Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Monetization and AD Policy

Video Monetization and AD Policy

Folks have been asking so we added our Video Monetization and AD revenue policy at the bottom of our EULA and Terms of service pages you can find here:

http://7daystodie.com/eula/

http://7daystodie.com/terms-of-service/

Video Monetization and AD Revenue
    Anyone who has purchased or has received a gift or press release copy of the game has permission or rights to receive ad money or to monetize their video work on Youtube, TwitchTV or other video channels and mediums.
    Last edited by The Fun Pimp; 11-04-2013 at 11:43 PM.

I have about a dozen 7days to die videos up but the last few i am getting messages from youtube saying "You do not appear to give sufficient COMMERCIAL rights for your video to participate in monetization". I have sent them the link to the EULA, and this forum to this topic and they replied with they need more information Please note that messages, comments, and postings from social media websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) or blogs may not be sufficient to establish your commercial use rights. Once you have the appropriate documentation, please email it to us as an attachment.

Any ideas from TFP Staff only or if they could email me any type of documentation that would satisfy youtubes commercial rights guff.

I want to keep promoting your game and have several videos waiting to go up but not if i can't get this fixed.

Cheers

Northstorm
    Last edited by Northstorm; 12-04-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Any update on this from the Pimps i have 5 days left to contact youtube. All i want to do is help promote your game to thousands.

Link this thread. It directly says you are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by iTwAsLucK View Post
    Link this thread. It directly says you are allowed.
    please read what i wrote.

Survivor
    i dont have any problems with Youtube.. check ur video and ur description, maybe is this why?

Quote Originally Posted by Roin View Post
    i dont have any problems with Youtube.. check ur video and ur description, maybe is this why?
    I have 9 7daystodie videos up and the last 3 have been pulled with nothing changing in the format, thats why i am asking here.

Survivor
    any music in the last 3 videos that are not belong to 7days? or anything else (again my bad english)

Quote Originally Posted by Roin View Post
    any music in the last 3 videos that are not belong to 7days? or anything else (again my bad english)
    no background music just the game and myself talking, like i said 9 videos the last 3 have been pulled by youtube, the format has not change no graphics, no music, no background music exactly the same as the previous 6 videos. i have 7 days to reply to youtube and if i get noting then i will drop this game and go support another upcoming game.

Survivor
    Ya with that "threat" you sound real legit.

Quote Originally Posted by tranzdog View Post
    Ya with that "threat" you sound real legit.
    I am legit and it was not a treat its a simple business model, i make money from my channels and after spending hours making, editing & uploading videos if i can't monetize the video then there is no point wasting my time on said game, all i want to do is promote their game.

If linking them to this thread and to the site's EULA doesn't satisfy them, then they've got one hell of a moron reading your replies, because The Fun Pimp has CLEARLY stated in this post that you CAN monetize. Try again; linking both this thread and the EULA, and state at the bottom of the message that it is CLEARLY stated that you are allowed to monetize the video. If they reply that there isn't enough information, then ask them what other information they could possibly need, other than direct text from the keyboard of the game's owner.

Hunter
    ^Request that they supply you with an example of, or direction to, the proper documentation that is required.

Sounds like someone in the youtube department has a snake in their boot and feels like giving someone else a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by infamous0ne View Post
    ^Request that they supply you with an example of, or direction to, the proper documentation that is required.

Sounds like someone in the youtube department has a snake in their boot and feels like giving someone else a hard time.
    yea seems like it all my 7 days to die videos get approved after 2 mins of being uploaded.

Scavenger