Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Announcement A18.3 b4 goes EXP

  1. #31
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,984
    Rep Power
    2
    “How long” questions are above my clearance level. However, Snowdog is usually game to answer such things....

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    The future is A19 and it will kill A18 so as long as the bug fixes are going there it’s all good. A19 is closer than you might think and at some point it becomes a waste of time moving stuff from A19 to A18.
    I think the problem is we who, mind you we do not get a paycheck from TFP for our work, report bugs deserve some kind of feedback from the QA Testers. The lack of communication on part of the QA Testers is what makes us players who take time out of our day to write up a report feel ignored.

    I could give example after example of this happening but all one needs to do is look at the bug reporting section for a month and you will see.
    If we the players who are not paid to report bugs takes the time out of our day to write up a report, the very least the QA Testers could do in return is just acknowledge the report in a timely manner and without a player needing to complain in order to get a response. If proper communication happened between the testers and the players then none of us would feel as if we are wasting our time reporting.

    EDIT: I want to say this has not always been an issue, only after A18 dropped. Prior to this going back to A14 (A14 for me is when i started reporting) the QA Testers were always really good about responding. Not sure what changed when A18 dropped.

    EDIT: for better clarification I added this to my statement. "f we the players who are not paid to report bugs takes the time out of our day to write up a report, the very least the QA Testers could do in return is just acknowledge the report in a timely manner and without a player sometimes needing to complain in order to get a response. "
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:41 AM.

  3. #33
    Colony Founder KhaineGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    1
    To add on to the above, something simple like "Confirmed, ticket submitted" might help players feel as if their reports are valued and listened to.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    To add on to the above, something simple like "Confirmed, ticket submitted" might help players feel as if their reports are valued and listened to.
    +1 Something as simple as that would be enough I think. I cannot speak for everyone but that works for me.

  5. #35
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,984
    Rep Power
    2
    Newest Bug thread has 37/50 posts responded to by a QA team member. Of the posts not responded to only a few of them were bug reports and the rest were people responding to other people or making non-bug comments like they shouldn't be doing.

    I don't see what you mean by no responses. Maybe they are improving and the newest thread is a fluke. I'll go do a bit of counting in the previous one. Be right back....

    Previous bug thread has 78/134 posts responded to by a QA team member.
    Last edited by Roland; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:10 AM.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Counting will not give an honest picture of what is going on. That is why I said one needs to view the bug section for a month. Everyday for a month and you will see the pattern. I could explain in depth but again, I direct people to watching the section for a month to see. All of us who report bugs know exactly what I'm talking about.

    EDIT: I'll give one example of myself. I reported a bug that was indeed a bug. 3 weeks went by without a response from any QA Tester. Once I complained and brought exactly what I brought up here to the QA Testers they went and looked at every report I made and then responded.

    That 1 bug I reported that went 3 weeks without being responded to...once I complained they responded with "verified and reported". I had to complain in order for my report to be seen, which is not what i was trying to do nor should any player have to do. Same thing happened to JaxTeller718 others.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:03 AM.

  7. #37
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,984
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Counting will not give an honest picture of what is going on. That is why I said one needs to view the bug section for a month. Everyday for a month and you will see the pattern. I could explain in depth but again, I direct people to watching the section for a month to see. All of us who report bugs know exactly what I'm talking about.
    Uh....okay....

    You say the QA team doesn't respond to anyone and I show they do and then suddenly the evidence doesn't show the correct picture? Most of the responses are them taking the time to say "Thank you, noted." and "Confirmed" which is exactly what you said would be great.

    Taking in the two threads I counted goes back to December which is a month's worth of time. If you are going to accuse the QA team of ignoring bug reports or of not at least acknowledging them please be more specific about what you are talking about. Link me to one of your bug reports that got ignored, please.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    I never accused the QA Testers of ignoring please do not put words in my mouth. I said it feels like we are being ignored not that the QA Testers are ignoring us.

    EDIT: mind you I am not the only one who has voiced this. 3 other people in this thread has stated they feel the same exact way and they stopped reporting as well because of the feeling of being ignored.

    If there is this many that feel the same way, maybe that is because we are telling the truth. If it was only I then I would say huh maybe its just me.

    EDIT: I also never said the QA Teams doesn't respond to anyone. Again please do not put words in my mouth that i never said.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:12 AM.

  9. #39
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,984
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    I never accused the QA Testers of ignoring please do not put words in my mouth. I said it feels like we are being ignored not that the QA Testers are ignoring us.

    EDIT: mind you I am not the only one who has voiced this. 3 other people in this thread has stated they feel the same exact way and they stopped reporting as well because of the feeling of being ignored.

    If there is this many that feel the same way, maybe that is because we are telling the truth. If it was only I then I would say huh maybe its just me.
    I know it isn't just you. Those others are welcome to speak up and tell me that all those examples over the past month where they are responding to bug reports don't count either...lol

    I'm sorry if you and those others are feeling ignored. I don't know what to tell you. But QA are reading bug reports and responding as they see fit and judging by the only metric I know how to use it seems like they are doing a pretty good job.

    Also people tend to report the bugs that bother THEM the most and those bugs may not be priority fixes at the moment. If I had a nickel for every bug that was reported as being game breaking that wasn't remotely game breaking I'd be at the gift card change machine right now signing up for a free dinner at Outback Steakhouse.....

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I know it isn't just you. Those others are welcome to speak up and tell me that all those examples over the past month where they are responding to bug reports don't count either...lol

    I'm sorry if you and those others are feeling ignored. I don't know what to tell you. But QA are reading bug reports and responding as they see fit and judging by the only metric I know how to use it seems like they are doing a pretty good job.

    Also people tend to report the bugs that bother THEM the most and those bugs may not be priority fixes at the moment. If I had a nickel for every bug that was reported as being game breaking that wasn't remotely game breaking I'd be at the gift card change machine right now signing up for a free dinner at Outback Steakhouse.....
    I believe the QA Testers do indeed read 90% of the bug reports, the other 10% are those who are ignored because they fail to fill out the report properly...they should be ignored lol. Its just the feeling of being ignored is what bothers us. Do they do there job...yes no doubt about it. Its just a feeling we get and maybe thats our problem and not the problem of the QA Testers.

    EDIT: Edited my previous post to better clarify what I meant so no one else misinterprets what I mean.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:41 AM.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    In your dreams chillin' with Freddy
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    @Roland Here is another example.

    Here is JaxTeller718 reporting a bug https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1082408

    3 reports below that was responded to. (I know this because I look at the bug reports daily) yet Jax report was ignored.
    1 week later Jax had to comment again and only after stating "No worries fixed it myself since no one seemed to notice our reports" was his report actually acknowledged.
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1084431

    People feel they are being ignored because they file a report and do not get a response yet there could be 10 more reports that get reported after that and they get a response. It's no suprise why some of us feel as if we are being ignored.

    The bug I used as an example that I reported that did not get a response for 3 weeks, same thing happened to me. I reported it..days go by no response. Other report bugs after my report and they get a response yet mine did not. I complained and only then, 3 weeks later did it finally get a response of verified and reported.

    I hope this paints a better picture as to why players feel they are being ignored.
    anyways I've let my voice be heard enough about this issue I'll shut up now lol.


    Because I am a man of my word and I told Schwanz900 I would link this should this ever come up again.

    Here is a link to my discussion I had with one of the QA Testers when I brought this up on 11-13-2019
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...245-QA-Testers


    "I can assure you that QA is working feverishly to try and squash as many bugs as possible. Working through bug reports is one of our top priorities. Sometimes the reports are very quick to reproduce and easy to respond to. Sometimes it takes hours/days/weeks to figure out how Johnny D got his 4x4 to disappear into the night. Sometimes, these reports lead us to finding other bugs that no one even knows about and are fixed behind the scenes. It all takes time.

    We see your reports and are VERY thankful for your help. We just don't always have the opportunity to reply to everything. Personally, in the newest threads, I've tried to address as many as possible." -schwanz9000
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:26 AM.

  12. #42
    Colony Founder Prisma501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NL - Tilburg
    Posts
    1,377
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    And you honestly believe the item won't also be removed?
    Long way from "it IS going to be removed" to "i just hope they leave the holdtype" to support some other modder in calling Joel a liar.

    Get the point?

    Cheers

  13. #43
    Zombie Hunter NukemDed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    nz
    Posts
    462
    Rep Power
    1
    do we have to have a personal acknowledgement all of the time?
    write something into the forum mechanics where devs qa and moderators can check a box on a post that lets them know it has been seen.
    options like 'first report, under investigation' or 'read - thanks' or 'reported already' or 'more info please' or whatever
    simple click and done.
    lets posters know that they have been seen, with minimal interaction
    provides a way to see if all posts have been at least reviewed, for management, and posters
    provides metrics, for management, on engagement with the community from devs qa mods

    no more wasting time counting post replies, pull up the kpis

    but ffs dont dumb it down to a bottle blonde 'like'

  14. #44
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ravenhearst
    Posts
    4,660
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisma501 View Post
    Long way from "it IS going to be removed" to "i just hope they leave the holdtype" to support some other modder in calling Joel a liar.

    Get the point?

    Cheers
    Well, with the splat maps implemented and the terrain being locked you CANT revert to the old farming, just like it was said we could so.... no need to wait for the hoe to be removed, that promise was broken months ago

  15. #45
    Colony Founder KhaineGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    2,225
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisma501 View Post
    Long way from "it IS going to be removed" to "i just hope they leave the holdtype" to support some other modder in calling Joel a liar.

    Get the point?

    Cheers
    No, I don't. The model WILL get removed because they've been cleaning up the asset files and I believe they are redoing the models for most of the tools in A19.

    And I do hope the hold type remains, because I believe (and may be wrong on this) that the hold type just tells the UMA where to place the players hands and what animations to play on left/right click. So in theory, that would be a lot of work to just remove and shouldn't take a large amount of data to just leave in.

    Fact of the matter is, I am PRETTY sure we were told the old farming could be put back with some simple XML edits (would have to go looking to check). That will no longer be the case.

    Please stop trying to argue for the sake of it. You've really been on that kick of late and it is not helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Well, with the splat maps implemented and the terrain being locked you CANT revert to the old farming, just like it was said we could so.... no need to wait for the hoe to be removed, that promise was broken months ago
    I actually got it working without disabling the splat after talking to Joel. You HAVE to use the texture from terrDirt or it doesn't work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •