Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A18.2 b5 stable bug report thread

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post

That crash is in:
    (UnityPlayer) GfxDeviceD3D11Base::EndOfFrameBookkeeping

It may be a Unity bug or you could try updating your graphics drivers.
    must be a unity bug then because it has been happening all a18 and even in a17.4. i have updated drivers many times in that period and it still happens. but thank you for answering . none of my other bug reports were answered.

Refugee
    Spoiler: 
    Summary: When using actual flaming arrows with the bow, sometimes when I hit a zombie with an arrow, my player will catch on fire as well.

Game Version: A18.2 b5
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    CPU Model: Intel i5-3570K
    System Memory: 16GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: Gigabyte Geforce 980 Ti Windforce with 6GB VRAM
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Video Settings: High
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No
    Are you using any mods? Yes , the latest Darkness Falls and I did refer to Khaine the maker of the mod who indicated this was an issue not caused by the mod. A few others but I don't believe any that affect weapons in this manner.
    EAC on or off? Off.

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: Used flaming arrows with primitive bow and regular bow.

1) Shot Zombie with flaming arrow from bow.

Actual result: I caught on fire immediately when the zombie caught fire.

Expected result: Zombie to be on fire but not me.

---

https://pastebin.com/2C3PMUnQ

Can you repro this without mods? You've got a ton of errors in that log from those mods. -Schwanz9000

I uninstalled the whole game, deleted the folder and reinstalled on a new drive altogether and could not reproduce the issue. My apologies for wasting your time.
    Last edited by KidInTheHall; 12-10-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Hunter
    Are we supposed to be able to pick up [blade/dart traps, turrets, pressure plates, relays, sensors, lights, forges, workbenches, chem stations] that we have placed, at all times? I have no idea why I can sometimes pick them up, and other times I can't.

Whenever this occurs, I can't get the radial menu to display by holding 'e': for example, when a workbench does this, I can't hold 'e' to display the radial menu, trying just goes immediately into the crafting screen using the workbench.

Is this something I just don't understand or an actual bug?

Thank you.

As log as everything is inside your land claim area, you should be able to pick them up. -Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: Typo in Taylor's treasure map. It says "If you are reading this note THAN* the worst has probably happened" instead of "THEN* the worst has probably happened".

Spoiler: 
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: ALL

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? NO
    EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Typo in Taylor's treasure map. It says "If you are reading this note THAN* the worst has probably happened" instead of "THEN* the worst has probably happened".

Reproduce steps:

1-Find or use the creative menu to adquire a Taylor's treasure map.

2- You will soon notice the typo upon reading the note. It says "than" instead of "then".

Actual result: Typo in Taylor's treasure map. It says "If you are reading this note THAN* the worst has probably happened" instead of "THEN* the worst has probably happened".

Expected result:

Taylor treasure map first line should read: "If you are reading this note *then* the worst has probably happened. "

SCREENSHOT OF TAYLOR'S TREASURE MAP:

20191202002702_1.jpg

Well spotted, reported ty. - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-10-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post

Neither of my AMD GPUs show that. Try updating your drivers.
    I updated to the latest optional drivers (already had the latest recommended) and the flashing white squares are still there. Are either of your GPUs 5700 series? Just wondering if the 5700 series might have something different going on since my brother and sister do not have this issue and they are using AMD 480 and 580 cards respectively.

Edit: I reverted my game to 18.0 and 18.1 and the issue is not there. Something changed between 18.1 and 18.2 with the terrain that the 5700 doesn't like.
    Last edited by R2D21313; 12-10-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: Upgrading any block (not repairing) with Stone Axes, Hammers and Nail Guns won't decrease the tool durability.

Spoiler: 

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Upgrading any block (not repairing) with Stone Axes, Hammers and Nail Guns won't decrease the tool durability.

Reproduce steps:

1-Use a Stone Axe (any quality), Hammer (any quality) or Nail Gun to Upgrade (not repairing) a frame/material block.
    2- You will soon notice that any of those tools don't get any durability loss.

Actual result: Upgrading any block (not repairing) with Stone Axes, Hammers and Nail Guns won't decrease the tool durability.

Expected result: Upgrading (not repairing) any block with Stone Axe, Hammer or Nail Gun should decrease the tool's durability at least a tiny bit.

SCREENSHOT EXAMPLE:

20191210090821_1.jpg20191210090830_1.jpg

This is by design. - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-10-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: In Business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

Spoiler: 

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: In Business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

Reproduce steps:

1-Enter Business_Burnt_02 and open the first blue door on the right next to the Vending Machine.

2- Opening the door without entering, if you happen to see a Zd sleeping under the stairs (the sleeper volume is usually active, but note that there is a chance that it could be empty ) then it will be rotating in its own axis.

Actual result: Upgrading any block (not repairing) with Stone Axes, Hammers and Nail Guns won't decrease the tool durability.

Expected result:
    In business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

SCREENSHOT/GIF (This GIF is from the User Rusted Droid on the Steam page, I chose to use it because it shows exactly the issue in detail

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...2D8AB9A8DB2AC/

Hi, busines 02 burnt is a creamery and does not have the set up you mention, business burnt 01 does, but has not starway, are you sure of the poi name ?. - Twigg

Hi Twigg and thank you for the answer.

business_burnt_02 (quest tier 4) POI HOLME DEPOT is not a creamery. You can also see the .jpg thumbnail (9kb) in the Data/Prefabs folder in your 7DTD main folder. Maybe you confused it for another one.
    Here's more info to clarify:

20191211033742_1.jpg

-Blake
    Last edited by Blake_; 12-11-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: Sprained leg debuff (5 min) and Broken leg debuff (1 hour) get cured/dissappear on relogging.

Spoiler: 
    Game mode: ALL (I assume)

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Sprained leg debuff (5 min) and Broken leg debuff (1 hour) get cured/dissappear on relogging.

Reproduce steps:

1-Sprain a leg or Break a leg and quit the game.
    2- Enter the game and the debuff is gone. Works only for Sprained leg and Broken leg debuff (that I know of, didn't test Food Poisoning/Dysentery, only Infection).

Actual result: Sprained leg debuff (5 min) and Broken leg debuff (1 hour) get cured/ dissappear on relogging.

Expected result: Sprained leg debuff (5 min) and Broken leg debuff (1 hour) should remain after relogging .

SCREENSHOT EXAMPLE (Works 100% of the time, so these are redundant):

20191210101949_1.jpg20191210102415_1.jpg

Verified and reported thank you. - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-10-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: Business_old_05 has a particular corner shape unupgradeable. Happens to some roof corners too.

Spoiler: 

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Business_old_05 has a particular corner shape unupgradeable (maybe due to that shape being dissabled for upgrade).

Reproduce steps:

1-Go to Business_old_05
    2- Try to do a house flip.

Actual result: Business_old_05 has a particular corner shape unupgradeable . Happens also with roof corners.

Expected result: Player should have a consistent wide number of shapes available and preferably all the geometric ones, to be able to upgrade every upgradeable block in the game and do a complete house flip/ base in places like Business_old_05 without having to substitute said blocks.

SCREENSHOTS (roof corners might not be from the same POI, I don't remember):

EDIT: DELETED SCREENSHOTS TO MAKE SPACE TO THE MORE ACCURATE ONES BELOW

Hi, I cannot find the blocks you mentioned, can you go back to them and identify them please, to do this in dm mode press F3, then focus on the block you want to identify and press space bar, it will tell you what the focused box is.- Twigg

Hi Twigg and thank you for the answer. I did what you asked and I also added a little walkthrough in case you find the code difficult to read and want to try it yourself:

Enter normally through the corpses/AC room

20191211032021_1.jpg

Go through the tiny room at the right (with the water machine) done

20191211032030_1.jpg

and in the main room with the counter and the 2 beer coolers try to upgrade all corners. Reported

20191211032048_1.jpg

You will find this one*:
    (*To correctly show the block I need to change the steam screenshot key to be able to use shift, so I did it and here's the result) ok this is interesting, as the block is poured concrete and should upgrade, but it looks like there is an error in the way poured concrete works, good find !!

20191211033103_1.jpg

AND the other roof block that I was talking about in the report is this one, common in many POIS:

20191211033028_1.jpg

-Blake

some interesting stuff going on there , thanks for your help, and by the way you hold SHIFT to focus on a block in the F3 menue, my mistake there !. - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-12-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: (Issue) Some Burning Pyres in the Burnt Forest biome are half floating in the Border slopes next to the Map sea border instead of being rotated a bit to adapt to the slope.
    -It happens rarely with other burnt forest assets and also with other assets in other biomes, but the burning ones that make you burn are the most common to be hanging.

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Some Burning Pyres in the Burnt Forest biome are half floating in the Border slopes next to the Map sea border instead of being rotated a bit to adapt to the slope.
    -It happens rarely with other burnt forest assets and also with other assets in other biomes, but the burning ones that make you burn are the most common to be hanging.

Reproduce steps:

1-Go to the border of the Burnt Forest near the Sea, at the Coastline.
    2- Walk near the Coast, try to look for Burning Pyres that give burning damage to the player on slopes .

Actual result: Some Burning Pyres in the Burnt Forest biome are half floating in the Border slopes next to the Map sea border instead of being rotated a bit to adapt to the slope.

Expected result: Burning Pyres in the Burnt Forest biome should rotate a bit to adapt to the slopes both in the map borders and in any other place.

SCREENSHOTS:
    20191209072731_1.jpg20191210085430_1.jpg20191209072724_1.jpg
    Last edited by Blake_; 12-10-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Captain Obvious
    SUMMARY: Occlusion problems with random clusters of trees when planting them in relative quantity and playing the game until they grow. When you come back after a while for chopping them, some of those clusters can start to behave erraticaly resulting in the dissapearance/reapearance of a group of trees when rotating the camera.

Game mode: ALL (It seems, only tested with Admin though)

Lowest settings Quarter size 1080p Minimum specs PC met to the very limit (8 RAM 4VRAM 2.7 CPU).

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Occlusion problems with random clusters of trees when planting them in relative quantity and playing the game until they grow. When you come back after a while for chopping them, some of those clusters can start to behave erraticaly resulting in the dissapearance/reapearance of a group of trees when rotating the camera.

Reproduce steps: This one is very difficult to reproduce artificially . I tried to reproduce it consistently by planting 200 full grown trees from creative mode and relogging, going away and reapproaching, chopping every tree in the neighbourhood aside from those 200, etc. But all of that failed at first. The thing is, It happened to me 8 times already in 2 different gameplays in a range of only 10 days. I'm pretty confident that it can be reproduced in only a tree growth period of ... 3 days? (1 day= 1 hour).

Ideal steps:

1-Start a new game like it was your legit way of playing.
    2- Take 200 pine seeds from creative. They need to be seeds. Not fully grown trees.
    3- Plant those 200 seeds closeish but it doesn't have to be accurate, you can miss spots and span a few meters if you do not find perfect spots.
    4- Go around your bussiness and do quests, play the game and kill monsters far away without cheating. Live the American dream and go to your base from time to time to unload the loot and stuff like you always do.
    5- Doing cool stuff, eventually those trees grow. But you can do 1 quest if you like. 1 km away. Why not? Eazy Peazy.

6- Go back to your base and look at the trees. It's time. Start chopping until you notice that some of them dissapear when looking at them from a certain angle. Weird.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alternative way:
    Look closely at the Occlusion code for trees and pray that a ray of hope shines upon the clouds and an answer arises from the depths of all the shared intellect of humankind.

Actual result: Occlusion problems with random clusters of trees when planting them in relative quantity and playing the game until they grow. When you come back after a while for chopping them, some of those clusters can start to behave erraticaly resulting in the dissapearance/reapearance of a group of trees when rotating the camera.

Expected result: Planted trees should not have any Occlusion problems ever.

SCREENSHOTS (Trippy stuff):

20191207054449_1.jpg20191207054457_1.jpg20191207054508_1.jpg20191207054518_1.jpg20191207054528_1.jpg

As you can see, it happens to groups of trees (right side of the images) as well as individual trees, and their properties resource-wise are intact.

I did not move an inch in the first screenshots , it's only camera rotation.
    Last edited by Blake_; 12-10-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    SUMMARY: In Business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

Spoiler: 

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: In Business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

Reproduce steps:

1-Enter Business_Burnt_02 and open the first blue door on the right next to the Vending Machine.

2- Opening the door without entering, if you happen to see a Zd sleeping under the stairs (the sleeper volume is usually active, but note that there is a chance that it could be empty ) then it will be rotating in its own axis.

Expected result:
    In Business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

SCREENSHOT/GIF (This GIF is from the User Rusted Droid on the Steam page, I chose to use it because it shows exactly the issue in detail

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...2D8AB9A8DB2AC/

Hi, busines 02 burnt is a creamery and does not have the set up you mention, business burnt 01 doese , but has not starway, are you sure of the poi name ?. - Twigg
    I have seen the same thing, though I've been in the place two times, and the zombie rotated only on one of them. It is Holme's Depot, business_burnt_02. You say it's a creamery, but that's not what I'm seeing in the preview jpeg, and the coordinates seem to match where I found it in my own world:

World Name: Zegoye Territory
    Original Seed: InvestigableComradeship
    Data Export Time: 2 minutes 56 seconds
    Total Generation Time: 9 minutes 7 seconds

prefabs.xml: <decoration type="model" name="business_burnt_02" position="632,80,-280" rotation="0" />

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <MapInfo>
      <property name="Scale" value="1" />
      <property name="HeightMapSize" value="8192,8192" />
      <property name="Modes" value="Survival,SurvivalSP,SurvivalMP,Creative" />
      <property name="FixedWaterLevel" value="false" />
      <property name="RandomGeneratedWorld" value="true" />
      <property name="GameVersion" value="Alpha.18.2.2" />
    And, in fact, I can reproduce it from the prefab editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2iGLCQH5oE
    Last edited by dcsobral; 12-10-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Video reproduction

Zombie Hunter
    SUMMARY: Business_old_05 has a particular corner shape unupgradeable. Happens to some roof corners too.

Spoiler: 

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: Business_old_05 has a particular corner shape unupgradeable (maybe due to that shape being dissabled for upgrade).

Reproduce steps:

1-Go to Business_old_05
    2- Try to do a house flip.

Actual result: Business_old_05 has a particular corner shape unupgradeable . Happens also with roof corners.

Expected result: Player should have a consistent wide number of shapes available and preferably all the geometric ones, to be able to upgrade every upgradeable block in the game and do a complete house flip/ base in places like Business_old_05 without having to substitute said blocks.

SCREENSHOTS (roof corners might not be from the same POI, I don't remember):

Attachment 30916Attachment 30913Attachment 30914Attachment 30917Attachment 30918

Hi, I cannot find the blocks you mentioned, can you go back to them and identify them please, to do this in dm mode press F3, then focus on the block you want to identify and press space bar, it will tell you what the focused box is.. - Twigg
    Space bar? I always use SHIFT.

Captain Obvious

Spoiler: 

EAC on or off? OFF

Reproduce steps:

Expected result:
    In business_Burnt_02 there is a rotating sleeper Zd (it appears to be any Zd) below the stairs (that lead to the 1st floor) at the right side of the entrance.

Edit: This post is redundant as I realized that I could just edit the older one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Blake_; 12-11-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Refugee
    Hello,

This is for modArmorPressboyCap.

I think the value for the UMA.Overlay0 property is wrong. Currently, it's set to gear_ballcap. I think it's supposed to be gear_pressboy_cap instead. If this has already been fixed, ignore this.