Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server Hosting at LowLatencyServers.com

if you are going to block advertisements you should do it to everyone equally

We're renting a 10-player from lowlatencyservers.com, no complaints. Great support ticket system, quick response, server setup was automated and pretty much instant. Even updated from Alpha 5 to Alpha 6, then 6.1 without a hitch. From what I've seen they have great prices too.

We're working with LLS on a France setup as well and NYC.

Thanks gbumoon!
    There is 6.2 under Game Updates as well in case you want to upgrade to that.

6.3 is available as well, France should be online shortly. I'm seeing if it is possible to have a giveaway again just for France as well.

Nice, thanks for keeping up with these updates guys! I noticed the forge is especially buggy when game client doesn't match server version.

Paris, France is now a new location available.

E3-1270v2
    32GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    RAID 10 SATA3 Hardware RAID with SSD cache.
    1Gbit dedicated connection Extra DDoS Protection.

Use promocode france to save 20% off your first month's invoice when ordering a server in this location.
    Current clients who want to move to France also can get 20% off their next monthly invoice.
    Last edited by lowlatencyservers; 02-09-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Refugee
    I bought a server from Lowlatency yesterday. Was up quick and easy. I somehow reset the server about an hour into it....pretty sure this was a rookie mistake because I was playing with the config page.

It has only been 24 hours but I am pretty happy overall, and only 8 bucks for a 10 man server.

Anyone know how to back up the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I bought a server from Lowlatency yesterday. Was up quick and easy. I somehow reset the server about an hour into it....pretty sure this was a rookie mistake because I was playing with the config page.

It has only been 24 hours but I am pretty happy overall, and only 8 bucks for a 10 man server.

Anyone know how to back up the server?
    You can make backups by copying your map region files to your computer. Connect to your server via FTP client, I use FileZilla.

You can find your FTP port on your control panel dashboard, the username and password is the same as your control panel login. Once connected to your server, navigate to:

your_ip_address/Worlds/Navezgane/Saves/ServerName/Region
    These files make up your world or map. If you only want to reset certain regions of the world,
    1. Stop the server
    2. Delete the regions you want to reset
    3. Start the server
    For a map of where the regions are, see below. The filenames correspond with the region coordinates.

your_ip_address/Worlds/Navezgane/Saves/ServerName/Player
    These files represent your player's locations and inventory.

When you're done making changes, just close your FTP client (FileZilla).

Note, if you're playing a different gamemode other than Survival, your path will be different, at the "Navegane" level you'll see other options. You'll know you found the right place when you find a folder with the same title as your server. This whole process is very similar to the good ol' Minecraft days.
    Last edited by gbumoon; 02-20-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Refugee
    Wow thanks gbumoon, you rock, just backed up my server.

On another note tonight I had some pretty bad lag. Not sure if its on my end or in Dallas. 7DtD said my ping was 51.

Thanks gbumoon, +rep

Hello Tuck, if you could open a support ticket in the billing panel we can work on this together.

In case you didn't get the email, to update simply click Steam Update and it will pull the latest update from Steam automatically.
    After it completes be sure to save serverconfig.xml as new values have been added with this version which you can also edit.

Scavenger
    Has anyone had any issues with this provider and the 7.0 and 7.1 updates?? Server cfg problems ect? I am thinking about jumping ship from my current provider and I see here they are 1) cheaper 2)pull the updates from steam so updates for a server actually should happen quicker.(can take my provider a day to get an update up after I have gotten it on steam and in the case of 7.0 and 7.1 I still have yet to play because the server settings wont save in the server control panel and who the heck want to play when you loose your stuff(default setting) when you log)

Oh wait your not cheaper. Just went to your order site and it is not .80 a slot as you advertise in the OP. 10 slots would actually cost .50 more with your service.
    Last edited by AceOfSpades; 03-02-2014 at 06:53 AM.

AceOfSpades, it is in fact 0.80 cents a slot.
    Please provide a picture stating other wise so we can look into this.
    Did you have the Chicago location selected? It's temporarily $2 extra as mentioned the order page.
    Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by lowlatencyservers; 03-02-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpades View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with this provider and the 7.0 and 7.1 updates?? Server cfg problems ect? I am thinking about jumping ship from my current provider and I see here they are 1) cheaper 2)pull the updates from steam so updates for a server actually should happen quicker.(can take my provider a day to get an update up after I have gotten it on steam and in the case of 7.0 and 7.1 I still have yet to play because the server settings wont save in the server control panel and who the heck want to play when you loose your stuff(default setting) when you log)

Oh wait your not cheaper. Just went to your order site and it is not .80 a slot as you advertise in the OP. 10 slots would actually cost .50 more with your service.
    This host is the best host as far as I'm concerned, and not just because they are cheapest. I updated to 7.0 and then again to 7.1 today with no issues. I have had amazing support since launching my server with them 1-1.5 months ago. They are very down-to-earth, I just upped my player cap from 10 to 14 because we were full all day today.

Here is some homework I did on providers,
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing
    Last edited by gbumoon; 03-02-2014 at 10:39 AM.