Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred Partner Comments

Preferred Partner Comments

+1 to DocHussey, you get the Seal of Approval from me, and everyone else who knows you well.

AU servers coming up shortly!

Australia servers are now live, they will be added soon and hfgameservers.com is saying a massive thank you for letting us into the family and we hope to keep providing you with the best servers available!

Survivor
    one question about the coop survival server. when it resets do our creations get destroyed would like to know before me and some friends make a big compound and waste a day or two

Do we not get to be recommended?

Survivor
    I feel like you should at least direct people to a guide for Portforwarding so people won't be charged an insane amount for 3rd party hosting :/

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfAlpha View Post
    I feel like you should at least direct people to a guide for Portforwarding so people won't be charged an insane amount for 3rd party hosting :/
    $40 for 32 players is hardly an insane amount...not when you have a good group of people willing to donate to for the server, that's $1.25 each per month.

Would be nice to see discounted billing cycles though, like 3,6 and 12 month plans, which are usually standard by now for server hosting.

P.s nice idea with the teamspeak! will check it out later on.

If HFG don't see your post by the time I jump on the TS, I'll mention that to them.

As a customer of theirs (Hostile Faction Gaming) - I can honestly say they're one of the best server hosts I've been with. They're not faceless forms you type in, they're actual people.. just like you and me. Except they probably work more. But primarily they make game servers because they're gamers themselves.

Hostile Faction have a 30 slot for $32 - that's about $1 per slot. I know its two less slots, but hey - quality over quantity as far as I'm concerned. Their AU servers are.. well, it's like playing SSP, with other people. On their US/EU servers, I hit about 210~220ms. Good enough for me!

Just set up a donation thing if you own a server you'd be surprised how many people chip in if they have a good time.

Portforwarding differs on what modem you use. It would be highly impractical to release a full guide. Also, there is a guide already made in the 7daystodiewiki.

also, portforwarding.com has individual guides specifically for YOUR modem. As i said, its different for every person.

Refugee
    I gotta say, HFG's Chicago based server is amazing.

Co-Op Survival and PvP Survival never reset! As long as they stay alive, that is.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHussey View Post
    Co-Op Survival and PvP Survival never reset! As long as they stay alive, that is.
    thank you for the reply
    +1 for this server it rocks and /bump

Thank you for your kind words eggster, i would like to say that we now have (AU) Sydney, Australia servers available and we also have three public AUS servers up to freely play on.

Quote Originally Posted by eggster View Post
    I gotta say, HFG's Chicago based server is amazing.

Colony Founder
    One of the things that caused me to run my own server (I was hosting with one of the above mentioned providers), is that I'm in the US and their support seemed to be in the UK or something. Either way, I had to wait full days to get replies to server down issues, and when a new alpha comes out, it can take a day or more depending on the update to get your server updated and running again. Then again, I'm perfectly capable of figuring out the issues on my own and other people are not or just don't want to. So... hosting is a good option for many people for various reasons.

I can't completely blame the host though, as this is alpha and things are changing a lot, it's hard to keep up. But that being said, I can't see why these hosts aren't given advanced copies to at least know what they are going to have to update before the new version is mass released. Considering that people get advanced copies to post videos on youtube...

Survivor
    great moderators for the server gotta thank DocHussey for his prompt support after some griefers decided to ruin our base.