Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 83

Thread: Winter Project 2019

  1. #16
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,338
    Rep Power
    1
    Trying to play this through the Mod Luncher and get crazy errors (A18.2)



    Large Version - https://ibb.co/7JFnDbS

  2. #17
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Trying to play this through the Mod Luncher and get crazy errors (A18.2)



    Large Version - https://ibb.co/7JFnDbS
    Do you have a full.log file?

  3. #18
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,338
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Do you have a full.log file?
    This? https://pastebin.com/3j5bU26A

    For some reason it never creates a new output log in the 7DaysToDie_Data folder. Maybe because I have to Alt-F4 to be able to close the game?
    Last edited by Odetta; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:42 AM.

  4. #19
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    That wasn't the log I was asking for, but it's the log I needed

    INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.
    INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - DMT not available. Download failed. Attempting to load last game...


    I see that. So DMT didn't download properly, so it didn't build Winter Project. I've never seen this part fail before, so looks like logs are lacking. Maybe some kind of firewall blocking it? Although looks like the rest of the mod is there. To install manually, you may be able to do something like this, until I add more debugging:

    1) Download and extract: https://github.com/7D2DMods/DMTClien...ive/master.zip
    2) Click on the button with the Three Dots to get to where the Mod Launcher installed winter project, and create a folder called SDXRepos
    3) Copy the contents of the zip file into SDXRepos
    SDXRepos/DMTViewer.exe, for example
    4) Try re-starting the mod launcher and press Play on it.

  5. #20
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1

  6. #21
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,338
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    That wasn't the log I was asking for, but it's the log I needed

    INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.
    INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - DMT not available. Download failed. Attempting to load last game...


    I see that. So DMT didn't download properly, so it didn't build Winter Project. I've never seen this part fail before, so looks like logs are lacking. Maybe some kind of firewall blocking it? Although looks like the rest of the mod is there. To install manually, you may be able to do something like this, until I add more debugging:

    1) Download and extract: https://github.com/7D2DMods/DMTClien...ive/master.zip
    2) Click on the button with the Three Dots to get to where the Mod Launcher installed winter project, and create a folder called SDXRepos
    3) Copy the contents of the zip file into SDXRepos
    SDXRepos/DMTViewer.exe, for example
    4) Try re-starting the mod launcher and press Play on it.
    Ok I will try, thank you for giving me a workaround.

    Update: It works, thanks
    Last edited by Odetta; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:27 PM.

  7. #22
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    I solved my problem by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website. You should probably mention this package as a dependency for Mod Launcher. Assuming the user may already have it or knows what to do may lead to bug reports like this lol

  8. #23
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    What the heck is glitchy shark doing in snow apocalypse?

  9. #24
    Forum Fox DUST2DEATH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    AU - HDHQ Overhaul
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    What the heck is glitchy shark doing in snow apocalypse?
    do do do...

  10. #25
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    What the heck is glitchy shark doing in snow apocalypse?
    Glitchy?

  11. #26
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Glitchy?
    Yes, glitchy / weird / broken. Shark which looked like it has something attached to its body, like a ship or something that was hard to identify because I didn't really want to spend too much time around it to take a better look. Apparently that shark spawned in the house (ugh...) and I didn't even know he was there as he was hidden under ground most of the time, but once he started chasing me, he was occasionally floating above the ground so I was able to see him a little better then. Needless to say that meeting a flying shark in the house and then being chased by him in the world where all the water is frozen was a pretty weird experience. Two words came to my mind when I saw him: Broken Jaws.

  12. #27
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    1
    Sounds perfect.

  13. #28
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Sounds perfect.
    So... That's the goal of this mod? To put the broken, wildest, weirdest, craziest nightmares all together into this game?

  14. #29
    Tracker Mumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    1
    I dont think this mod has a "goal"
    what you define as "broken" is not, works as intended
    "wildest, weirdest, craziest" we aint bound to the same points of view and nothign is thrown all together into the game

    this is calculated, curated, tested and intended this way.
    you always have vanilla.... or fortnite if you dislike it.
    Last edited by Mumpfy; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:27 PM.

  15. #30
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumpfy View Post
    we aint bound to the same points of view
    This is the only part where you have a valid point, the rest was unnecessary and uncalled-for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •