Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antibiotics so very hard to find

Colony Founder
    I must have some supreme luck with Beakers because in all my games since I started playing this, I've gotten a Beaker usually within a week (I get it often within a day or 2). Mostly from killing the zombie nurses. I do like how anti-biotics are hard to find and make since it serves to be an end-game item. However, if the RNG-gods are not with you, and you get infected on Day 1... then yeah, it can be really tough going. Maybe perhaps starting with 1 anti-biotic would help alot but its not something that is truly necessary to me. If anything, I do wish they'd change the starting food we have to something more appetising (ration perhaps?) than the canned chilli... that food is crap and dehydrates the player like crazy...

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I wouldnt be opposed to having players at the easier levels start with one anti-biotic at least in SP mode. Nothing worse than getting infected on first day and seeing your wellness drop like a rock 2 or 3 days into it and not really even sure why.
    +1 for this. One antibiotic for newbies absolutely. And this ^ is exactly what happened to me, repeatedly, when I first started; wellness in the basement, no idea how to bring it back up.

Scavenger
    Antibiotics are supposed to be and should be rare. Where's fun in always being able to cure your infection and easily getting wellness up with antibiotics.

Best way to get both beaker and antibiotics as it has been mentioned earlier - apartment buildings. If you have 2-3 of those in town. Just get inside of them, and break every door into bathroom (can leave everything else untouched). Even if doors are "unlocked", rather break them. Then every week or w/e your loot respawn is set to, go on a farming expedition, looting all of the bathroom med cabinets in every apartment will get you 0-2 antibiotics (with average of 1) and 0-4 beakers, (average of 2). That's what i have on 25% loot server at least.

Also if you're a fan of long travels. Try finding a pop-a-pills store, to reloot weekly, One store will get you 10 medkits, 2-3 antibiotics, 3-4 beakers on 25% loot.

Killing nurses also works, but its a little harder and less efficient. Does not require waiting for loot respawn thou.

As for best way to bring wellness up:
    Go on a travel, hunt down all the animals you see on the way, get as much meat as possible. Then cook it all (if you want instant raise, cook it with a stick - charred version, you can eat it without being hungry, so u can simply eat all the meat at once, drinking golden rod tea meanwhile will make it even better. Or just cook venison/rabbit stews, as for pork, best for wellness would be just making charred/grilled meat, as bacon and eggs has reduced multiplier for wellness increasing.

Oh and one more thing: don't die.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanX View Post
    Also if you're a fan of long travels. Try finding a pop-a-pills store, to reloot weekly, One store will get you 10 medkits, 2-3 antibiotics, 3-4 beakers on 25% loot.
    That depends on RNG really haha. I've hit 2 med-stores in my games and I've gotten only 2 anti-biotics and 0 beakers from them. And that was with 100% loot. Did manage to find a bucket load of painkillers, splints and bandages with a few FA-kits. But during my games, I've gotten beakers and anti-biotics more often from zombie nurses. But the med-store is definitely worth a try. Just hafta hope the RNG-gods smile upon you.

Survivor
    Whaaaat? I've raided dozens of drugstores and never found anything even remotely close to that. Maybe an average of 2 medkits, 1 antibiotic, and 1-2 beakers.

It has already been mentioned,

But I would be on top of those airdrops. You may get lucky with a zombie nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by dpelectric View Post
    Personally, I like antibiotics just the way they are: rare and hard to find or make. You should pay a price for lack of situational awareness and/or taking risks. If you get infected you either weren't paying attention or were pushing your luck, and time to pay the piper
    I previously use to get frustrated by the lack of antibitotics until I looked at how long the infection actually lasts.

Upon first infection you have 3 stages totaling 7 days before your dead. If you dedicate 7 Days to purely finding antibiotics or even the method itself of making those by aquiring the beaker etc, it's actually quite difficult not to get an antibiotic by that time.

I start getting nervous at the second stage however by then I've already been through a couple of poi's and should either find the antibiotic or the items to make it. Not to mention if you have air drops enabled they're usually within those.

This is a big aspect in early game stage and shouldn't be changed unless players don't want to play with any risk.

Scavenger
    I got mine in my first airdrop that actually worked properly ( very few seemed to land on the ground ). I think that there should be more beakers on nurses as they are the ones that would carry them to make antibiotics. Shame it never did them any good.

Colony Founder
    My private server is configured for serious play, not unrealistic cartoon play. Loot respawn is at 30 days, and I might make that longer, or just disable it completey. Up until now I've thought of 30 days as fine because there really wasn't anything that could be farmed from existing POIs, but with the addition of pharmacies and similar megaloot stores...

Killing nurses also works, but its a little harder and less efficient. Does not require waiting for loot respawn thou.
    The hard part about killing & looting Nurse Zombies is the 60s despawn timer on their corpses.

Scavenger
    Longer loot respawn doesn't make game harder for constant players, only makes it impossible for newcomers. I can't recall the last time i went looting something, except a 80 000 long oil harvest.

You get enough from looting a few cities once. And become self-sufficient