Page 94 of 213 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3186

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    A screen full of fog is not exactly the highlight of linear color space.

We are just happy it is starting to not look like garbage, since turning on linear color space made a lot of stuff dark/bright ugly. Once a bunch of tweaks are done, we can show actual pictures of the world.
    Well "garbage" might be a little harsh (if you dont mind me saying)... It was a good placeholder/future feature glimpse, for the early alphas, if you ask me .

Though optimizations does give one a little gold release hype
    Last edited by Menace312; 01-12-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Will the transparency of blocks for the security camera be fixed in Alpha 19? Now, if a block of bars stands in the way of the camera’s gaze, then all the blocks after the bars become transparent for it.

I forgot about this bug and on the last night of the horde I lost 6k darts, since the traps started working long before the right moment.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Over time will be adding more mods and making sure all have at least 4. The first two clubs are getting redone with all the club mods custom for them. The bat already supports everything afaik.
    The bat is my end game go to melee weapon. That said, I REALLY would love to hear the traditional baseball "charge" chord when you do a power hit kill.

I wouldn't.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by TSBX View Post
    I wouldn't.
    Maybe not every time, but make it super rare like dice does with some of their Easter egg reloads (occasionally on the m1 garand the characters thumb gets stuck in the action when the bolt closes) and make it a 3% chance. Has to be a headshot kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny rebo View Post
    Maybe not every time, but make it super rare like dice does with some of their Easter egg reloads (occasionally on the m1 garand the characters thumb gets stuck in the action when the bolt closes) and make it a 3% chance. Has to be a headshot kill.
    It might be "fun" for 16 year olds or adults the first couple times, but it's a super gamey "feature" and is better modded in than part of the base game, imo.

I like the random mis-reload idea, but it doesn't directly add a benefit to shooting or looting so...

Professional Camel puncher! - - Madmoles worst nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Over time will be adding more mods and making sure all have at least 4. The first two clubs are getting redone with all the club mods custom for them. The bat already supports everything afaik.
    i got a few... its a lot

ill use spoilers so i don't have to take 2/3 of the page so yeah.....

Spoiler: 

Bow sight: Just a reflex sight but on the side where you aim. (bow not crossbow)
    Bow Laser/flashlight

Crossbow Repeater mod: adds 4 extra Basic arrow shots (cant uses Fire or bomb arrows. only uses 1)
    and you pump it like a lever action Rifle/Shotgun

Hunting Rifle Strip Clip mod: just adds 4 extra shots and adds a reload like a KarK9k

Spear Trident mod: adds 2 extra Blades on the side and adds a Armor penetration

Curved Blade mod: Dose 2 times the Damage when sneaking and dose 1.5% Armor penetration

Cleaver Blade mod: Adds 2% more damage against limbs and increases Decapitation by 2%

Spear Pike Mod: Adds more Raw damage by 7 and adds power attack (but less damage then throw and removes Throw ability )

Stun Baton Barbed Brass wire mod: Adds bleed to stun baton like a barbed Club Stun baton

Rechargeable Battery: Charges Baton overtime and can get "over charged" and the over charged abillty dose more raw damage and Chains zombies together (max 5)

Stun baton Mace Mod: Adds a AP ability. (can't mix with some other mods)

Knuckles Lead lined Boxing Gloves mod: Adds a 10% Chance of a KO/ Knockdown

Knuckles Gauntlets Mod: Cross a Sledge with some Knuckles and BOOM! Adds Extra damage (note: im talking about that it built like a sledge hammer but its not as Good, Still kicks ass though) and Adds Bleed with Spiked!

Knuckles Bolts Mod: Adds AP damage and dose more "Head" damage

Sledge Axe-Hammer Mod: Cross a Heavy sledge hammer and a Battle axe and it sounds as deadly as it looks. Dose a lot of AP and a small chance of bleed

Sledge hammer Light Frame Mod: Lightens the weight of the hammer. lower stamina cost , lower damage , but increase Attack speed.

Sledge hammer Braced Cement mod: Adds a Very strong Stun ability , and dose Even more damage. but at a higher stamina Cost

Double barrel Shotgun Hunting barrel mod: Increase the barrel length, adds Much farther Range and Tighter spread

Quad barrel Shotgun mod: Just adds Two more shots

Junk turret Torch barrel Mod: Adds a 75% chance to set targets on fire

Junk turret Ammo Mixers: adds more ammo verity like. Glass , Arrow heads , Darts , and Nails all do special ability Glass dose bleed, Darts do Penetration etc. also adds like a drum mag. (cant uses both though)

Junk turret Gatling Mod: adds a Old faction Gatling barrel to it and can shoot really fast (with a Cool downs due to heat)

Last edited by Adam the Waster; 01-12-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    Well "garbage" might be a little harsh (if you dont mind me saying)... It was a good placeholder/future feature glimpse, for the early alphas, if you ask me .

Though optimizations does give one a little gold release hype
    I was talking about it looking like garbage when we turned on linear lighting, not before that.

Tiger by the tail?

I came across this today while working on some bandits and animals for vanilla: https://imgur.com/a/ofHR0qR?

This seems to indicate that TFP is thinking about players riding mountain Lions. That a planned thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    I came across this today while working on some bandits and animals for vanilla: https://imgur.com/a/ofHR0qR?

This seems to indicate that TFP is thinking about players riding mountain Lions. That a planned thing?
    LOL! That would be fun!

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by TSBX View Post
    It might be "fun" for 16 year olds or adults the first couple times, but it's a super gamey "feature" and is better modded in than part of the base game, imo.

I like the random mis-reload idea, but it doesn't directly add a benefit to shooting or looting so...
    Ok, so how about a 1 in 500 chance on a glancing blow for Bob Uecker voice to play and say “oooh just a bit outside”

Add 500 more zeros to the 500 and you’ve got yourself a deal!

im on board too if theres an option 'disable cheesy ♥♥♥♥e"

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanimal View Post
    And I love this game, you balance realism and fun really well. I'd say realism does matter, just not in every aspect of the game. A bike has more storage than a jeep, etc. Thought it might help you figure out how many slots to put in the junkbot, and so on. But ok, if the input isn't helpful at all then I'll just stop and wait to see what ends up in the game. Again I'm bound to like whatever it is anyway.
    Plausibility is a much better word than realism.
    Realism went out the window at the word "zombie".

Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post

That's for the lion-riding monkey cavalry.