Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 19 Dev Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Sirillion View Post
    Will any of those books replace the perk? Like the Grease Monkey book for instance?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbii View Post
    OMG am I the only female that plays this obsessively? Please may I have some new paint effects/ Lots of them. i want to make my house look really nice. Once I wash the zomb blood off...
    I'd like to find a way to stream paints so we could have a lot more.

OMG am I the only female that plays this obsessively? Please may I have some new paint effects/ Lots of them. i want to make my house look really nice. Once I wash the zomb blood off...
    I second this. If no more are added, that's cool, but the more the merrier. ^^

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    As long as it doesn't take another damn year to get the update....

Just try your hardest to NOT bloat it and stick to lesser but more frequent updates, to keep the game fresh instead of making most of us play 2-4 months and go on hiatus for the rest of the year.

That being said, vehicle mods and new vehicle shapes? Yes please.

After "A19" is done, I would personally suggest expanding electricity, because its a massive potential for late game that is completely wasted on couple of lights and traps alone.
    Lesser updates are stupid. The game gets better with longer updates. I really do hope they "BLOAT" it.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha lol. All preeeeety and stuff lol... I try to play but then see something that needs modding or added lol.. maybe 1 day I can play haha as with many of the modders here I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I'd like to find a way to stream paints so we could have a lot more.
    HUMMMMM - welll - have you tried the oldschool way? - URL link to Open container?

Refugee
    Compare will show base stats in the future, when comparing.
    Any chance to show what crafting will give you on average?

Essentially, if I have a quality 5 item, and can craft a quality 5 item, I want to know if it is worth it or not. (based on if I can actually craft something with better specs.)

And some say you can't make a room look good in the apocalypse.

Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by stretch611 View Post
    Any chance to show what crafting will give you on average?

Essentially, if I have a quality 5 item, and can craft a quality 5 item, I want to know if it is worth it or not. (based on if I can actually craft something with better specs.)
    That's the game of chance for you. Some enjoy it, some do not. :P

Scavenger
    My wife has over 1000 hours in this game, so you arenít the only female that enjoys it.

Madmole
    if you are doing smaller content. can we get a working jail door? loved it in a15, but since then it has been missing. and an upgrade path to steel bars would also be a welcomed addition. yes these mods exist, but certain things should be in vanilla imo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    Madmole
    if you are doing smaller content. can we get a working jail door? loved it in a15, but since then it has been missing. and an upgrade path to steel bars would also be a welcomed addition. yes these mods exist, but certain things should be in vanilla imo
    Jail doors interfered with zombie pathing, hence why they were removed.

Refugee
    Suggestions for vehicle enhancements...

Mods:
    Altimeter/gyroscope for gyrocopter. So I can see how high above the ground I am and if I am climbing or descending.
    Speedometer (should be self-explanatory)
    AC and Heater mods. So that I can be comfortable in any biome without the need for armor/clothing mods. (At least until I get out of the vehicle.)
    Flood lights... High Intensity. So that I can see farther at night. (including the ability to put them on a gyrocopter)
    Night Vision? After all, Cadillac has been doing it for almost 20 years now. (though admittedly, it will probably be the same exact effect as wearing night vision googles now while driving.)
    GPS. Not so much for turn by turn directions (although that would be nice, it is probably overkill.) But, just a corner of the screen that can show the overhead map of where you are located so that I know when I am close to my turn.
    Rotating Blades. Don't just knock down zombies that you hit... Maim, dismember, and kill them.

Two other vehicle ideas. (possibly as mods)
    Nitrous Oxide. Create from nitrates in a chem station. Increase vehicle speed.
    Passenger Turret. Either a hole in the roof for 360 degree aiming, or let them lean out the window and only aim on one side. Can be an actual turret with ammo, or the player's own weapons. (including a baseball bat for smashing mailboxes or zombie heads at high speed.)

New vehicle suggestions:
    Skateboard - Faster than walking, slower than a bike, no inventory.
    Sports Car - Faster than a motorcycle, uses as much gas as a 4x4, between the two in inventory space. 2 person max.
    Sedan - roughly as fast as a motorcycle. uses less gas than a 4x4, more gas than a motorcycle. 4 person max. Between motorcycle and 4x4 in inventory space.
    Pick Up Truck - Similar stats to a 4x4. More cargo space.
    Electric Car - Uses an internal battery bank for fuel. Less range than a gas engine. Possible solar recharge mod, or you will need to swap batteries at your base. (similar to a Sedan in other stats.)

With the idea of turrets, maybe a APC or SWAT vehicle. Can have a player operated turret for MP, or an auto-turret for SP. Uses a lot of gas, but has a crapton of cargo space. Can carry 4 (or maybe more.) Possibly allow it to use an auto turret to stop Zombies from entering the POI after the player goes in (or give support fire to players that rip through an entrance with the stealthiness of the proverbial bull in a china shop.)

Scavenger

Two other vehicle ideas. (possibly as mods)
    Nitrous Oxide. Create from nitrates in a chem station. Increase vehicle speed.
    Passenger Turret. Either a hole in the roof for 360 degree aiming, or let them lean out the window and only aim on one side. Can be an actual turret with ammo, or the player's own weapons. (including a baseball bat for smashing mailboxes or zombie heads at high speed.)

With the idea of turrets, maybe a APC or SWAT vehicle. Can have a player operated turret for MP, or an auto-turret for SP. Uses a lot of gas, but has a crapton of cargo space. Can carry 4 (or maybe more.) Possibly allow it to use an auto turret to stop Zombies from entering the POI after the player goes in (or give support fire to players that rip through an entrance with the stealthiness of the proverbial bull in a china shop.)
    Really like the idea of the turret. Might be HUMVEE or Pickup truck style .50 cal cannon or TOW/rocket mounted launcher. APC or Amphibious vehicle would be cool too.

Can have a player operated turret for MP, or an auto-turret for SP. Uses a lot of gas, but has a crapton of cargo space. Can carry 4 (or maybe more.) Possibly allow it to use an auto turret to stop Zombies from entering the POI after the player goes in (or give support fire to players that rip through an entrance with the stealthiness of the proverbial bull in a china shop.)
    +1 because I want the passenger in the 4x4 have the ability to shoot. I want to equip/have the passenger equip an M60 with a drum mag, so we can ride around full speed bullets flying while blaring Rammstein.
    Last edited by Roland; 11-28-2019 at 08:26 AM.

We have a chemistry station lol.. no a huge no to a new station.

That said I thought of making glue from corn flour in the chemistry station only.
    No new station. Does that mean the hope for a wood stove as an upgrade to the campfire also out of picture? There is a great model for it in game already...