Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity Assets Bundle Extractor

I have released a small hotfix (v1.6b) that fixes the raw export file corruption bug and that has an updated Unity 5 class database.

I see this tool has an add option, is it possible to add a new texture?

Tried to edit the opaque file with this tool and UAE, but if I save the edited file with the Asset Bundle Extractor, I get a 4,6 gb file!!!??
    could you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacco View Post
    Tried to edit the opaque file with this tool and UAE, but if I save the edited file with the Asset Bundle Extractor, I get a 4,6 gb file!!!??
    could you help me?
    Get it managed , NICE TOOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacco View Post
    Get it managed , NICE TOOL!!!!
    Attachment 10358Attachment 10359Attachment 10360
    funny possibilities, Thanks derPopo

V1.7 has been released with a TextAsset plugin fix and a new AudioClip plugin.
    The AudioClip plugin can export Unity 5 AudioClips to uncompressed .wav files using FMOD. Basically it plays the sound to the .wav file in "non-realtime" mode.
    See this post if you want to import sounds.

Realy nice man wil test it when I get home

Inventor
    It doesn't work for me:

- I'm using UABE (by derPopo) on "BlockTextureAtlasesD" part of "Data\Bundles"

I am able to get a "raw" or "dump" file of the various "assets" under "Info"

Then, what I am supposed to do with those raw/dump files ? Is it possible to modify them (how) and reload them into the original "BlockTextureAtlasesD"?

There are plugins for some of the file formats (currently Texture2D, TextAsset and AudioClip). If you want to modify the bundle, export the CAB-<random number> from the BlockTextureAtlases and then you can edit that exported file (and save it). Once you're finished, you can import it back to the BlockTextureAtlases and save it.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by DerPopo View Post
    There are plugins for some of the file formats (currently Texture2D, TextAsset and AudioClip). If you want to modify the bundle, export the CAB-<random number> from the BlockTextureAtlases and then you can edit that exported file (and save it). Once you're finished, you can import it back to the BlockTextureAtlases and save it.
    With what tool can I edit the exported "CAB-" ?

UABE can modify bundle files (and read the .assets in it but not write) and can modify raw .assets files (like the CAB file).

Scavenger
    DerPopo I love your program.

But the "Assets Bundle info" window is a bit difficult to dig throw in its currant setup. Is there a chance you can set it up so we can search by word, type of asset or something like that in your next release. And/or have a split window for easier drag and drop from Assets Bundle to Dir and back.

Thankyou for the work you have done on this program... it is very useful!

I used it to figure out which scripts are attached to the tree objects ingame (which makes them able to be chopped down). You can see the research thread here:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ee-Mod-Problem

The working apple tree model mod (with the correct script attached making it able to be chopped down) is here:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...d-Apple-Models

The work I did on that apple tree raised an issue regarding "MonoBehaviour Base" files (type 0xFFFFFFE2):
    When I try to "Export Dump" these files (for example "resources.assets" Path ID 65883 in A12.5) your program says "The file format is empty" which is not correct. I used the "Export Raw" button to dump the bytes and figured out what they mean.

Basically those files contain swapped bytes with the parent Path ID in "resources.assets" and a Path ID to the script file name stored in the "mainData." file. Would be nice if you could "Export Dump" this data in a readable format just like other files.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would also be very handy if we could export the meshes to OBJ or FBX format. This would make modding the existing models possible (e.g. export the holding seeds in your hand model and edit it). Perhaps you could add a plugin?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, it would make things a LOT easier if we could search the list for a certain text string and search for an entry by Path ID.

Once again, thanks for your work on this program and I look forward to any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBREIT View Post
    DerPopo I love your program.

But the "Assets Bundle info" window is a bit difficult to dig throw in its currant setup. Is there a chance you can set it up so we can search by word, type of asset or something like that in your next release. And/or have a split window for easier drag and drop from Assets Bundle to Dir and back.
    Thanks! I added that to the issue list.

Quote Originally Posted by Matite View Post
    Thankyou for the work you have done on this program... it is very useful!

I used it to figure out which scripts are attached to the tree objects ingame (which makes them able to be chopped down). You can see the research thread here:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ee-Mod-Problem

The working apple tree model mod (with the correct script attached making it able to be chopped down) is here:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...d-Apple-Models

The work I did on that apple tree raised an issue regarding "MonoBehaviour Base" files (type 0xFFFFFFE2):
    When I try to "Export Dump" these files (for example "resources.assets" Path ID 65883 in A12.5) your program says "The file format is empty" which is not correct. I used the "Export Raw" button to dump the bytes and figured out what they mean.

Basically those files contain swapped bytes with the parent Path ID in "resources.assets" and a Path ID to the script file name stored in the "mainData." file. Would be nice if you could "Export Dump" this data in a readable format just like other files.

It would also be very handy if we could export the meshes to OBJ or FBX format. This would make modding the existing models possible (e.g. export the holding seeds in your hand model and edit it). Perhaps you could add a plugin?

Finally, it would make things a LOT easier if we could search the list for a certain text string and search for an entry by Path ID.

Once again, thanks for your work on this program and I look forward to any updates.

MonoBehaviour assets are game-specific. Only the base which includes the game object PPtr, an m_Enabled bool, the script PPtr and a name field is the same for all (that the file format is shown as empty is a bug in the current release, it will be fixed for the next release).
    To find the complete type information, these have to be extracted from the MonoBehaviour classes in Assembly-CSharp (or other assemblies). I made a tool that does this (which doesn't yet work properly with some classes that use generic fields) and I have to do further testing.

The mesh extractor also is on the issue list.

The next release will be able to unpack packed bundles (mostly web player .unity3d files), maybe pack these (the web player doesn't seem to want to use these repacked files, I'm not yet sure why) and there will be some bugfixes (to allow opening bundles with sound banks and with dlls without a crash).
    Last edited by DerPopo; 10-04-2015 at 09:22 AM.

V1.8 has been released! It features a Mesh to .obj and a MovieTexture plugin, compressed bundle support (WebPlayer .unity3d), search and sort functionality, batch asset export, much faster tree views and many smaller additions and fixes.

Also, I now use the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license. I explicitly don't forbid using the tool for commercial mods but most games don't allow that anyway (including 7dtd).
    Last edited by DerPopo; 10-18-2015 at 09:44 PM.