Page 28 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Problem with diets are, there is NO universal diet.

Just about everyone's system is as unique as the person themselves. Your gut is a micro-biome that has grown according to your environment and history and ancestry etc. So you have to get either bloodwork done, which is expensive, or you can get in tune with your body. Add and remove stuff from your diet as you feel better/see energy improve etc.

Took me couple years now, but with cutting dairy and sugar, and eating more red meat, my body is happy as a chappy and I feel 10 years younger as well. Just the willingness to let go of things we love to eat, is really tough. I grew up on Milk and cheese ... So that was a tough one, but it stopped my heartburn immediately when I stopped consuming that. As a simple example.

As for in-game..fek, bring the pizza.. At least one place I can haz extra cheese on that bugger.

Professional Camel puncher! - Living on my Ship Drinking Grog
    @TFP staff!

i have a question?

when you guys remove stuff (like removing some stuff for other stuff)

is it because you guys have a limit of how many stuff you can have in game or something else???
    Last edited by Adam the Waster; 12-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    I played all of A18 and I think even A17 without one incident where I had to pick up a vehicle. I had very few incidents where I had to shovel out a vehicle. And that always worked, I just had to dig a wider circle around to avoid hitting the vehicle on occasion.
    Well good for you that you had near perfect experience when it comes to this. I and others not so much. It doesn't change the fact that it can't be reliable to take the option out. If you seem the maps I have played you understand. Drive down the road and boom the road shifted upwards like 8 blocks high. Oh but we should stay on roads in wasteland not be driving off road. Oh look mountain the road goes straight up can't even get the vehicle to angle right. Oh look this bug and that bug but no admin around when you are ect ect. To many issues to take this option out just because a few feel we shouldn't be able to pick a vehicle up but have no problem with all that stone and everything else you can carry on you. Sorry will be on the other side of the fence when it comes to this. Maybe I will get a big surprise if the issues can be fixed but still say voxel worlds are to unpredictable to take this option away.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    yeah a zombie game without alot a zombies is not fun!
    Yeh lol people be a bit confused as well lol... hmmmm a zombie game with no zombies haha oh look a z.... nope just a bandit haha

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Yeh lol people be a bit confused as well lol... hmmmm a zombie game with no zombies haha oh look a z.... nope just a bandit haha
    bandits should also be a worry. but
    with the more special zombies they are more so

however maybe there could be bandit/whiteriver zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Now this sounds exciting! 😎 Uppercut then followed by a round house kick ala chuck Norris / Matrix?

https://youtu.be/XmNexlwBfDw
    We don't have feet in fpv.

Quote Originally Posted by SirScuttles View Post
    Can we have a thrown spear be replaced with a another from your inventory, it is really inconvenient to have multiple spears in my toolbar, just so I don't have to battle the UI and the zombies at the same time
    We want to improve belt slot memory handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkenhoff View Post
    So with critical damage I have to land it safe and sound next to Shamway just to nerdpole my way up.
    And then after you deal with the auto turrets/bosses only get 1/3 the loot because I think they are going to spread it over multiple locations.

What happened here!?!?!?!
    Saving a few potatoes one at a time. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Saving a few potatoes one at a time. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Yeah more High quality Goods!
    Last edited by Adam the Waster; 12-06-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    I played all of A18 and I think even A17 without one incident where I had to pick up a vehicle. I had very few incidents where I had to shovel out a vehicle. And that always worked, I just had to dig a wider circle around to avoid hitting the vehicle on occasion.
    Yes I only got stuck once. In nearly every situation you can drive really slow to get out of something. And shoveling a stuck car is realistic, so not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinxar View Post
    Problem with diets are, there is NO universal diet.

Just about everyone's system is as unique as the person themselves. Your gut is a micro-biome that has grown according to your environment and history and ancestry etc. So you have to get either bloodwork done, which is expensive, or you can get in tune with your body. Add and remove stuff from your diet as you feel better/see energy improve etc.

Took me couple years now, but with cutting dairy and sugar, and eating more red meat, my body is happy as a chappy and I feel 10 years younger as well. Just the willingness to let go of things we love to eat, is really tough. I grew up on Milk and cheese ... So that was a tough one, but it stopped my heartburn immediately when I stopped consuming that. As a simple example.

As for in-game..fek, bring the pizza.. At least one place I can haz extra cheese on that bugger.
    Yes but universally, I think there are common things I've read 100's of times over the years, that would be a good place to start. Food allergies were my problem, and they can be developed by eating the same foods every day, so rotate your foods, and get allergy testing. I was allergic to nearly everything I ate in abundance for years: Eggs, peanuts, cashews, milk, cheese were the big ones. Interesting for years I removed the yolks when low fat diets were in style and later I went back to eating them because low fat diets are bs, but my allergy report showed mild sensitivity to yolks and high sensitivity to whites, the thing I always consumed.

But yes it is a slow process figuring out what works best and what you can live with, and how to craft good foods without your favorite ingredients

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    It's easy. 7 seconds long.
    [Fade from black to 7 Days to Die logo]
    Joel: 7 Days to Die. It's a game. I'm not going to sit here and tell you about it, get off your ass and play it."
    [Cut to black. End scene]
    LOL! That would be perfect!

@TFP staff!

i have a question?

when you guys remove stuff (like removing some stuff for other stuff)

is it because you guys have a limit of how many stuff you can have in game or something else???
    Its part of the alpha process and part of some sloppy practices in the past. A lot of decisions were made quickly and hacked in as fast as possible just to prototype something. Then another system came on line the same way. Finally when we decided which systems felt polished and players liked the most, those systems were sort of the "gold standard" then the one offs that didn't match get removed or changed to feel like the whole game belongs together instead of having a frankenstien of systems/rules/consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    Well good for you that you had near perfect experience when it comes to this. I and others not so much. It doesn't change the fact that it can't be reliable to take the option out. If you seem the maps I have played you understand. Drive down the road and boom the road shifted upwards like 8 blocks high. Oh but we should stay on roads in wasteland not be driving off road. Oh look mountain the road goes straight up can't even get the vehicle to angle right. Oh look this bug and that bug but no admin around when you are ect ect. To many issues to take this option out just because a few feel we shouldn't be able to pick a vehicle up but have no problem with all that stone and everything else you can carry on you. Sorry will be on the other side of the fence when it comes to this. Maybe I will get a big surprise if the issues can be fixed but still say voxel worlds are to unpredictable to take this option away.
    Sure, someone not having the issue doesn't mean it isn't there. I just wonder if people complaining about stuck vehicles don't even try to dig it out seriously because they think from past experiences that it doesn't work anyway.

If you show me the picture of a bike stuck in dirt that is floating above ground because you dug away every block possible and it still can't be moved, you proved me wrong.