Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you make regular concrete blocks in Alpha 10?

Zombie Hunter
    Cool I didn't know concrete had so many pieces.

So, did I read people's posts right? - Is concrete, cobblestone, upgraded cobblestone all missing from the crafting in A10? (Presuming one doesn't want to use creative mode.)

I was happy to use the new reinforced concrete, but the wood molds on them are bugged. So, I guess we're left to look around the prefabs and scavenge what we can until it's fixed. Would the concrete used on gas station floors be the strongest alternative to crafted blocks?

Concrete is hardness 9, I think.

Not stellar and scrap metal beats it easily with multi-stage destruction. If you like the look.

Zombie Hunter
    Great! I guess I'm building a scrap metal base then, until the patch

Thanks!

I loot the concrete blocks from buildings. If you auger or pickaxe them they will be available to pick up.

Its tough work but you can get quite a few of them if you got an auger and some time.

however, i will be looking for new materials to build with as this is a pain in the ass lol.

Refugee

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumboman View Post
    You are such an industrious & considerate sweety! Thank you!

Refugee
    make re-bar frames, then use repair tool and wood planks or what ever the boards are before you make sticks...upgrade the re-bar with the wood...then pour your concrete mix....don't know how long it takes to harden yet...also don't know how to get the concert block out yet...lol
    Last edited by Lostsoul; 11-25-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Concrete is useless right now, because it doesn't actually upgrade. The best use of cement mix is that you can scrap it in your inventory for scrap metal. So we've put all our stone production into making cement mix, which we then turn into scrap metal for our new scrap metal base.

Going to the wastelands for concrete blocks isn't an option right now as the hordes of zombies is too much for the current state of our ammo production.

I can appreciate the new poured type of concrete blocks but this doesnt change that ramps, and stairs and everything even 1/2 blocks require that initial basic concrete block i dont see why the poured concrete is even thought to replace the standard concrete block which is, basic shouldnt be removed, the poured one is not only majorly more material intensive but its an upgraded block form. I want to be able to keep building my underground bunkers with standard blocks these poured blocks are silly materials. I can see farming blocks from buildings but that seems kinda stupid fixing something that isn't broke. If they are going to stick with this then they should adjust the rest of concrete so you can pour stair molds and everything that is made from concrete blocks. Seems like some lazy work imho right here.

Survivor