Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackbox servers Theft

Ranger

Blackbox servers Theft

AVOID BLACKBOX AT ALL COSTS;

I made the mistake of buying a 3 month subscription(5% off). For the entire first month, the server crashed 2-3 times a day. Lag was beyond awful. the TC Admin console glitched out/broke completely on several occasions. Their servers went down constantly due to lack of maintenance. When i asked them for technical support.... they had absolutely no idea How their own systems worked(they don't even know how to add a very simple firewall to their servers).. On TWO occasions they switched the IP of my server without informing me. This Caused me to lose 80% of my population ( everyone thought the server had died). It took over 48 hours for them to change it back. After opening over FIFTY tickets over the course of the month, and spending hours and hours dealing with their horrible customer support, i demanded a refund. They defended themselves by saying it wasn't their fault.... That my server was crashing because of mods i had installed ( i had NO mods and i had over 15 screenshots of their tech support admitting it was their faulty systems). After asking for a refund for my last unused 2 months, My tickets were then constantly put on hold for weeks! They were literally pushing my tickets aside. After i threatened them with a bad review online and a charge back they replied within 2 minutes! They finally gave in and offered me a 50% refund despite the fact i hadn't even used the last 2 months or despite the fact they had made me lose my entire population. They then started arguing with me that they were offering me a discount not a refund ( half of them don't even speak proper English ). After hours of arguing back and forth and them realizing their mistake. I finally asked for a charge back. Black box has by far the WORST customer service i have ever dealt with.

I have Screenshots of the following:

Tech support admitting that their Servers are outdated
    Tech support admitting they don't do proper maintenance on their servers
    Tech support admitting they don't know how a simple config file works.
    Tech support admitting there is extreme lag on their servers
    Proof of Constant crashing and huge lag spikes ( over 200-300 ping for everyone in the server ).
    Server uptime of 43%
    Changing my IP address without informing me.

Refund based on their terms and conditions:

14. Refunds will only be given for plausible and valid reasons, ie poor up time, lagging server etc.

Despite ALL this proof ( screenshots, chatlogs, emails etc) they chose to ignore my tickets instead of following their own terms and conditions. I have brought up their terms and condition #14 on many occasions (will issue refund for lag, crashes and other problems )... Every single time it has been ignored. FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. I have demanded a full refund through paypal. Instead of refunding me my money they have decided to escalate the dispute. therefore, I will be posting the entire incident here so that others aren't screwed by them like i was.

Fun update: After opening the dispute and asking one last time for a refund. David Sandling from Blackbox tried to hustle me. He said i was using a fake paypal account (100% verified with photo id, proof of residence etc ). And said he would have my paypal account shut down if i didn't accept his 50% refund. This is the kind of customer support you can expect from such a low tier server hosting company. They are nothing but thieves, liars, and hustlers(This is not libel since i have proof).

Following that conversation With David Sandling From Blackbox, i called paypal to ask about the following;

-Blackbox saying that they would shutdown my (fake) paypal account if i didn't accept the 50% refund.

-Blackbox saying that the case had already been closed and that paypal had decided in their favor.

Paypal informed me that i had a fully verified account and that there was no way my account would be shut down. They also informed me that the case was still ongoing and was NOT closed. It was apparently just an attempt from Blackbox to scare me off. When i entered the dispute case page on paypal i have no way of posting screenshots, logs or emails to the case. When i asked The lady from paypal, she told me that the burden of proof to show that the server was working properly was on Blackbox and not me because they were selling me the product.

Update: Paypal has made it's decision(if you can even call it that). Apparently Paypal does not cover intangible items. Since the server is an intangible item Paypal will not even look at the dispute. This is the biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard in my life. Despite all the proof(screenshots, emails, server logs) that i was sold a defective product, despite the companies terms and conditions.... I won't get my money back. Blackbox completely shut down my account once they won the dispute. Despite the fact I still HAVE 2 months left with them. They literally just STOLE my money and ran... This is an outright theft.

After doing an extensive search on the internet i have discovered hundreds of other people in my situation. I would like to start a petition to have Blackbox REMOVED FROM 7D2D PREFERED SERVER PARTNERS LIST.
    Last edited by Novahaze; 12-04-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Ranger
    If anyone has any idea how to Report them for theft/false advertisement Please let me know. I have pretty much everything documented saved.

Scavenger
    wow..... that just SUCKS.

Tracker
    Just call your local police and report fraud.. Give them all your evidence and let them handle it.. That is after a cops job;;

Ranger
    One of my friend suggested i contact the Federal Fraud commission Although i don't know if they will be able to get me my money back.

P.S Just in case anyone was curious. It was 120$ for 3 months.
    Last edited by Novahaze; 12-05-2014 at 05:43 AM.

I rented a server with Blackbox for a total of 2 hours. I payed $50 for 1 month to try them out, I went to the control panel and noticed I had hardly any access to any of the 7DTD files so modding was out of the question at that time. I contacted them and asked for a refund but they refused, So I opened a dispute with paypal which paypal gave me the exact same answer which is true they do not handle these types of refunds.

So after speaking with David for some time he said he would be glad to refund my money, I checked paypal and it was not there so I called paypal and they stated that the fund had been sent directly into my bank account, I asked paypal how long it would take to see these funds and they stated it could take up to a month depending on how my bank would handle the transaction. ALMOST 2 months later I received the refund of around $45 so they did keep $5 for the whole 2 hours I had the server which I am ok with, However they did give me a refund.

What is sad is the fact that I got my refund back for the reason of the control panel limiting access which is not in the terms and conditions and your problem is in the terms but they refuse to give you a full refund. I can only assume that you were really hateful to them in the tickets and had been very demanding with them, I only say this because you came to these forums and started posting showing your anger towards Blackbox. You stated that they had been willing to refund 50% of your money and in any case I would say that would be fair were rude to them, To be honest they didn't have to give you anything back at all.

Do I work for Blackbox or am I associated with them at all? Hell No.
    Am I defending them? Nope just stating the facts.

Just letting you know they are more than happy to work with someone and issue a refund as long as you are not hot headed with them making threats and getting really verbal in your tickets. Sometimes when you speak calm and sound like an adult you will get what you ask for. If I was you I would have taken the 50% and left it alone, Now you may never see your money.

Ranger
    I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. However a quick Google search will reveal many other people have been scammed in very similar ways by black box. In the end, what they did was theft and false advertisement. That is not how you run a business.

***For the record; even after my the 500+ messages back and forth i was still very respectful towards the Blackbox Staff (despite the server problems, incompetent technical staff and bad customer service ). When you go to a store and buy an item. You get a receipt which says you have 30 days to return it for a refund. When you bring it back... They don't offer you 50% back ***
    Last edited by Novahaze; 12-05-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Tracker
    if all of that what the post-opener said is true, then it would be a case for a lawyer. they should not only be removed from the tfp site, but completely shut down.

I work for a company called Blackbox yet we have nothing to do with these servers. We do government solutions so really I wonder who they are and I hope their actions don't wrongly reflect on our company but were in the business of handling data for government laboratories not video games.

I rent my server through Streamline.com - I could not possibly be happier with their service - any tickets I open are promptly answered even if I set the ticket to a low priority, and they've been quite willing to work with me on making a modification to their own console scripts to better support the game (and made the modification within 2 hours of me opening the ticket).

PingPerfect.... BEST!

I know it's too late to help you, but in the future you might consider making these type of purchases with your credit card. You will probably have better luck doing a chargeback. (and btw it harms the company when they get chargebacks, even if they use a loophole to justify themselves at a certain point the c/c company will not deal with them)

Ranger
    I just checked. You can either pay with paypal or you can pay with your credit card through paypal. I just noticed Blackbox increased their prices by 10$ in the past few days. Their bad reputation must be going around.

Ranger
    SEVERAL EMAILS FROM BLACKBOX OVER THE COURSE OF THE LAST 2 WEEKS;

-they hadn't yet released patch 10.2 (even a week after it's release)
    -they raised their prices by EIGHTEEN dollars ( to make up for lost customers ).
    -3 emails to do critical maintenance ( which means they shut down everyone servers no warning. Which means hours of lost work/building progress on each players server).
    -Admitted their own systems were infected by a virus causing many problems.
    -Several of their Staff recently quit and they had to hire new ones (Short staffed)

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some copy pasted examples of the emails being sent out by Blackbox. Now... Referring to my original post. Is this not Cause for Terms and conditions #14?

We are sorry for the lack of notice, but we are performing essential maintenance on this machine. It will be up as we have finished.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BlackBox

Sorry for the lack of notice, but we are performing critical maintenance on the box you are on. sorry for the inconvenience.

Tom
    BlackBox

We are very sorry that recently support has been slow, we have a very ill colleague and are training new staff as we speak. We are sorry for the inconvenience and poor support. It will improve this weekend and next week.

Tom
    BlackBox

We have setup an update button on the control panel for those having issues with updating their server to 10.2 with the steam update.

To install it go to UPDATES > Install Alpha 10.2 Update.

This will stop your server and copy all the latest files into your directory.

Thanks for your patience. Support has been a bit slow the last couple of days due to a virus thats going round at the office. Things should be back to normal tomorrow.

Tom
    BlackBoxServers.net

Ranger
    IT took Blackbox 5-6 days to release patch 10.2. When 7d2d releases patches, Steam updates the game for us. So When a patch comes out, our members are updated to 10.2 and the server is still at 10.1 Our players CANNOT enter the server until it is updated ( or unless players revert back to 10.1 which not many people know how to do ). This causes server hosts to lose a lot of their population.