Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 7DaysServerManager 6.2+

7DaysServerManager 6.2+

I'm creating this thread because I can't edit 1st post in previous one. There are really outdated informations and now download links are dead. I think nobody want to search 30+ pages of thread to find one link.
    If administrators or moderators of board are not okay with that, please remove old one, and leave this. Thanks

After that intro I want to show You new version of & Days Server Manager.
    Here is short list of things it can do:
    -Run server and monitor crashes,
    -Execute ingame commands from GUI- in other words, You can kick, ban people, change time etc,
    -Generate server config files with user settings,
    -Handle custom commands,
    -Auto backup/restart,
    -Export data to MySQL,
    -Auto message every X minutes,
    -View ingame chat and write as server,
    -a lot more.

Screenshot:

More:
    http://i.imgur.com/8T1SkAN.png
    http://i.imgur.com/N3ZzjXN.png
    http://i.imgur.com/3bzDdnd.png

Download: CLICK
    Homepage: CLICK
    Last edited by pionner; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:07 PM.

so does still work only local or does it finally work also to connect to third party host?

Reconstructionist
    In the corner of your eye when you look into a mirror; every mirror.
    Can i use this with a dedicated server (from Steam) ?
    Does this replace putty (dedicated server)?

Quote Originally Posted by starstremr View Post
    so does still work only local or does it finally work also to connect to third party host?
    Some features of server managers will always require local access to the server. It is simply how computers work. Telnet and FTP is just not enough to do some things.

Quote Originally Posted by LT. View Post
    Some features of server managers will always require local access to the server. It is simply how computers work. Telnet and FTP is just not enough to do some things.
    i was looking for controlling the server i have on pureping.com

This project will never support external servers- it would require rewriting almost whole code. There was another project, 7USE which I participated, but I left and I don't know if they're doing anything. There was no usable build when I left, just some test connection stuff etc.

I know, but those rented servers are not designed to be professionally run or maintained. They are cheap, give you some slots to play with and a web console. Expecting more than that will only leave you disappointed.

What features? Backups and Server Start/Stop/Reset are the only thing I can think of that FRT doesn't handle for remote servers. 7DSM looks pretty clean. If I ran my server locally, I'd give it a try.

@DarkKnight except telnet (players list, bans, kicks, spawns and commands) nothing would work now. Sure I can add possibility to connect to hosts other than localhost if users want it, but it would have very limited usability. With current code it wouldn't be able to even start/stop/reboot server on its own. There is also no FTP implementation in 7DSM so no backups or easy config.

Refugee
    Ok theres still bugs, admins arent identified, i type dm in console, and get this error = "Denying command 'gm' from client [TGS] Helix" {Theres Space in Steam Name}

Also when i tried to spawn something on myself it says = "Player with id '[TGS]Helix' not found" {Theres no Space in Steam Name}

In The Player List my Name is Displayed as "[TGS]Helix"
    My Steam Name is displayed as "[TGS] Helix" The SteamID is right and the adminfile is right...

dont know if this will help, but its a bug...a big one, if i cant even use admin.

It looks like I filter spaces somewhere i shouldn't. I'll take a look, thanks for report

Refugee
    I also tried changing My Steam Alias, the dm command now says denied for the right name, but the player list still shows my name with the [TGS]Helix, even though my new name is Helix... it like remembers it or something...

iF you want, i can maybe try to setup a live example of these crazy events happening over teamviewer for you on saturday or sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by pionner View Post
    @DarkKnight except telnet (players list, bans, kicks, spawns and commands) nothing would work now. Sure I can add possibility to connect to hosts other than localhost if users want it, but it would have very limited usability. With current code it wouldn't be able to even start/stop/reboot server on its own. There is also no FTP implementation in 7DSM so no backups or easy config.
    I understand, which is why I said I don't use your server manager. It's not a complaint, just an observation that your SM is built around a local server. I was asking LT what missing features from FRT he was referring to.

Refugee
    I don't think the client list works right quite yet... it shows players connected but no one is on the server.

Perhaps it is suppose to be that way? In that case maybe some indication that those players are offline?

It's suppose to remove players while they disconnect. I'll take a look.