Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Preferred Partner Comments

Preferred Server Partner BluefangServers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xercesblue View Post
    I will say after looking at the history of Nova's posts and the extremely professional response by Ping and Doc that this seems like an extremely hard to please and misleading person. He has bashed almost all of the hosts at this point. In my job I have to deal with customers AND software vendors/hosts all of the time and I can tell you that the line is drawn when people start being rude. No company should lose business because of one crazy customer.

On another side note I want to say BlueFangSolutions is Awesome!

I went with gameservers.com first and they had several issues that caused me to want to move to another company. They took a long time to get everything working for me however they did eventually but then there were issues with the server shortly after and the support took a while to respond and assist. Then there was a major update and they posted on the control panel that they were working on getting the files working properly (I think that was 10.1 or 10.2) can't remember exactly.

I waited about a day or two and then went to bluefangsolutions. Their support was almost immediate in helping me even when I asked them to see what was wrong and it was MY fault it messed up. The tech still fixed it and told me what I messed up. I felt stupid but obviously didn't blame them. There was another update and they had it working almost immediately. The ONLY problem I had with BlueFang themselves was with their control panel. It's called Overseer and I was on version 1.0. The server glitched and the tech told me that it's a problem with overseer 1.0 and it's fixed with 2.0. The tech then upgraded me to 2.0 which didn't cost anything extra and it worked with zero issues since then. I've been on there probably about 3 months and have had no issues.

At no point did the techs I worked with suggest to go to the premium support nor were they difficult to deal with. They do try to move customers in the direction of editing the XML files themselves but seriously, how hard is it to do that? Open it up, change the settings in there from 0, 1, 2, 3 etc with clearly indicated brackets saying what to edit as well as the variables to choose from and what they do, then Save. I would hope that no one is deterred from the previous posts in the forum by the person that seemed to put quotes from the support out of context while omitting their own responses that made them look unfavorable, another issue I have with crappy customers in my line of work.

BlueFang lets you edit everything you want. You have FTP access straight from the web page and you can connect via FTP client if you want. I've also been able to use custom recipes and connect the Frontrunnertek Server Manager (an awesome program). From the control panel you can easily reboot the server and see resource usage. I have a small server but they gave me an obscene amount of memory for it. Far more than I'll most likely ever use. I've been restraining myself from using mods for now because the Dev's seem to be politely asking people to not use them for now to avoid confusion in submitting problems to support but the premium support option that costs extra seems to be geared more towards that crowd to assist people that want help making major changes to the game files and use mods to augment things.

I wish Doc didn't have to waste time working with hosting providers just to find out that someone is just being a ♥♥♥♥ty customer and/or person so that more time can be spent working on zip-lining swat zombies and fat zombie cops on mobility scooters.

I'm new to the forums, just wanted to post my feedback.
    This is a great review with awesome information. Do you mind if we send this to potential customers to read and/or publish on our website? It's good to see customers that understand our point of view with Early Access games and are willing to cooperate with us and be patient.

Banned
    After a very lengthy and disturbing debacle with your competitors, I'm in search of a new 7 Days to Die host.

So, who out there would like to run a Black Friday promotion with X% off of new hosting for me?

Best offer gets my business.

Quick question about blue fang. I see two options for "upgrades" when renting a server. Are these needed at all?

Preferred Server Partner BluefangServers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
    Quick question about blue fang. I see two options for "upgrades" when renting a server. Are these needed at all?
    Hey there,

Just wanted to reply (even if its a bit late). The two options you are talking about are most likely the Silver Support and High CPU. Both options have a description below them on every product page that gives you ample information on whether or not you should get them. If you have any hesitation about them our recommendation is to just not get them as they are not absolutely necessary for your service to run at a decent performance rate.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by BluefangServers View Post
    This is a great review with awesome information. Do you mind if we send this to potential customers to read and/or publish on our website? It's good to see customers that understand our point of view with Early Access games and are willing to cooperate with us and be patient.
    If you'd like another one for potential customers to read then please feel free to use mine:

Created a support ticket on the 21/2/2016, still not resolved on the 6/3/2016, decided to close the ticket and seek another server provider.

This was for a simple billing issue which required an answer of either "yes, this is correct" or "no, it's a mistake it should be xx"

GameServers.com

So I have been hosting my server with them for a few weeks now and everything seemed on par. Came home yesterday to find that the entire server had been reset. What was odd was that when some of our community had logged on a littler earlier only some of our items were missing. Custom structures and some chests were there but underground caves were gone. Then later that night when I logged on everything was gone... No alterations had been made to anything mod wise aside from a couple xml alterations for recipes and items that had been working perfectly.

I understand this is an early access game but with a game where countless hours can be spent building a character, gaining items, schematics, building only to have it gone in some freak data accident. I can't trust this company anymore and have moved to another provider.

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    I was looking to get a Aussie server for my friends to play on, I have never rented a server before so my first experience was inetresing and I wanted to share it.

I found Streamline Servers they seemed to have what we needed, a 7dtd server located in Australia at a reasonable price $20 per month and set up instantly once payment is processed SWEET.

I spend 10 minutes filling out details.

• But when I went to pay it crashed
    • Then it wouldn’t let me start the process again as it had created an account for me
    • So I logged into the account
    • Anytime you click on anything in the account it asks you to log in again
    • I try to pay again
    • This time it goes through to paypal but fails
    • I go back to the account and I now have 2 invoices
    • I see add funs so I do that, all it does is add another invoice
    • I create a support ticket
    • It crashes and says I don’t have a ticket
    • I log in again
    • I now only have 1 invoice and 1 ticket but no way to pay it
    • I have tried all the ways to pay and it crashes

This was frustrating experience, however I have been contacted by their support personal within 30 minutes and they have rectified the issue.

I have decided to proceed with the server and see how they go, I'll come back and post in a week to advise what its like and thanks to Dust2Death for advising of his experience.
    Last edited by ualldierealgood; 11-02-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ualldierealgood View Post
    I was looking to get a Aussie server for my friends to play on, I have never rented a server before so my first experience was inetresing and I wanted to share it.

I found Streamline Servers they seemed to have what we needed, a 7dtd server located in Australia at a reasonable price $20 per month and set up instantly once payment is processed SWEET.

I spend 10 minutes filling out details.

• But when I went to pay it crashed
    • Then it wouldn’t let me start the process again as it had created an account for me
    • So I logged into the account
    • Anytime you click on anything in the account it asks you to log in again
    • I try to pay again
    • This time it goes through to paypal but fails
    • I go back to the account and I now have 2 invoices
    • I see add funs so I do that, all it does is add another invoice
    • I create a support ticket
    • It crashes and says I don’t have a ticket
    • I log in again
    • I now only have 1 invoice and 1 ticket but no way to pay it
    • I have tried all the ways to pay and it crashes

So suffice to say if their support ever gets back to me I will cancel the invoice, if a company cannot even manage its webpage to allow payment how can it manage its servers?

If anything changes I will edit this post but just wanted any other aussie's out there to know to avoid this business.

Unless of course you've had a good experience and then please tell me.
    Ive used this company since the early Alpha's as they are one of the few that have AU servers.
    Never had a problem, their support has been fantastic when Ive used it.

I have since rented another server from them (brisbane - HPGS) last week. I used paypal and it went smoothly. No crashes, just seamless.

Sounds like your issues could have been potential Internet or Browser based problems (not saying that the website didnt have problems at the time of putting it through either).

Incidentally I have a friend who went through a few providers for ark before settling down at streamline as well.

Prior to streamline I had a Ping Perfect server, and someone else before that ( I dont think they are around anymore I cant even remember their name, but I didnt stay with them long at all.)

Wasnt a pleasant experience back then. (either Ping Perfect or the other I cant remember)
    Last edited by DUST2DEATH; 11-02-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks Dust, they contacted me and rectified the issue, so I have modified my original post, I'll test them out for week and report back.

By the way I have never rented a server before, once its up and running how do I access it?

do I just load up 7dtd in steam and then look for my severe in the list?

Quote Originally Posted by ualldierealgood View Post
    Thanks Dust, they contacted me and rectified the issue, so I have modified my original post, I'll test them out for week and report back.

By the way I have never rented a server before, once its up and running how do I access it?

do I just load up 7dtd in steam and then look for my severe in the list?
    Once you have been processed, they will send you a control panel email that has a seperate username and password that you use at https://streamlinepanel.com

In here you can then perform most tasks. Start/Stop/Restart the server, edit config files etc.
    Make sure you go through the config and set any passwords if they arent set already, gametypes etc.

Then, start the server. Once running, look for it in the server list, or use the IP directly and port number to connect. (It doesnt need to be in the list, just type it in at the bottom of the connect to server screen).

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    Once you have been processed, they will send you a control panel email that has a seperate username and password that you use at https://streamlinepanel.com

In here you can then perform most tasks. Start/Stop/Restart the server, edit config files etc.
    Make sure you go through the config and set any passwords if they arent set already, gametypes etc.

Then, start the server. Once running, look for it in the server list, or use the IP directly and port number to connect. (It doesnt need to be in the list, just type it in at the bottom of the connect to server screen).

I hope that helps.
    Thanks again buddy... we've successfully had up to 5 guys on the server at a time and besides 2 people being kicked out of the server once for some reason its all going well.

I worked out which files to modify after a bit of fiddling so the game settings are the way we wanted and we're all having fun.

I do have a question though, I have been shutting the server down every 5 days or so... as I noticed that the servers stats seem to show that memory usage continues to grow?

I'm not sure shutting it down helps but I sort of thought it might unload or uncache (if there is such a word) all the stuff held in the memory?

Do you know if that's the case or I should just keep it running all the time.

Thanks again mate