Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A18.2 b5 stable bug report thread

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Minion View Post
    hello, very easy to see press f1 in game doesn't take long for the mem leak to show in console.
    That may be true for you. But I've played over 30 hours since the last update and have no memory leaks. It may be something specific to do with your hardware configuration. That is why they need the info provided in the bug report form and the DETAILED data in the log file. Console only shows the error, output log includes additional info.

This is a Unity bug that has already been reported. - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-08-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Zombie dogs rapidly deplete electric fence
    Game Version: A18.2 b5
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    CPU Model: Intel i5 6600K
    System Memory: 32 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 960 4 GB
    Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Video Settings: medium
    Game mode: SP
    Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: I have built a 2 meter wide corridor that is criss-crossed by 2 electric fences. It is also has a single layer depth of water on top of half blocks with 2 blade traps on each side and dart traps at the end. (I call it the aqueduct of annihilation) On horde night (last one was day 49) the electric fence will last nearly the entire night (I am playing 120 min. days, so about 30 mins.) unless a zombie dog walks through it. When the dogs walk though the fence it drains the fence down to 49 hp and it stops working. I can repair the closest fence posts and it starts working again, but if another dog comes through (or if the same one is still in there) it is immediately drained again.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Create a 2 meter wide corridor about 8 meters long. Place 2 electric fences on either side so that they cross the entire length of the corridor (none of the fence posts are in the path of the corridor) and apply power to the two farthest fence posts)
    2) Have any zombie other than a dog (cheerleader, spider etc.) go through the corridor and notice that the closest fence posts take only a few hp damage (sometimes none at all).
    3) Repair the fence posts and have a zombie dog go through the corridor and notice the hp rapidly drops until it reached 49 and the fence stops working.

Actual result: zombie dogs deplete electric fence hp much faster than other zombies

Expected result: zombie dogs deplete electric fence hp the same amount as other zombies

Game crash
    Spoiler: 
    Game Version:a18.2b5
    Platform:PC
    OS/Version:Win 10 pro
    CPU Model: Intel i73770k
    System Memory: 16 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 970
    Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200
    Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))
    Game mode:SP

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no

Bug Description:game crashes to desktop

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: play the game anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour and the game crashes. some process is still running as you have to exit steam because steam still thinks the game is running. you have to force exit steam.
    restart game an i can play for 8 hours with out crash but still upon quiting the game steam still thinks it is running and you have to force exit steam.

Actual result: random crashing

Expected result: to be able to play the game and to exit cleanly.

output log https://pastebin.com/iHzyYEH6
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-08-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by spud42 View Post
    Game Version:a18.2b5
    Platform:PC
    OS/Version:Win 10 pro
    CPU Model: Intel i73770k
    System Memory: 16 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 970
    Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200
    Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom (Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))
    Game mode:SP

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no

Bug Description:game crashes to desktop

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug: play the game anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour and the game crashes. some process is still running as you have to exit steam because steam still thinks the game is running. you have to force exit steam.
    restart game an i can play for 8 hours with out crash but still upon quiting the game steam still thinks it is running and you have to force exit steam.

Actual result: random crashing

Expected result: to be able to play the game and to exit cleanly.

output log https://pastebin.com/iHzyYEH6

That crash is in:
    (UnityPlayer) GfxDeviceD3D11Base::EndOfFrameBookkeeping

It may be a Unity bug or you could try updating your graphics drivers.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-08-2019 at 01:29 PM.

hello, very easy to see press f1 in game doesnt take long for the mem leak to show in console.
    That is a Unity message, which appears to be a bug with Unity. Hopefully updating to Unity 2019.3 will fix it, but that is in release candidate state and they are still fixing a lot of bugs before final release.

Regardless of what the message says, are you actually running out of memory in task manager? A small leak could take days of playing before it mattered.

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyrc View Post
    Summary: Flashing spots on terrain

OS/Version: Windows 10 x86_64
    CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
    System Memory: 32Gb
    GPU Model and VRAM: AMD RX5700 XT 8Gb
    Screen Resolution: 1440p
    Video Settings: Custom (textures & trees high, shadows medium, reflected shadows and god rays off)
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Are you using any mods? Yes, vehicle speed, efficiency and melee distance.
    EAC on or off? Default

Bug Description: Ground textures appear spoty, flashing. It almost appears like a snow effect on the ground.

Reproduce steps: Open any game. It's more pronounced on flat or declining terrain.

Screenshots do not show the problem, only video capture. A youtube video to demonstrate:

Actual result: Graphical problem only.

Expected result: No flashing spots on terrain

Neither of my AMD GPUs show that. Try updating your drivers.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-08-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    That is a Unity message, which appears to be a bug with Unity. Hopefully updating to Unity 2019.3 will fix it, but that is in release candidate state and they are still fixing a lot of bugs before final release.

Regardless of what the message says, are you actually running out of memory in task manager? A small leak could take days of playing before it mattered.
    @faatal With 45+ players on our dedi: 32gb ram we can run the server roughly around 2.5 hours before ram reaches 85% usage on server which will cause a crash from the mem leaks building up.

A18.1 stable with the same scerio we could run the server around 4 hours with out having to restart to clear mem leaks.

when a18 first came out i seen this same leak and reported it which it seemd to have been fixed by a18.1 stable {it went away} but has returned in the a18.2 stable build.

so over all with the leak showing it causes us to have to restart the server around 2.5 hours instead of every 4.

im assuming single player games and low populations prob dont have this problem but any high traffic server like ours has it for sure.

hope this info helps, thanks.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    @faatal With 45+ players on our dedi: 32gb ram we can run the server roughly around 2.5 hours before ram reaches 85% usage on server which will cause a crash from the mem leaks building up.

A18.1 stable with the same scerio we could run the server around 4 hours with out having to restart to clear mem leaks.

when a18 first came out i seen this same leak and reported it which it seemd to have been fixed by a18.1 stable {it went away} but has returned in the a18.2 stable build.

so over all with the leak showing it causes us to have to restart the server around 2.5 hours instead of every 4.

im assuming single player games and low populations prob dont have this problem but any high traffic server like ours has it for sure.

hope this info helps, thanks.
    I suppose then it's a good thing that only 8 players are supported then.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Neither of my AMD GPUs show that. Try updating your drivers.
    This bug appears to impact 5700 & 5700xt GPUs.

Eg https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...1741307657992/ and https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...1809255087408/

Do you have one of those to test with?

Edit: I should have mentioned, this is happening with many driver versions. The only common theme is the 5700 series GPU.
    Last edited by sammyrc; 12-08-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Refugee
    I'm having an issue that's just popped up since I started playing after the last patch, whenever I am using flaming arrows with my bow, I am suddenly catching on fire when I hit a zombie.

Could you fill out the full bug report and provide your output log uploaded to pastebin? Thanks! - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-09-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Harvesting not working as dictated by XML.

Summary: Harvesting not working as dictated by XML.

Game Version: A18.2 B5 (Stable Build)
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    CPU Model: Intel i7 6700k
    System Memory: 32GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: ASUS Radeon RX5700XT, 8GB VRAM
    Screen Resolution: 4k
    Video Settings: Not Relevant to issue
    Game mode: Tested in Singleplayer only.

Did you validate your files? No
    EAC off

Bug Description: The harvest of certain blocks is not behaving as expected from the xmls. Found the issue while modding but it occurs in the vanilla game too, hence I think it might be a bug.

This is a code snippet from the block: cntCar03SedanDamage2Master
    All Car Wrecks get their harvesting info from it.
    Code:
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="terrStone" count="0" tool_category="Disassemble"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceMetalPipe" count="5" prob="0.5" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="ammoGasCan" count="50,500" prob="0.5" tag="allHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="ammoGasCan" count="50,500" prob="0.5" tag="salvageHarvest"/> <!-- together 100 avg -->
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceHeadlight" count="1" prob="0.45" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceScrapIron" count="20" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="2,7" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="1,5" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceElectricParts" count="0,2" prob="0.1" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
    	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceScrapIron" count="12" tag="allHarvest"/>
    I have highlighted the important bits here. Scrap Iron. It should drop 20 scrap iron when using a tool with salvageHarvest (wrench) and 12 for any harvest tools (salvageHarvest). Pickaxe for example, wrench should also get this amount since its a harvest tool too.

Instead you get 20 when using the wrench (so 12 is missing) and NONE when using a pickaxe (or stone axe etc). This leads me to think that only the first entry for resourceScrapIron is read and the rest is ignored.

As far as I know this worked before and not since at least this version, but could be since A18.

1) Observe the values in the xml of the block you test (like one of the car wrecks). Note the amounts you should give of the resources.
    2) Start a new game, get a bunch of car wrecks from creative, a wrench, a pickaxe and a bunch of chests.
    3) Place a line of 10 car wrecks, and 10 more so you have 10 rows of 2 wrecks. Place a chest in front of each row.
    4) Wrench the first car in each row and put the materials in the chest top row.
    5) Use the pickaxe on the remaining cars and place the materials in the chest bottom row.
    6) Observe numbers and compare to the values in xmls.
    7) (Optional) repeat with other blocks that have multiple entries of the same item as harvest.

Actual result: You do not get the correct amount of materials the xml states that should be handed out using tool with that harvest tag. Same applies to the gascans, but since these are ordered in reverse (allHarvest first) you always get 50-500 cans, but no extra when wrenching. Since its a big range its harder to test.

Expected result: You get all items from each entry that your tool matches tags with, so 32 using the wrench and 12 using the pickaxe on the car wreck.

Edit: Is this being investigated or not? Other bugs posted later seem to have had a reply added..
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 12-14-2019 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Remove spoiler tags so the testers can see the report.

Zombie Hunter
    Sometimes I overthink things and end up not reporting bugs because I decide it's on purpose, such as the trip wire not being repairable someone just reported -- I made a modlet to allow them to be repaired, because I always assumed, since alpha 17 and maybe even 16, that it was on purpose. But I digress.

Some things allow explosion damage to get through: poles, certainly, but also plates, and half blocks. Some do not: full blocks, arrow slits, and bullet proof glass shapes, even the plate. Is there any criteria on what should and should not allow explosion damage to blow through? I can report things that -- in my experience -- do allow explosion damage through and I think they shouldn't, as well as things that block explosion damage and I think should not, or just not bother with that, if you guys could give me some guidance on what I should be reporting.

Zombie Hunter
    I was looking at quest objectives code to help someone who wanted to know how to configure some of the objectives that do not have an example, and decided to peak at the treasure objective, to see if I could spot the issue that makes it automatically fail sometimes. I notice it is calling setBlockRPC to get the treasure chest (or whatever) in the location, but then setting rally marker activated to true immediately afterwards, which will cause the quest to fail if Update is called again before the block is set, or if the RPC fails for some reason. I'm assuming "treasure quests fail automatically sometimes" is in the known issues list, though I'll gladly fill out the form if it isn't. Though, it hasn't happened to me on alpha 18 yet, so maybe it's fixed already...

It is always worth putting in a report, for anything you think is wrong, better to catch a bug, than miss one . - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-10-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Refugee
    Summary: Lockpicking perk numbers off

Spoiler: 
    OS/Version: Windows
    CPU Model: nr
    System Memory: nr
    GPU Model and VRAM: nr
    Screen Resolution: nr
    Video Settings: nr
    Game mode: nr

EAC on or off? off

Bug Description: The description of the lockpicking perk and the Great Heist book set bonus don't match the numbers in the XML. Each lockpicking perk is said to decrease the time by 10% each level up to 50%, but the XML shows the following:
    Code:
    <passive_effect name="LockPickTime" operation="perc_subtract" level="1,5" value=".091,.33"/>
    The book completion says that it reduces the time by 20%, but the XML shows the following:
    Code:
    <passive_effect name="LockPickTime" operation="perc_subtract" level="1" value=".167"/>

1) Max lockpicking and attempt to pick a lock.
    2) Complete the book set and attempt to pick a lock.
    3)

Actual result: Maxing lockpicking does not reduce the time to pick locks by 50%. Completing the book set does not reduce the time by 20%.

Expected result: The XML values should match the descriptions or vice versa if the XML numbers are accurate.

ok so the first entry is correct .33 = 50 % , i will check to see if the book completion is correct tho, ty. - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-10-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Refugee
    I have been playing survival multiplayer with a group of friends for a while, but for some reason, despite being in the same party, I am not getting any party xp even though i am right next to them when they are killing zombies.

Can you please fill out the form, and also attach your output log . - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 12-10-2019 at 11:54 AM.