Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reducing FOV will NOT stop xray exploit people!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I haven't aged very well....
    lol
    I feel bad now, I thought the guy who portrayed you is a handsome fellow...

I don't play PvP and I don't know squat about X-ray exploits, but I know arguments and aren't you guys talking past one another?

ZombieSurvivor: locking down FOV will not prevent all X-ray exploits
    Grandpa: locking down FOV would prevent FOV X-ray exploits

ZS, do you disagree with Grandpa about the FOV-specific exploit? It seems you want to make a broader point about the wide variety of possible X-ray exploits, but are not addressing specifically and only the FOV-related exploit that Grandpa is talking about.

Has anybody claimed that changing the way FOV settings are handled will resolve all X-ray exploits?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boidster View Post
    I don't play PvP and I don't know squat about X-ray exploits, but I know arguments and aren't you guys talking past one another?

ZombieSurvivor: locking down FOV will not prevent all X-ray exploits
    Grandpa: locking down FOV would prevent FOV X-ray exploits

ZS, do you disagree with Grandpa about the FOV-specific exploit? It seems you want to make a broader point about the wide variety of possible X-ray exploits, but are not addressing specifically and only the FOV-related exploit that Grandpa is talking about.

Has anybody claimed that changing the way FOV settings are handled will resolve all X-ray exploits?
    lol ahhhh.....
    Read original message at the start of this thread.

Some players have this false belief that if the FOV is reduced and or locked, as it was prior to A18.3, that no one would be able to clip through the ground in order to cheat. This is simply untrue and false. I pretty much broke this down for anyone to understand in the original message and should be easy to grasp and understand. Those who refuse to accept this.... I really do not know what to tell them.

Edit: oh and yes players are claiming this including Grandpa Minion.
    examples https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1090360
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1087193
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1080851

The fact MM decided to turn the FOV slider back on in A18.3 has a few people thinking that the xray/clipping exploit is being abused again on PVP servers. The fact is, it has never stopped even when TFP turned off the FOV slider.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:25 PM.

Banned
    The goal of this thread is to inform the community that the fact TFP decided to turn it back on did not bring back the X-ray/clipping exploit. It has always been a thing regardless if the FOV slider is removed or not.

Survivor
    Yes, some smart people lack common sense. Why?
    Intelligent people often override common sense with their considerable brain power ó but this isnít always a good thing.

Smart people think in situations where they should feel, like in relationships. They may avoid the correct response because it doesnít seem rational when we all know that life isnít always rational.

There is an old saying in life that says "that dude is the smartest guy i know but he has the least common sense of anyone i know."

book smart vs street smart

Intelligence 18, Wisdom 7, Charisma 2 is a thing....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Intelligence 18, Wisdom 7, Charisma 2 is a thing....
    That sounds about right for my real life stats, well maybe a 1 for Charisma lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Minion View Post
    Yes, some smart people lack common sense. Why?
    Intelligent people often override common sense with their considerable brain power — but this isn’t always a good thing.

Smart people think in situations where they should feel, like in relationships. They may avoid the correct response because it doesn’t seem rational when we all know that life isn’t always rational.

There is an old saying in life that says "that dude is the smartest guy i know but he has the least common sense of anyone i know."
    I'm starting to think you took this thread as a personal attack on your knowledge of how this game works. Just know this thread is by no means directed at you in order to make you feel bad. I'm sorry if you are offended but I already explained to you in a private message my motivation. anyways, since you have not responded to https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1091911 I'm assuming you now understand.

The slider is back for good. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Read original message at the start of this thread.
    LOL ahhh, okay bro. I read the original message a couple of times actually. And I read GM's post here and those three posts you linked to. Still seems to me there is at best some talking-past-eachother going on and at worst some strawman-flogging. But whatever I don't play PvP so I'll butt right back out of this thread sorry for the interruption.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    LOL ahhh, okay bro. I read the original message a couple of times actually. And I read GM's post here and those three posts you linked to. Still seems to me there is at best some talking-past-eachother going on and at worst some strawman-flogging. But whatever I don't play PvP so I'll butt right back out of this thread sorry for the interruption.
    LOL no worries. Most people don't play PvP, and the game wasn't designed for it.

This only affects a very small number of people.

Banned
    no problem man. Yeah this is an issue for us who play pvp.

Banned
    For those that want proof. Here are the results of the test I just did. Max FOV, I was able to clip as well as the min.

Note: surprisingly it was a lot harder do this exploit in A18.3 not sure if anything changed or I'm just rusty at clipping. I was getting so frustrated I resorted to using my other method of clipping I've nicknamed "Madmole vision". I know the nickname sounds dumb but if you saw it you would laugh and understand why I call it that lol.

FOV 85
    Spoiler: 

FOV 69
    Spoiler: 

FOV 50
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:23 PM.

Refugee
    Blimey, I remember this being an issue 2/3 years ago when I was in a group that ran their own servers... Still not solved...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ding View Post
    Blimey, I remember this being an issue 2/3 years ago when I was in a group that ran their own servers... Still not solved...

Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:06 PM.