Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reducing FOV will NOT stop xray exploit people!!!

Banned

Exclamation Reducing FOV will NOT stop xray exploit people!!!

I keep reading in the bug reporting section about how players are reporting the fact by TFP turning back on FOV slider has brought back xray vision. Allow me to clear this up once and for all because listening to these players cry about it and the fact they have no clue what they are talking about is really annoying.

It doesn't matter how much FOV is reduced it will NEVER stop the xray vision exploit. When the fov slider was turned off, sorry to tell you....it never stopped the players from using xray vision. You might have felt it did and told your self it did but guess what, that was a false belief. The xray exploit has and never will stop in this game, get over it and stop claiming that turning off the FOV slider is the answer.

TFP could reduce FOV down to 45 and I can still do the Xray vision. How do I know? Because I've gone and tested it and I am able to Xray no matter what the FOV is unless it is below 25. So please, please stop claiming FOV slider being removed is the answer.

If you see a player claiming FOV slider is the issue please send that person a link to this thread so they can get educated.

EDIT: If you are that concerned about the xray vision exploit, start brainstorming how to fix it. I have spent many many hours trying to figure out a way to stop the xray vision in order to pitch the idea to TFP. I've come up with nothng. I have no doubt TFP have spent many of hours and probably a few meetings talking about how to stop xray vision and they have had no luck. I know 1 of the moderators has spent a long time trying to figure out a solution as well and he cannot come up with a fix and that dude is smart as hell.

EDIT2: Note there are more ways than one to do the xray exploit. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1091757

EDIT3: Pictures showing verious FOV settings and still being able to use exploit.
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1092050
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:17 PM.

Nomad
    TFP could give FOV setting for server owners and the problem is partially solved

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kamer1337 View Post
    TFP could give FOV setting for server owners and the problem is partially solved
    Spoiler: 

Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:22 PM.

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post

don't Some people do not think things through before posting.
    If he had said something about you beeing wrong... but some people just read the header and then post things. Don't get riled up. Just hope thet TFPs will read this and see that changing FOV doesn't change it and will take a closer look. Don't expect the forums to have many brainlets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post

don't Some people do not think things through before posting.
    If he had said something about you beeing wrong... but some people just read the header and then post things. Don't get riled up. Just hope thet TFPs will read this and see that changing FOV doesn't change it and will take a closer look. Don't expect the forums to have many brainlets.
    lol thanks brotha, I appreciate you watching out for me. Don't worry I'm not going to flip out man. We all know I speak my mind and that gets me in trouble some times lol. I'm trying my hardest to bite my lip and change my behavior now days.
    I believe TFP and I are on the same exact page regarding this issue (FOV slider), kinda why (I believe) Joel added FOV slider back in . so no need for them to read this thread.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:17 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    Don't get riled up.

I'm bored so I made this lol.

Spoiler: 

https://youtu.be/ztCxilMDyDo?t=7
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:12 PM.

FOV is not the only way to X-Ray exploit. It might be the easiest, but there are several issues the dev's need to address.
    Schwanz9000

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schwanz9000 View Post
    FOV is not the only way to X-Ray exploit. It might be the easiest, but there are several issues the dev's need to address.
    Schwanz9000
    Exactly
    The X-Ray vision via motorcycle method, which I doubt anyone knows about and that I have nicknamed "Madmole Vision", is a perfect example of this.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:53 PM.

Survivor
    Dont listen to this guy he has no clue what he is talking about:

If the FTP can fix the FOV slider from being changed once a player is logged in: Server owners and admins can set a designated amount allowed on their servers to keep people from exploiting it once a player logs in.

As it is now an admin or server owner can change a persons FOV once they log in but is useless to do because people can just turn around readjust it without having to log out. ***THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO make FOV only able change before a player logs in*** that way once they do log in an admin or server owner can set a pre determined amount allowed for any player who logs in to their server.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Minion View Post
    Dont listen to this guy he has no clue what he is talking about:

If the FTP can fix the FOV slider from being changed once a player is logged in: Server owners and admins can set a designated amount allowed on their servers to keep people from exploiting it once a player logs in.

As it is now an admin or server owner can change a persons FOV once they log in but is useless to do because people can just turn around readjust it without having to log out. ***THE SIMPLE SOLUTION IS TO make FOV only able change before a player logs in*** that way once they do log in an admin or server owner can set a pre determined amount allowed for any player who logs in to their server.
    By all means explain to me exactly how I and TFP are wrong and I do not have a clue as to what I am talking about? I'm very curious to know your thoughts.

Survivor
    Since you have asked ill try to give you a few simple answers maybe that can help your thoughts:

FIRST: In the 16000+ hours I have playing in this game while running one of the biggest pvp servers over 4+ years i have never heard of any TFP playing PVP and im pretty sure if they did some of the bugs pvp players have to deal with on a daily basis would of been fixed by now.

SECOND: terrain quality, occlusion, view distance are video settings that players cant change once they log in. My issue is i believe it wouldnt take much to add FOV to this list. That way exploiters couldnt change the fov slider once they log in. Admins and server owners already have the ability to set a pre determined amount to stop most of the fov exploit but does no good since players can just readjust the slider once they log in. If you cant understand that I dont know how much more simple i can try to explain it for you to understand. Reguardless have a good day.

Banned
    What would be the point in giving FOV control to the server owners?

That does not stop the exploit, so I'm having a hard time understanding your logic or reasoning but I'm trying to.

EDIT: also it kinda looks like you did not bother to read any of the original message at the very top explaining that FOV does not stop xray/clipping exploit.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:09 PM.

Banned
    Also if you would like Grandpa Minion I can jump in the game right now and take screenshots of clipping/xray at whatever FOV you want me to.
    I guarantee you that I'll be able to clip/xray at any FOV setting you choose for me.

I haven't aged very well....

Professional Camel puncher! - Living on my Ship Drinking Grog
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I haven't aged very well....
    i don't think anyone has!