Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 83

Thread: Winter Project 2019

  1. #31
    Tracker Mumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    1
    i know.

    my comment also works as intended
    Last edited by Mumpfy; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:33 PM.

  2. #32
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,645
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    So... That's the goal of this mod? To put the broken, wildest, weirdest, craziest nightmares all together into this game?
    One goal is to showcase the possibilities; this mod has an incredible amount of behind the scenes stuff that Sphereii and Xyth share with the community. Consider it a working prototype. It's okay if you don't appreciate it.

  3. #33
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    One goal is to showcase the possibilities; this mod has an incredible amount of behind the scenes stuff that Sphereii and Xyth share with the community. Consider it a working prototype. It's okay if you don't appreciate it.
    Guppy, I appreciate all the hard work Xyth and Sphereii are doing! Heck, I wouldn't want to play 7 Days to Die without their NPCs, Wandering traders and Bandits and they know it. It's just that I didn't expect something like this to happen in this mod, I mean I did expect weird stuff to happen, I've seen gameplays of older version back in Alpha 17, but this shark was just weird for me, you know? I mean if someone likes it, good for them, I'm happy for them, but I think I expected something different here. Flying sharks that jump at me from underground where I can't even see them is just not my favorite thing.

    If this mod is just a proof of concept of the DMT features, then that would make sense. Otherwise, I would be confused.
    Last edited by mr.devolver; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:52 PM.

  4. #34
    Tracker Mumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    1
    so that was the comment you should post, this last one, not what you said. this last comment is feedback and critisism, which is fine, the other one was sarcastic and not nice at all.

  5. #35
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumpfy View Post
    so that was the comment you should post, this last one, not what you said. this last comment is feedback and critisism, which is fine, the other one was sarcastic and not nice at all.
    Oh so this is how you interpret it. In that case I'm sorry that you didn't understand, there was no attempt to be sarcastic or not nice at all, I was simply asking question out of curiosity or rather confusion.

  6. #36
    Tracker Mumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    1
    thats fine, we may interpret and understand things differently, we may even have different opinions. and i think you alredy know what i think you should do with yours. dont want to flood WP with this chat, its pointless. not even my mod so im out.

  7. #37
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumpfy View Post
    thats fine, we may interpret and understand things differently, we may even have different opinions. and i think you alredy know what i think you should do with yours. dont want to flood WP with this chat, its pointless. not even my mod so im out.
    Have a nice day.

  8. #38
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    1
    Chill friends :-) For the record the shark works pretty well until like many animals he clips into a building then things become, glitchy. Its the first entity in this game to my knowledge, that uses a technique to allow it to be underground and move. This mode is doubly challenging because the ground is about 11 blocks above normal. I tried something difficult and got it mostly working, and rather than letting perfection get in the way of showing to other modders what is possible, I chose to have a little fun with it despite its imperfection. If someone doesn't like it, they can just comment out 1 line of xml. But, so far most folks find it funny, or terrifying, or just a good source of meat in a hungry world.

  9. #39
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Chill friends :-) For the record the shark works pretty well until like many animals he clips into a building then things become, glitchy. Its the first entity in this game to my knowledge, that uses a technique to allow it to be underground and move. This mode is doubly challenging because the ground is about 11 blocks above normal. I tried something difficult and got it mostly working, and rather than letting perfection get in the way of showing to other modders what is possible, I chose to have a little fun with it despite its imperfection. If someone doesn't like it, they can just comment out 1 line of xml. But, so far most folks find it funny, or terrifying, or just a good source of meat in a hungry world.
    I can handle a lot of strange things, after all we all love and play zombie killing game, but flying sharks lurking under the house to me are the same as spiders to people who suffer from arachnophobia. Too scary.

  10. #40
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    I can handle a lot of strange things, after all we all love and play zombie killing game, but flying sharks lurking under the house to me are the same as spiders to people who suffer from arachnophobia. Too scary.
    The other evening, I fell down a a place in the Dishong Tower. I was trapped. I could only nerd pole a few times before hitting bullet proof glass. The room was sealed in cement otherwise.

    I had my stone axe. I started chipping away at the glass, trying to go up. The entire time, the shark was on the other side of the bullet proof glass.. pacing.. waiting....

    Longest 30 minutes of my life.

  11. #41
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    1
    We've been pushing tweaks for the last week, so I'd like to re-cap on some of the latest changes we've done.

    1) Food now takes longer to do its thing.
    2) Tin Foil and Insulated items should do its thing, as expected.
    3) Random Gen and Navezgane world now behave properly, so these can be played normally now.
    4) Better support for Localization in other languages.

  12. #42
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    How do I download this module

  13. #43
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by canying View Post
    How do I download this module
    Two Ways, as per op:

    1) Use the 7D2D Mod Launcher, and install the sphereii-mental/Winter Project 2019 mod

    2) Download the mod directly from the GitHub Link and install it using the DMT Tool. The DMT Tool needs to point to the Mods folder inside of the download link, and pointing to a copy of Vanilla 7 Days to die.

  14. #44
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    0
    Love that there's something new to discover again. Found 1 small bug with big impact: resting on big beds regenerates hunger instead of draining it, that one def needs fixing. (I didn't try out small beds, may have the same bug).

  15. #45
    Colony Founder sphereii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Love that there's something new to discover again. Found 1 small bug with big impact: resting on big beds regenerates hunger instead of draining it, that one def needs fixing. (I didn't try out small beds, may have the same bug).
    Thank you, its been adjusted.

    Stamina is tied to food, so we couldn't re-gen stamina without regening food. I removed the regening of stamina / reduction of food. Now your health goes up, but only at the expense of water level. It's a happy medium until we can figure out another way to do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •