Since zombies are tougher, raw stopping power and ammo efficiency is a lot more important. On the other hand they can't engage at long range, so stuff like weapon handling, long-range accuracy, and suppressing fire ability could be sacrificed. Portability is of no concern as long as I have the ability to fit a car in my backpack.

    I'm thinking once bandits come into play, the two weapon types could be balanced: modern weapons are good against bandits, and post-war weapons are good against zombies.
    well i think the weapons should be both!

    maybe some mods for weapons like Strip clips: gives 4 extra shoots for the hunting rifle (no more no less)

    quad barrel and hunting barrel for double barrel and more i could come up with!


    but each weapon can have a specially like double barrel dose more raw damage but less range!

  4. #364
    Survivor White-Gandalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by -Holo- View Post
    Or have the weapons and items a larger range of quality, say from 1-600 and they degrade a bit permanently from repairing? (with added perks to reduce that penalty)
    Well: They deserve that sarcasm by every inch. "They" refers to both the user community as well as the funpimps.

    We had a perk system that was fun until A15/A16, and there was a good amount of people complaining about it being too grindy and too complicated. Then the funpimps scrapped it and replaced it with the current one. And for sure, you now have a good amount of players complaining about the current system being too easy, and while thinking about how to make it more difficult for the advanced players, landing at the exact same type we had in the good old times.

    They all deserve it.
    I need more popcorn!
    Fight!

  5. #365
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,790
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    I on the contrary - it is heavy to me work/running on a full stomach. I like to lie down after a meal.
    Perhaps that's why i have a misunderstanding of current system.

    Me easier run on an empty stomach, and it is difficult - if i have that the aching.
    Hmm....strange, i not such as all?
    Stop thinking of it as a literal food bar representing how much food is in your belly and instead think of it as energy from the calories. So you aren't running around full and bloated. You are running around totally energized by what you ate and you can eat enough to just barely give you the energy for full stamina or you can eat enough to remain highly energized for awhile before your stamina starts falling.

    The bar doesn't represent your stomach capacity. The bar represents your energy gained from eating.

  6. #366
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,716
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    That would be terrible. If you get in a pinch and go low health you won't be able to survive just because on top of being low health your stamina is reduced to nothing. Imagine bleeding too. It's already deadly and annoying enough, if on top of that every point you bleed also bled stamina...
    You are hurt bad and can't run or mine or work... that would be horrible.

  7. #367
    Colony Founder Adam the Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Professional Camel puncher! -the Man that gives ideas
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post

    The bar doesn't represent your stomach capacity. The bar represents your energy gained from eating.
    Proten!


    that's what that bar means!

    but zombies at night have infinite i guess must be a good diet there on?!
    Last edited by Adam the Waster; 12-05-2019 at 05:39 PM.

  8. #368
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,716
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Could this be the Alpha that we get to see bandits and other NPC's in the game?
    Not unless 19 has multiple updates. I'd like 19 to drop late Q1 of 2020, and 20 in summer of 2020, which could have melee bandits if things go well. Ranged ones might be harder and come Q3 or something. This is what I'd like, not what I'm promising, for those who love to misquote "promises I made".

  9. #369
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,716
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    I on the contrary - it is heavy to me work/running on a full stomach. I like to lie down after a meal.
    Perhaps that's why i have a misunderstanding of current system.

    Me easier run on an empty stomach, and it is difficult - if i have that the aching.
    Hmm....strange, i not such as all?
    That sounds like you are over eating. Of course you don't want to go for a jog right after a meal but it shouldn't be so heavy that you feel like a nap. Also high carb diets have this effect, you might consider eating less carbs and more fat and a moderate protien diet. I eat carbs for breakfast and the rest of the day hardly any. I have way more stable energy using protein and fat for energy. With carbs my energy is all over the place and cause sweating, hungry or energy crash 2 hours after a big meal etc.

  10. #370
    Colony Founder Adam the Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Professional Camel puncher! -the Man that gives ideas
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    That sounds like you are over eating. Of course you don't want to go for a jog right after a meal but it shouldn't be so heavy that you feel like a nap. Also high carb diets have this effect, you might consider eating less carbs and more fat and a moderate protien diet. I eat carbs for breakfast and the rest of the day hardly any. I have way more stable energy using protein and fat for energy. With carbs my energy is all over the place and cause sweating, hungry or energy crash 2 hours after a big meal etc.

    huh no wonder why i feel like crap after PT or doing exercise

    i guess i actually learned something today!


    Thx MM

  11. #371
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,716
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Any thoughts on decreasing the rate in which gamestage increases in the future? This isn't a request but just me speaking out of curiousity. Maybe it's because I am aggressive in leveling and thus my gamestage is usually higher than most, but imo it would be an "unnerving situation" to typically be fighting against ferals without a "decent weapon", since you're all proposing that the early game be stretched out. (My opinion of that? Yes please. ) Again, I have zero concerns and this post will probably have no weight, this is just one random thought that popped in my mind (finding decent weapons at later gamestages = possibly being unprepared until then, unless gamestage was tweaked slightly?).

    (Also, just my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, but the transition between ferals to radiateds is a bit... sudden, anyway? *Shrugs* Again, no complaints nonetheless. )
    We're rebalancing the loot table. GS of zeds spawning is basically ok because IMO gear is what makes the difference in an easy game and a bad game. It is possible it is too abrupt of a switch, the zombie spawing tables probably needs some refinement yet too, but the main thing is getting the loot pushed out some more.

  12. #372
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,544
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Gandalf View Post
    Well: They deserve that sarcasm by every inch. "They" refers to both the user community as well as the funpimps.

    We had a perk system that was fun until A15/A16, and there was a good amount of people complaining about it being too grindy and too complicated. Then the funpimps scrapped it and replaced it with the current one. And for sure, you now have a good amount of players complaining about the current system being too easy, and while thinking about how to make it more difficult for the advanced players, landing at the exact same type we had in the good old times.

    They all deserve it.
    I need more popcorn!
    Fight!
    lol
    Spoiler: 

  13. #373
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You are hurt bad and can't run or mine or work... that would be horrible.
    I like this kind of action. The worst part of the game is the later stage where you're pretty much invincible. Surviving the first week with nothing but a stone axe is the most fun.

  14. #374
    Colony Founder Adam the Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Professional Camel puncher! -the Man that gives ideas
    Posts
    1,817
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Usimian View Post
    I like this kind of action. The worst part of the game is the later stage where you're pretty much invincible. Surviving the first week with nothing but a stone axe is the most fun.
    well that would suck for early people.



    but i think some special zombies would be a nice way to balance it out

    Take the demolisher, he its tanky strong and he will F your day up in two ways. Beating you head in or blowing up!

    maybe some zombies and do something like the effect. like a zombie with large claws that would tear you to bits?

  15. #375
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,544
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    That sounds like you are over eating. Of course you don't want to go for a jog right after a meal but it shouldn't be so heavy that you feel like a nap. Also high carb diets have this effect, you might consider eating less carbs and more fat and a moderate protien diet. I eat carbs for breakfast and the rest of the day hardly any. I have way more stable energy using protein and fat for energy. With carbs my energy is all over the place and cause sweating, hungry or energy crash 2 hours after a big meal etc.
    hmmmm... Lately I've been noticing that some nights my body feels over heated and it happens through out the day for no reason. I also noticed that after I eat a whole pizza I bought from the store that about a half hour to an hour later I get super tired and need an hour or two nap. What you say makes a lot of sense, it would explain a lot. I think its time I finally start researching healthy diets and how food and stuff is processed by the body.

    Whats weird, is now that I'm getting older, and listening to Joe Rogan, I'm starting to think about this type of stuff. I've been telling myself lately best I start taking care of my body now while I'm still in my early 30s. Something tells me if I don't I'll look back and regret not doing so.

    Have any advice, for a complete noob when it comes to healthy eating and exorcising, where to start out researching? A good starting point for researching I guess is what I'm asking for dieting or exorcising.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 12-05-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •