Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 134 of 134

Thread: Announcement: Welcome 18.2 b5 to stable!

  1. #121
    Refugee SEDATIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    How can we now set the quantity of the stuff in the forge? wmath and then?

  2. #122
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SEDATIVE View Post
    How can we now set the quantity of the stuff in the forge? wmath and then?
    I think the command is "wsmats" and takes 2 int's.

    First int is material 0-5.
    Second int is amount.
    Last edited by graphite; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:50 PM. Reason: Clearer answer

  3. #123
    Survivor suicidalhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    1
    this is a new addition to 18.3, i didnt think it was available in 18.2

  4. #124
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidalhamster View Post
    this is a new addition to 18.3, i didnt think it was available in 18.2
    Yes your right, Q&A posted in the wrong thread.

  5. #125
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0
    "Announcement: Welcome 18.2 b5 to stable!"
    https://7daystodie.com/18-2-patch-is-out/

    "He just released Alpha 18.2 b8 patch to stable."
    Is that a mistake?

  6. #126
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I don't think it is time based. I think it is simply if you re-engage with them or they see you. Also, why do you think that a demolisher will spawn right behind you inside your fortification?
    As it says in the release notes, the bedroll and other safe zone creating blocks will not stop a zombie spawning in a location covered by that safezone. Meaning that if a bed roll keeps zombies from freely spawning inside a fortification you built during normal circumstances, then during bloodmoon they can spawn anywhere inside your fortification at the game's leisure.

  7. #127
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    so i havent noticed a reply, but am i able to take a saved game from 18.0 stable to 18.2 stable? thanks

  8. #128
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    VA, USA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hated View Post
    [*]The silencer no longer blocks ADS on a pistol[/LIST]
    I beg the developers to reconsider this change.
    Without making any changes to the silencer model, this causes the suppressor to misalign with the barrel. Perhaps others would consider this only something that bothers "gun nuts" but this misalignment is very, very distracting.

    The old models were natural and beautiful. The suppressor blocking the iron sights is a well known tradeoff for having suppressed shots.
    This can also be countered easily by using the crosshairs for reference or just attaching a reflex/x2 scope. It seems the shotgun was also affected by this.

    Please revert these changes.

  9. #129
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    Has there been any work on the crashes on MAC? Turning off EAC doesn't make a difference.

  10. #130
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    9,279
    Rep Power
    2
    Not all silencers are symmetric.
    Not all of them are round, either.

  11. #131
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,785
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster503 View Post
    As it says in the release notes, the bedroll and other safe zone creating blocks will not stop a zombie spawning in a location covered by that safezone. Meaning that if a bed roll keeps zombies from freely spawning inside a fortification you built during normal circumstances, then during bloodmoon they can spawn anywhere inside your fortification at the game's leisure.
    Blood moon spawns always happen at the edge of the loaded world and then the zombies run inward. They donít just spawn anywhere. The spawns that can happen just anywhere are the normal environmental biome spawns.

    Since Demolishers only appear during blood moons you would never have one spawn behind you inside your base.

  12. #132
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Blood moon spawns always happen at the edge of the loaded world and then the zombies run inward. They donít just spawn anywhere. The spawns that can happen just anywhere are the normal environmental biome spawns.

    Since Demolishers only appear during blood moons you would never have one spawn behind you inside your base.
    There was some discussion about this with faatal already at the beginning of this thread -
    see post https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1072059

    As far as I understand this, a base which only contains player placed blocks will never have bloodmoon zombies spawn in it. However if your home base is a converted POI with your bedroll in it or your self-built base contains even just a single terrain block, there may very well be zombie spawns in it during horde night. The type of concrete/wood used in POIs has the attribute set to allow zombie spawns. So converting a POI seems a bit more risky now - as a zombie might punch his way towards you through your wall of chests to get to your location.

    As far as the distance of bloodmoon zombie spawns is concerned, I've seen them appear as close as 30-40 m away from me. If I had to guess, it's probably random but not closer than X meters distance to the player - maybe faatal could clarify how this works exactly. If they spawned at the edge of the loaded chunks, I suppose it would take them too long to get to you and some may get stuck on obstacles.

  13. #133
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,785
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliwhere View Post
    There was some discussion about this with faatal already at the beginning of this thread -
    see post https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1072059

    As far as I understand this, a base which only contains player placed blocks will never have bloodmoon zombies spawn in it. However if your home base is a converted POI with your bedroll in it or your self-built base contains even just a single terrain block, there may very well be zombie spawns in it during horde night. The type of concrete/wood used in POIs has the attribute set to allow zombie spawns. So converting a POI seems a bit more risky now - as a zombie might punch his way towards you through your wall of chests to get to your location.

    As far as the distance of bloodmoon zombie spawns is concerned, I've seen them appear as close as 30-40 m away from me. If I had to guess, it's probably random but not closer than X meters distance to the player - maybe faatal could clarify how this works exactly. If they spawned at the edge of the loaded chunks, I suppose it would take them too long to get to you and some may get stuck on obstacles.
    What I should have said is that they spawn just within the edge of the pathing grid which is not right to edge of the loaded world. I think that if horde night zombies could spawn anywhere within the area of the loaded world all around the player instead of spawning at a distance and then running inward we would see quite a bit of negative feedback about that and I just don't see it. Plenty of negative feedback about biome spawning zombies popping in behind players and inside converted POIs but pretty much zip about horde night spawning zombies-- and never once a report of a Demolisher spawning in right next to a player inside a POI they were defending. Even the person I responded to was only worrying about what the patch notes might mean and wasn't reporting that any Demolisher had spawned inside the POI with them.

    I just don't think that line in the patch notes was referring to blood moon spawning-- but I could be wrong....

  14. #134
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    What I should have said is that they spawn just within the edge of the pathing grid which is not right to edge of the loaded world. I think that if horde night zombies could spawn anywhere within the area of the loaded world all around the player instead of spawning at a distance and then running inward we would see quite a bit of negative feedback about that and I just don't see it. Plenty of negative feedback about biome spawning zombies popping in behind players and inside converted POIs but pretty much zip about horde night spawning zombies-- and never once a report of a Demolisher spawning in right next to a player inside a POI they were defending. Even the person I responded to was only worrying about what the patch notes might mean and wasn't reporting that any Demolisher had spawned inside the POI with them.

    I just don't think that line in the patch notes was referring to blood moon spawning-- but I could be wrong....
    I read the original posters question as 'Do I need to worry about zombie spawns inside my base, now that the bedroll no longer blocks a 30x30 area from bloodmoon spawns?'. So people ask about the consequences of that change regarding their gameplay.

    As far as I understand faatals answers, the answer is 'no' for a player-built base, because all these blocks do not allow any zombie spawns ever. For a POI base with your bedroll in it, things are different since some POI blocks allow zombie spawns - also during horde night. You can block normal POI spawns by landclaiming the area - but AFAIK the landclaim doesn't block horde night spawns either.

    The reason why there are no complaints about this yet, is, that even if they do spawn inside your base, they probably just path out of there or bash a door or window. Still, if a zombie spawns on a false ceiling and takes fall damage and goes into area destruction mode, it's not entirely impossible that some of your valuable stuff gets damaged or lost.

    I agree though about the fact that the change in biome spawns affects a far greater number of players - I upped the biome spawns in my game as well and the atmosphere of the whole game changes dramatically - feels good to be back in an apocalypse.

    ---
    Update: just saw that vedui made a very nice video about zombie spawning distances:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJb2...j4bpC8spqKdOr3

    He found the horde night zombies to spawn about 30-50 blobks around the player. I guess this means a good recommendation for people using a POI as base, is to fight the horde more than 60 blocks away from our main base in order to minimize the chance of zombies spawning in it. Worst thing you could do is build your horde base exaytly 40 blocks from your main base - as this would maximize the chances to spawn in it.
    Last edited by Oliwhere; 4 Days Ago at 12:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •