Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Suggestions to increase realism

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonik View Post
    Example of a mixed pve/pvp game "Xsyon". It sucks it barley has any fan base. It is a dying game cause it has no pvp only server or no pve server it is only a pve/pve server there mixed. Any game that mixes dies time and time again has shown this this is why most companies want mix it.

You are against separation? Your a fool if you don't pay close attention to other games and the way they handle this by giving players all options. You basically want the player to have no options but the way you want the game style to be. You couldn't have said it any clearer in your statements.

Quote "Pve only and pvp only option seems to be a very logical and good option but is eventually harmful for the game."

You also get a bloody immersive game world.

What I see is that if you can't think a little out of the box or try to find a solution somewhere in the middle, you are bound to think in a very stale way.

As mr.Tanimura correctly said, "start taking away aspects of a game because they are "inconveniencing" and you will not have a game anymore." (Referring to the difficulty of Dark Souls and pvp being a part of it)

You know... this stupid pve/pvp distinction didn't even use to exist.

This was all you telling all the people who backed this game they shouldn't get options and should all play on one server deal type.
    First off this game isn't being developed for the PVP it was being developed for a SP game style play but they gave option for players to play together instead of a single person game then they added in options so you could pvp on the co-op as well. OPTIONS my friend OPTIONS.

So the only next best thing to do is to allow the guy running the server to have the option to decide if he want's a pve server only or a pve server only or a pve/pvp mixed server. OPTIONS, OPTIONS, OPTIONS.

I'm asking you RestInPieses why are you against options?

Xsyon isn't giving the players options and it is dying other games that give them thrive. Contagieon Gives options 3 game modes single, co-op, and co-op pvp. It is doing real well. I bought it my self cause I have options. When a game don't give me options I throw it in the trash can. It has to be my way. If a game maker want give me options then to hell with them. TFP is all about giving the players options that's why a lot of us love them. Bees with the option to turn them off that's right a option.

The way you speak you are not for giving players options but some style of game that only you and a handful of others would want. I think about the whole that's why I've always mentioned on subjects like this 3 game modes pve only, pvp only, and a mixed pve/pvp. I never deny any gamers style of play. Never! It is a do and don't in a long list in the mmo industry. Sad part some indy developers don't even know what this list is. If you are un sure of what I'm talking about ask one of TFP's one of them use to work on dcuo for soe he would know about this do and don't list.

I'm sure most people are getting confused on what 7DtD really is besides it's a zombie game. There isn't no major servers by TFP that the only way to play is to log on there server and play like WOW, EQ titles and so forth. The majority of the servers will be ran by players and they need options to run the server there way.
    I really dont have much to say on this topic but I want to comment on Xsyon. You should give that man more credit about 95% of that game is completely done by one man and one man only and it has a lot of issues but its actually a damn good game for one person creating it over 2 years ago when the only other two games similiar were minecraft and wurm online. That guy busts his chops and they just got green light on steam so the player base is growing again. Also they are adding a new pve server when they release on steam to go with the pvp server. Xsyon has come a very long way especially for one dev and no funding but the few hundred people that play its subscription fees.

Hadn't heard of Xsyon till now, but that game looks to have great potential if the budget was there for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cronius77 View Post
    I really dont have much to say on this topic but I want to comment on Xsyon. You should give that man more credit about 95% of that game is completely done by one man and one man only and it has a lot of issues but its actually a damn good game for one person creating it over 2 years ago when the only other two games similiar were minecraft and wurm online. That guy busts his chops and they just got green light on steam so the player base is growing again. Also they are adding a new pve server when they release on steam to go with the pvp server. Xsyon has come a very long way especially for one dev and no funding but the few hundred people that play its subscription fees.
    Never said Xsyon sucked. Jooky has done a great job by him self. But his biggest mistake was when he launched and had several servers he never had a pve only server they all was pve/pvp combined. When things started to go down hill he didn't turn one into a pve server which made him loose even more players.

But yes the game is great he just did a do and don't mistake. He has a test server which people really don't even use he should have turned into a pve server long time ago.

In Wurm Online I've seen countless pvp players ask to have all servers combined. Rolf has sad no 1000 times if not more over the years cause he has 2 pvp servers which 1 has no more than 80 players and the other has no more than around 130 but his pve servers have 500 and 2 have over 1k players on each.

Soon as jooky finally adds a pve server and the world gets out he will find out he should have done it long time ago cause I can assure you he will have to have like 3 to 4 pve servers to handle the player base.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Hadn't heard of Xsyon till now, but that game looks to have great potential if the budget was there for it.
    500,000 $ + 35$ for Alpha pre release is not enough of budget?

2 Full-time Developers created this game with help of 3 Part-time guys for over last 2 years.
    They hired 3 more developers after Kickstarter debut and you are telling me there is no budget for development?

Quote Originally Posted by obo View Post
    500,000 $ + 35$ for Alpha pre release is not enough of budget?

2 Full-time Developers created this game with help of 3 Part-time guys for over last 2 years.
    They hired 3 more developers after Kickstarter debut and you are telling me there is no budget for development?
    Unless you have developed such a complex game on an equal or smaller budget, keep all judgement to yourself. You clearly have no idea what it takes to make a project like this come to fruition.

We're kind of drifting off on the main topic here but what the hell.
    I actually agree with RestInPieces, PVP is just going to be part of the game, the only thing they can do is stall the moment before you meet any PVP players if they can't punish PVP gameplay.
    Right now PVP is no fun at all with unfair spawns and players who just keep coming at you untill you're death

Dayz actually started as a bro-op experience.
    I remember some forum set up a small clan I was part of, we recruited new members everyday and not many people dared to PVP us and we didn't care about PVP'ing them.
    The game was brand new and we figured that staying together would double our changes of survival.
    As the game grew in popularity many new players joined and the "Friendly?" mentality died off completely.
    The creators tried to do something about it but they gave up very soon.
    The game was fun at first but just because I was playing with friends, the game itself was and still is way too glitchy and clunky.

7 Days to Die has zombies that are actually dangerous and the fact that you can destroy every block and build it back up means that there's allot of things to do besides PVP.
    Last edited by Dr Shrimp; 11-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.

I had another thought that could help with the pvp issue as well. They could allow us to place multiple sleeping bags an on death allow us to choose a respawn point. Probably limit this to a few options. This will help to alleviate problems with someone spawn camping my sleeping bag. Just need the for sight to hide a bed underground somewhere.

Its not really pvp that needs to be controlled so much as a mechanic to prevent or hinder griefing. I know you will never be able to completely stop the griefing but at least making it more difficult would be nice. I personally will only play on my private server so long as I know that I may be severely punished by a pvp griefer. I like pve/pvp but a balancing mechanic needs to be implemented. IF a good solution/middle ground could be devised and developed, I think more individuals would take an active part in the pvp system.

Also, I think it adds more the the realism of an apocalypse to know that not everyone has your best interest in heart and can add more to the game in regards to survival and makes it more realistic. Just gotta prevent people from going over board.

Survivor
    And have you developed any project at all?

1 Full time developer = 50-60.000 $ per annum x 5 = 300,000 on staff salaries
    And you are left with 200.000 + 35$ from pre-Alpha release for rest of the implementations.
    Not to mention investors...

Its a simple math thats all
    Last edited by obo; 11-05-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by obo View Post
    And have you developed any project at all?

1 Full time developer = 50-60.000 $ per annum x 5 = 300,000 on staff salaries
    And you are left with 200.000 + 35$ from pre-Alpha release for rest of the implementations.
    Not to mention investors...

Its a simple math thats all
    Um you stirred off topic fast. Fox was talking about Xsyon if it had the funds I don't think he was speaking about 7DtD. Xsyon had way more than 500,000 when it launched from sales.

To the other topic on pve/pvp I'm glad TFP are making this and not a bunch of WarZ fans.
    Last edited by Arkonik; 11-05-2013 at 03:00 PM.