Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why no one is doing anything for 7 days to die

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    It's like he can't see my post with a $700 build that will do a very solid 60FPS. Get those on sale, and it's easily $500. Only want to spend $300-$500? You will still be able to get 30-40FPS which is better than the solid 30 you got on the console.
    Right? Lol. I bet, if you really spend some time bargain hunting, you can do the 700$ build for 400$. You can catch some really good deals, especially if you live near a Microcenter.

Hell, you may need to sacrifice 1080 on 7 days and stick to some medium/some high settings with low shadows/lighting, but there have been known Ryzen 5 builds using no graphics card getting 60 - 80 FPS on recent titles, add a cheapo gfx card and you add that much more power lol.

You don't need 1000$ to run the game, nor need it to run it on ultra. He lost any credit to me by saying you have to play on ultra to enjoy the game anyway lol.

By the way, you can get 20 - 30 FPS by building 200$ PCs, those are cheap ones. The 300 - 500 range is mid-range, not cheap. For 1000$ you should be able to run 2 7 days to die games at once lol.

Refugee
    Ugh why have to turn into a cost building a pc conservation

- - - Updated - - -

Want thank sly for some useful info but then convo went building pc building thanks

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    Right? Lol. I bet, if you really spend some time bargain hunting, you can do the 700$ build for 400$. You can catch some really good deals, especially if you live near a Microcenter.

Hell, you may need to sacrifice 1080 on 7 days and stick to some medium/some high settings with low shadows/lighting, but there have been known Ryzen 5 builds using no graphics card getting 60 - 80 FPS on recent titles, add a cheapo gfx card and you add that much more power lol.

You don't need 1000$ to run the game, nor need it to run it on ultra. He lost any credit to me by saying you have to play on ultra to enjoy the game anyway lol.

By the way, you can get 20 - 30 FPS by building 200$ PCs, those are cheap ones. The 300 - 500 range is mid-range, not cheap. For 1000$ you should be able to run 2 7 days to die games at once lol.
    I think you misunderstand the part where they said they dont want to build their own pc. Even assuming you can get that setup for $400-$500 you still need a monitor to play on which is reasonably another $100. That is more than double the cost of current gen consoles.

He also brought up a valid point in whats the point of wasting $400-$500 on a pc to run bare minimum settings on a game? Sure you can get a high frame rate but its going to look like trash. I'd much rather play full settings on a consol with a lower frame rate then dropping visual quality to minimums. If you want both frames and FPS a complete setup for $700-$800 isn't really unrealistic.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertr...?skuId=5024903

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-se...?skuId=5996200

Thats the minimum i would even consider running this game on and your at roughly $800

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    If you do deal-hunting you very well can build a 300-500$ PC that'll run games better than the dutch-oven consoles. It may not play at Mega-Ultra 8k resolution,
    That should no be that hard. What i have seen from YT-Videos, the console-version of 7d2d looks like PC on ultra-low. Especially the view distance makes it feel more like silent hill as i remember it from the psx.
    Honestly, if the PC-version would have only that graphics, i wouldn't even play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidlobster View Post
    Ugh why have to turn into a cost building a pc conservation

- - - Updated - - -

Want thank sly for some useful info but then convo went building pc building thanks
    It's because having a PC opens your world to games like 7 days. You'll be able to enjoy them better; building PCs is a very easy task which saves a ton of money while getting better parts overall, why it's being suggested. Even if a miracle is pulled off and a port of gold PC 7 days is actually successful, you're missing out on modding the game to your liking, you're stuck with what you get. You can't even change graphics options.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    You have to understand the mods on here play on PC and give no cares for the plight of console users. I mean really why would they care when it was our money that helped their version get to where it is? It's pure idiocy to suggest buying a $300 computer to run this game and goes to show they have 0 clue. The original OP was right in suggesting a half way decent gaming rig would cost about $1000 and this game isnt worth that cost. Sly is merely playing puppet to TFP and telling people to buy a pc since he knows the console version is doomed while under the control of TFP
    I forgot to reply to this earlier. This statement is wholly false.

I do actually have and play the console version on the PS4. I have been supporting the console version since it came out. In this very forum Claire and myself have been your largest supporters.

I'm just not clouded by some misconception on what's really happening, and I'm not going to give you false hopes.
    You guys have an issue understanding what all is involved with doing a console port. No matter how many times I lay it all out, my words fall on deaf ears.

If you can't accept reality, I'm sorry.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I forgot to reply to this earlier. This statement is wholly false.

I do actually have and play the console version on the PS4. I have been supporting the console version since it came out. In this very forum Claire and myself have been your largest supporters.

I'm just not clouded by some misconception on what's really happening, and I'm not going to give you false hopes.
    You guys have an issue understanding what all is involved with doing a console port. No matter how many times I lay it all out, my words fall on deaf ears.

If you can't accept reality, I'm sorry.
    LOL i remember our few times a year updates from Claire which in all honestly was pretty pathetic. As far as updates from you no i mostly see you bashing console players and telling them to buy PC. Maybe not as bad as Roland but not much better either.

We all understand what goes into a port nobody is questioning the process. What we all are questioning/trying to understand is the reason TFP willingly sold the rights to an incomplete game. To most of us the obvious answer is because they saw a quick money option which would further the pc version. It also meant that come today TFP can pretend they had no clue what would happen, can pretend they had our best interest at heart and can blame literally everyone else. As if that wasnt bad enough TFP then tell console players if they like the game so much go re-buy it on PC.

At this point its more of a feeling that all console players got the shaft since day 1 and now that TFP have the rights back its not going to get better. There is no defense for TFP which is largely where the anger of console players comes from. A company cant actively pursue options to make a quick buck then claim its not their fault when things collapse. Perhaps if TFP years ago considered "wait for the gold version release" before we tackle the console we wouldnt even need this conversation....on the other hand if TFP didnt act out of greed the pc version may have died years ago and console never would have seen a release anyways.
    Last edited by skillz_over_9000; 4 Days Ago at 09:57 PM.

If you understand the process you wouldn't have made any of that post. Pretty sure they thought Telltale would publish the game as early access, which would give them (iron galaxy, TFP only gave them content from the PC. It was up to IG to actually DO the conversion to consoles) more freedom to make procedural updates, not sell it as a complete game, which put it in a stricter ruleset. Telltale went bankrupt for a reason. The only mistake TFP did was pick Telltale, but that's business. The anger of console players is mainly due to lack of knowledge in how much a restrictive PITA console development/publishing has become -- bluntly put, but it's the truth. It WASN'T their fault. I, myself, was angry over it, until I did some looking into it and discovered more of the truth behind it and just feel bad for the situation. But, I digress, if you wish to remain angry at the wrong people for the wrong reasons, carry on. But you're looking at the wrong tip of the wrong iceberg, and failing to see the rest of the iceberg to begin with lol.
    Last edited by Jugginator; 4 Days Ago at 10:26 PM.

Refugee
    Not falling on deaf ears sly just I admit donít know much about it not pc player as I admit they are great for gaming nothing towards people who prefer so thank everyone for help educated about it a bit

Quote Originally Posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    Maybe not as bad as Roland but not much better either.
    Say what? When did I bash console players? I own the game on xbox, myself. I just bought a Switch and while it doesn't have 7 Days, it does have Duck Hunt which has been a lot of fun. Consoles are great and so are the people who play them. (I'm talking about myself)