Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Need help finding an easy to use Server for running custom maps (NitroGen)

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Need help finding an easy to use Server for running custom maps (NitroGen)

    Hi!

    Currently I am using a server at 4players but I have huge problems using a map generate with NitroGen_WorldGenerator.
    The map runs fine if I host it on my pc and play with friends, but it does not work at the server. After a long chat with the support, it seems as if these maps generally don't work there.

    Now I am looking for a new server where I can use maps I have generated with NitroGen.
    It is also important to note that have hardly any experiences with servers, therefore it would be great if it was easy to use (or at least had a good FAQ/tutorial).

    Can anybody please recommend me a server that fits my needs?

    Thank you very much in advance.

  2. #2
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreizehnx View Post
    Hi!

    Currently I am using a server at 4players but I have huge problems using a map generate with NitroGen_WorldGenerator.
    The map runs fine if I host it on my pc and play with friends, but it does not work at the server. After a long chat with the support, it seems as if these maps generally don't work there.

    Now I am looking for a new server where I can use maps I have generated with NitroGen.
    It is also important to note that have hardly any experiences with servers, therefore it would be great if it was easy to use (or at least had a good FAQ/tutorial).

    Can anybody please recommend me a server that fits my needs?

    Thank you very much in advance.
    I just started a pvp server with PingPerfect, a while back, and just yesterday reloaded the server with a nitrogen map. we ran smoothly with 6 people on at once, granted its a pvp server so we did a 4k size map, but seems to be working great through them.

  3. #3
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    I can give you a small server to mess with if you want? My dedicated server is located in Germany.

  4. #4
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    1
    Since his current server is from 4players, i guess he's from germany, too.

    Don't know if this is suitable for you, but i'd say it anyway.
    If anybody of you has a suitable internet connection, you can run a server your own.
    I use a Dell T20, which runs at 16W Idle, so only ~3,50€ for power per month if running 24/7. Current overal peak was 120W, usually 60-70W when playing 7d2d.

    It has enough power easily for a 7d2d server, i'm running 7d2d among other game servers at the same time on mine.
    And it is relatively cheap to buy. 150-200€ on ebay. E.g. https://www.ebay.de/itm/Dell-PowerEd...4/333424572194
    8GB RAM is enough for a 7d2d.

    Yeah, i know you have to spend the buy price first, but when i look to the prices of these rented servers... 4players is also at least 8€/month for the smallest config and with a 12-month contract.
    With your own server you are not limited to slots, can use whatever mod you want, have your own hardware you can simply shut down when not playing for a longer time and in the end you can even sell it again.

    Of course that is not reasonable for people who only want to play one game for a month.

  5. #5
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Sorry for my late reaction - I have subscribed to this topic, but for some reason I did not get a notification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Liesel Weppen View Post
    Since his current server is from 4players, i guess he's from germany, too.
    Almost. ^^ I'm from Austria - my internet connection is quite ok but not that great to host for the group of 5 people that play at the moment.


    Quote Originally Posted by MrBeee View Post
    I can give you a small server to mess with if you want? My dedicated server is located in Germany.
    That's a great offer, thank you. Although that'd make me feel like a leecher. ^^

    On a sidenote: After two more days of research I finally managed to setup a NitroGen Map on the named 4players server. The customer support told me (after a chat of about 1 hour) that NitroGen maps don't work with their server. In the end, the support guy told me a wrong folder path, so it is actually working pretty well now.

  6. #6
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    That's good news, glad you got it sorted in the end. I have a dedi box that I use for me and my son, it's barely used, so for me, it's no biggy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •