Summary: Clipping/X-ray Exploit

Spoiler: 
    Game Version: 18.2 b5/18.3 exp b3
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    CPU Model: 8700k
    System Memory: 32GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: RTX 2080ti
    Screen Resolution: 2560x1440/2560x1080 (works on all 16:9 and 21:9 resolutions)
    Video Settings: Highest on all settings bar the light shafts etc...
    Game mode: MP Client/SP Client

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: A bug that allows you to see through terrain to spot bases etc...

Reproduce steps: As in the video you change FOV or place blocks to see through the world to spot player bases.

Actual result: Player/Client can see through the world and spot anything from a distance.

Expected result: Player not seeing anything outside of the supposed physical boundaries that surround them, the player camera is ethereal and metaphysical and allows one to turn omnipotent and see all that surrounds them! (lol)

Video of exploit below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQj...ature=youtu.be

This is a known issue that will be addressed at a later date. Thanks! Schwanz9000
    Last edited by Twigg; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:47 AM.

Refugee
    Summary: Displayed damage value incorrect for exploding arrow/bolt

Game Version: A18.3 b3
    OS/Version: Windows
    CPU Model: Intel i5 5200
    System Memory: 8 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia 840M 2 GB
    Screen Resolution: 1600*900
    Video Settings: Custom
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? yes
    EAC on or off? off

Bug Description:

The displayed damage value of the exploding arrow / crossbow bolt does not match the actual damage value.

From items.xml:

<item name="ammoArrowExploding">
    <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="90"/><display_value name="dExDamageEntity" value="180"/>

<item name="ammoCrossbowBoltExploding">
    <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="125"/><display_value name="dExDamageEntity" value="250"/>

for comparison item with correct values:

<item name="thrownAmmoPipeBomb">
    <!-- adding 10% damage because it's impossible to place explosives inside an entity where it would do the exact damage -->
    <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="253"/><display_value name="dExDamageEntity" value="230"/>

Reproduce steps:

Check xml desciption and ingame display and actual damage.

Actual result: Actual damage and displayed damage differ by a factor of 2.

Expected result: Actual damage and displayed damage are approximately equal.
    As a balance suggestion, right in the middle between both values would properly reflect the ammount of gun powder for different explosives.

Update: Still the same in A18.3 b4

Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:40 PM.

Summary: Walking on mushrooms and their seeds makes you walk over them instead of walking on flat ground.

Spoiler: 
    Game Version: A18.3 b3
    OS/Version: Win 10 pro 64Bit
    CPU Model: I7 8700k
    System Memory: 16 GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: RX480 8Gb
    Screen Resolution: Full HD
    Video Settings:
    Game mode: MP client

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? YES
    EAC off

Bug Description: See title. No other crops/seeds show this, there you just walk flat on the ground, right through them. Walk/run a line of planted mushrooms and you get seasick ;-)

Reproduce steps: Try it...

Expected result: Walking flat on earth like on the other crops

We are awaer of this, but will bring it up again ty . - Twigg
    Last edited by Twigg; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:48 AM.

Survivor
    Spoiler: 
    HELLO, bringing back the FOV slider for 18.3 was a huge mistake. There was good reason for them to have taken it away to begin with. Players turn FOV up in tunnels to xray!! Go to any underground tunnel turn your FOV up and pan the camera to xray on other players bases.

Now, That this problem has been brought back i have a recommendation: make the FOV slider only adjustable before logging in, that way Admins and server owners who have to monitor this BS on a daily basis can set a designated FOV amount allowed on their server so people dont xray, cheat,exploit.

**EASY TO TEST** DIG A TUNNEL UNDERGROUND , TURN FOV UP AND PAN THE CAMERA. This is a huge probelm for PVP servers and needs to be fixed immediately.

This is a known issue that will be addressed at a later date. Thanks! Schwanz9000
    Last edited by Twigg; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:46 AM.

Banned
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Minion View Post
    Spoiler: 
    HELLO, bringing back the FOV slider for 18.3 was a huge mistake. There was good reason for them to have taken it away to begin with. Players turn FOV up in tunnels to xray!! Go to any underground tunnel turn your FOV up and pan the camera to xray on other players bases.

Now, That this problem has been brought back i have a recommendation: make the FOV slider only adjustable before logging in, that way Admins and server owners who have to monitor this BS on a daily basis can set a designated FOV amount allowed on their server so people dont xray, cheat,exploit.

I reported this issue earlier but now have come to the conclusion i can no longer run and maintain our PvP server under these circumstances.
    TFP might as well give players a button to hit that gives them unlimited xray ability and hack because this is exactly what it does. If this issue isn't resolved by a18.3 stable i'll have no choice but to shut our server down untill it is fixed....after 4 years and building one of the largest communitys on this game not just me but thousands of pvp players will no longer to be able to play on our server.

**EASY TO TEST** DIG A TUNNEL UNDERGROUND , TURN FOV UP AND PAN THE CAMERA. This is a huge probelm for PVP servers and needs to be fixed immediately.

How do players not understand that by turning off the FOV does not stop this exploit from happening? You can turn FOV down to 40 and I can still do the xray vision. I wish players would.....That gives me an idea. I'll make a new thread explaining this to the community.

Here you go Gandpa Minion https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...exploit-people!!!
    Just responding to someone who made another bug report -ZombieSurvivor

Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:43 PM.

Survivor
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Spoiler: 

How do players not understand that by turning off the FOV does not stop this exploit from happening? You can turn FOV down to 40 and I can still do the xray vision. I wish players would.....That gives me an idea. I'll make a new thread explaining this to the community.

Here you go Gandpa Minion https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...exploit-people!!!
    Just responding to someone who made another bug report -ZombieSurvivor
    Dont listen to this guy he has no clue what he is talking about:

If the FTP can fix the FOV slider from being changed once a player is logged in: Server owners and admins can set a designated amount allowed on their servers to keep people from exploiting it once a player logs in.

As it is now an admin or server owner can change a persons FOV once they log in but is useless to do that because people can just turn around readjust it without having to log out. ***THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO make FOV only be able to change before a player logs in*** That way once they do log in an admin or server owner can set a pre determined amount allowed for any player who logs in to their server.

Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:42 PM.

QA Lead
    New thread is open for the new stable build.